No wonder they protect pedophile priests

No wonder they protect pedophile priests

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
"Pope Benedict used his annual speech to Rome's cardinals and bishops on Monday (Dec. 20) to ask them to reflect on the church's responsibility in the child sex abuse scandals. Benedict qualified his mea culpa by stating that the scandal (in which priests who sexually abused children were often ignored or protected by the Catholic Church) was partly justified ...[text shortened]... — that there is no such thing as evil in itself or good in itself," Benedict said."
And people wonder why somany of us detest organized religion!

rc

Moves
12 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Is paedophilia a "normal" urge to man? (ie no matter how small the
percentage can it be said to be naturally occurring?)

I say that is irrelevant.

The crime is against the children; whether motivated by natural or
unnatural urges it is a crime. The Pope's excuse of 70's morality is
deplorable.
I have no idea and i dont think anyone else has either, not from what I have read, people dont know why it occurs. There is some speculation, but that is what it amounts to and there was no real study done until the eighties i think. One would of course need to find the source material that the Pope cites to validate his claim, but even so, you are correct, whether it was the case is immaterial, its a criminal act, regardless.

P

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by sonship
Back to the [b]New Testament which is suppose to by the Christian's "constitution" so to speak.

The Apostle Paul writes that in latter times the false teaching of forbidding spiritual workers to be married would be a demonic teaching.

"But the Spirit says expressely that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceivin ...[text shortened]... te]

copied from Learn the Bible - http://www.learnthebible.org/peters-wife.html
No one forces a priest to be a priest. To claim celebacy is responsible for pedophilia instead of placing ALL of the blame on the adult is othing short of disgusting.

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by Sahuaro
The web site I found this on (http://www.livescience.com/9179-pope-blames-1970s-society-pedophile-priests.html) includes sidebar articles on new theories on why men love breasts and alien-like skulls excavated in Mexico. This isn't striking me as a legitimate news source. Neither is a blog post, which is what the original link seems to point at. Is there a reputable source for this?
yes there seems to be conflicting reports, the Telegraph states that the pope blames it firmly on the Catholic church,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/7711675/Pope-blames-terrifying-sex-abuse-on-Catholic-Church.html

rc

Moves
13 May 13
2 edits

Is paedophilia a "normal" urge to man? (ie no matter how small the
percentage can it be said to be naturally occurring?)

I say that is irrelevant.

The crime is against the children; whether motivated by natural or
unnatural urges it is a crime. The Pope's excuse of 70's morality is
deplorable.
here is an interesting article cat dude, looking at the subject, historically.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jan/03/paedophilia-bringing-dark-desires-light

It seems that attitudes back them really were different,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile_Information_Exchange

This is why I loathe materialism, it has decriminalised immorality.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
here is an interesting article cat dude, looking at the subject, historically.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jan/03/paedophilia-bringing-dark-desires-light

It seems that attitudes back them really were different,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile_Information_Exchange

This is why I loathe materialism, it has decriminalised immorality.
This is radical stuff. But there is a growing conviction, notably in Canada, that paedophilia should probably be classified as a distinct sexual orientation, like heterosexuality or homosexuality. Two eminent researchers testified to that effect to a Canadian parliamentary commission last year, and the Harvard Mental Health Letter of July 2010 stated baldly that paedophilia "is a sexual orientation" and therefore "unlikely to change".
Interesting .. but perhaps not surprising.
If it happens; it happens naturally; and is therefore natural.
The crime needs to be seen as a violation of rights rather than something inherently evil.

rc

Moves
13 May 13
2 edits

[i]This is radical stuff. But there is a growing conviction, notably in Canada, that paedophilia should probably be classified as a distinct sexual orientation, like heterosexuality or homosexuality. Two eminent researchers testified to that effect to a Canadian parliamentary commission last year, and the Harvard Mental Health Letter of July 2010 stated b
The crime needs to be seen as a violation of rights rather than something inherently evil.
Yes it certainly is radical.

Its only a matter of time before this dreadful scenario happens although I suspect that the public shall be less convinced and less sympathetic to the case than they seemingly were to the disproportionate representation of homosexuality in the popular media.

It needs to be seen for what it is, unnatural. Simply because something happens does not necessitate that its natural, the very physiology of children should tell one that its unnatural. Homosexuality and paedophilia are deviations from what is natural, anomalies and should be treated as such.

Moves
13 May 13

Yes it certainly is radical.

Its only a matter of time before this dreadful scenario happens although I suspect that the public shall be less convinced and less sympathetic to the case than they seemingly were to the disproportionate representation of homosexuality in the popular media.

It needs to be seen for what it is, unnatural. Simply be ...[text shortened]... ty and paedophilia are deviations from what is natural, anomalies and should be treated as such.
how should we treat anomalies?

(do you know how upsetting and offensive the end of your post is?)

rc

Moves
13 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
how should we treat anomalies?

(do you know how upsetting and offensive the end of your post is?)
gee i didn't know such straight talk could make you blush so readily. Some lemonade with your whisky perhaps? or would you like a some black current in your lager girly boy?

How they are treated is not the most worrying aspect, its that materialism has been so pervasive that it has reached the realms of criminality and it will simply be a matter of time before legislation ensues decriminalising a blatantly unnatural practice such as paedophilia.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 May 13

gee i didn't know such straight talk could make you blush so readily. Some lemonade with your whisky perhaps? or would you like a some black current in your lager girly boy?

How they are treated is not the most worrying aspect, its that materialism has been so pervasive that it has reached the realms of criminality and it will simply be a matter ...[text shortened]... e before legislation ensues decriminalising a blatantly unnatural practice such as paedophilia.
Paedophila will be decriminalised? LOL!!

Moves
13 May 13

How they are treated is not the most worrying aspect, its that materialism has been so pervasive that it has reached the realms of criminality and it will simply be a matter ...[text shortened]... e before legislation ensues decriminalising a blatantly unnatural practice such as paedophilia.
should all anomalies be criminalized?

im not blushing, just pointing out that many people will find what you wrote very upsetting. just wanted to make sure you were aware of that.

rc

Moves
13 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Paedophila will be decriminalised? LOL!!
why not, only sixty years ago homosexuality was a criminal offence, now its all the rage. If it is a sexual orientation as these materialists are trying to make out (see the report to the Canadian government) then its unlikely that you can convict someone for a predisposition over which they have little or no control, is it. This is where materialism has brought us to, i hope you are happy!

rc

Moves
13 May 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
should all anomalies be criminalized?

im not blushing, just pointing out that many people will find what you wrote very upsetting. just wanted to make sure you were aware of that.
These things are a matter for the governments, i have no view but the Biblical one, although what scriptural principles apply to paedophilia i cannot say at present, no doubt there will be many that need to be weighed in the balance.

Moves
13 May 13

These things are a matter for the governments, i have no view but the Biblical one, although what scriptural principles apply to paedophilia i cannot say at present, no doubt there will be many that need to be weighed in the balance.
who's opinion was it that pedophilia will be decriminalized in the future?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 May 13

why not, only sixty years ago homosexuality was a criminal offence, now its all the rage. If it is a sexual orientation as these materialists are trying to make out (see the report to the Canadian government) then its unlikely that you can convict someone for a predisposition over which they have little or no control. This is where materialism has brought us to, i hope you are happy!
You're making no sense as per usual. Whenever you bring materialism into the discussion you get all frothy at the mouth and start ribbiting utter garbage.

Do people who kill someone as a result of their psychopathic tendencies, which they have little or no control over, not get convicted? Was Levi Bellfield convicted? What about Peter Tobin?