1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 03:091 edit
    I just watched this scientific video, again, link below; where they claim to have discovered Noah's Ark. Everything fits according to God's Holy Word the Bible; and, the Muslim Koran. Thoughts anyone after watching this shortened video?
    YouTube
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 07:37
    @kingdavid403 said
    I just watched this scientific video, again, link below; where they claim to have discovered Noah's Ark. Everything fits according to God's Holy Word the Bible; and, the Muslim Koran. Thoughts anyone after watching this shortened video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwfU7DvUyE
    I saw this research several years ago and found some of it intriguing. However there is lots of incongruence with the claims and established science such as the length of time wood takes to fossilise for example.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 07:501 edit
    @divegeester said
    I saw this research several years ago and found some of it intriguing. However there is lots of incongruence with the claims and established science such as the length of time wood takes to fossilise for example.
    However there is lots of incongruence with the claims and established science such as the length of time wood takes to fossilise for example.
    Do you think the wood from Noah's Ark would be fossilized by the time this discovery was made? I guess I find this particular argument of the wood mute.
    Do you have another one or two arguments or opinions on this discovery, or on what these scientists said or claimed? I'm interested.
    I'm gonna look into the wood thing further.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 07:54
    @kingdavid403 said
    Do you think the wood from Noah's Ark would be fossilized by the time this discovery was made? I guess I find this particular argument of the wood mute.
    Do you have another one or two arguments or opinions on this discovery, or on what these scientists said or claimed? I'm interested.
    From what I understand of the petrifying process, it takes a huge amount of time and certainly lot longer than the biblical timeline would provide.

Let’s stick with the fossilisation piece before moving on. Did you want to add something other then saying it is “mute” (sic)
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 07:57
    @kingdavid403 said

I'm gonna look into the wood thing further.
    Ok.

I’ve just seen your edit here, which was made after my subsequent reply.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 08:082 edits
    @divegeester said
    From what I understand of the petrifying process, it takes a huge amount of time and certainly lot longer than the biblical timeline would provide.

Let’s stick with the fossilisation piece before moving on. Did you want to add something other then saying it is “mute” (sic)
    Yes, I agree. However, I have never agreed with mans current Biblical timeline. They currently say Noah's flood was around six thousand years ago. I highly disagree. However, I cannot prove it either.
    Let’s stick with the fossilization piece before moving on. Did you want to add something other then saying it is “mute” (sic)
    I did not say it was mute. I said I think it is mute. Meaning to I; I'm nobody special.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 12:03
    @kingdavid403 said
    I did not say it was mute. I said I think it is mute. Meaning to I; I'm nobody special.
    Ok, so my point about the science of fossilisation might not actually BE moot (spelling), but you “THINK” it may be moot and you would rather talk about that rather than the topic?
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 12:271 edit
    @divegeester said
    Ok, so my point about the science of fossilisation might not actually BE moot (spelling), but you “THINK” it may be moot and you would rather talk about that rather than the topic?
    fossilisation is fossilization. Spelling. 🙂
    Yes, you are correct, Your point seemed moot to me, not mute.
    And no, I'd rather talk about the topic. 🙂 However, it's clear that the wood would be old either way. Then you have flood, buried in volcanic lava, etc etc.
    I think Noah's flood happened much longer ago than six thousand years. Thoughts?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 12:36
    @kingdavid403 said
    fossilisation is fossilization. Spelling.
    Huh?
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 12:402 edits
    @fmf said
    Huh?
    LOL, well that's what my spell check says. Yes, I can't spell well. lol 🙂 I see the difference now after looking it up. lol Now, do you have any thoughts or contributions on this subject?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 12:53
    @kingdavid403 said
    LOL, well that's what my spell check says. Yes, I can't spell well. lol 🙂 I see the difference now after looking it up. lol
    Did you already completely believe the Noah's ark story even before you came across whatever is in your YouTube clip? Or were you a sceptic before, or even someone who didn't believe the story?
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 12:581 edit
    @fmf said
    Did you already completely believe the Noah's ark story even before you came across whatever is in your YouTube clip? Or were you a sceptic before, or even someone who didn't believe the story?
    I believe 100% what the Bible says of Noah, or anyone or anything else that it tells us. And, I believe there is so much more that we do not know. You?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 13:09
    @kingdavid403 said
    I believe 100% what the Bible says of Noah, or anyone or anything else that it tells us. And, I believe there is so much more that we do not know. You?
    No, I am not a Muslim, a Jew or a Christian, so to me the Noah story is mythology.
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 13:16
    @fmf said
    No, I am not a Muslim, a Jew or a Christian, so to me the Noah story is mythology.
    Most non-believers feel the same as you; nothing new to I. So, did you watch the video? Any comments on the video?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 13:22
    @kingdavid403 said
    Most non-believers feel the same as you; nothing new to I. So, did you watch the video? Any comments on the video?
    No. All I was interested in was your answer to the question "Did you already completely believe the Noah's ark story even before you came across whatever is in your YouTube clip?" And your answer was - I think - yes. So, thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree