1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:26
    @kellyjay said
    You don't follow along well since the point of broken moral compasses is that
    we cannot look at ourselves and judge properly because everyone has a broken
    compass.
    Speak for yourself.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:29
    @kellyjay said
    You, however, think yours is working fine compared to everyone else',
    I supposed, and you think I'm the arrogant one here?
    Yes, I think mine is working fine. If yours isn't working fine, then I hope you find a way to work through whatever problems you have.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:32
    @fmf said
    Speak for yourself.
    Odd thing for you to say when you are forever telling others what they can and
    cannot know.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:32
    @kellyjay said
    You
    do judge others here for how they think; I'm assuming because being the one
    with the unbroken compass, you can.
    "Judging how others think" is an intellectual process rather than a moral one. "Judging how others think" is the life blood of a debate and discussion forum. If you haven't been "judging how others think", then on what basis have you been disagreeing with what they think?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:33
    @fmf said
    Yes, I think mine is working fine. If yours isn't working fine, then I hope you find a way to work through whatever problems you have.
    Out of curiosity, what is it about yours that is different than everyone else'? Is it
    you like what you like?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:34
    @fmf said
    "Judging how others think" is an intellectual process rather than a moral one. "Judging how others think" is the life blood of a debate and discussion forum. If you haven't been "judging how others think", then on what basis have you been disagreeing with what they think?
    LOL, okay, but you have condemned some thought processes with moral judgments
    so they are intertwined.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:37
    @kellyjay said
    Punishment for actions and inactions is and right of culture or the authority
    whose power we find ourselves in, this is acceptably true?
    Laws, crimes, prosecutions and punishments are a feature of every communal context where people live side by side and need to cooperate. That is how they seek to protect themselves from each other and make their communal life sustainable.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:371 edit
    @kellyjay said
    LOL, okay, but you have condemned some thought processes with moral judgments
    so they are intertwined.
    An example?

The reason I ask for one is because I think you're just making it up and you are struggling for 'points' to make.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:40
    @kellyjay said
    Out of curiosity, what is it about yours that is different than everyone else'? Is it
    you like what you like?
    Everyone's is unique.

One's moral compass and one's character/ personhood are, in many ways, one in the same.

Everyone's moral compass is unique because everyone's narrative + "nurture" combo is unique.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 10:431 edit
    @kellyjay said
    cannot know.
    No it is not an odd think to say. "Speak for yourself" means I don't agree with what you said. Saying so is not "odd". KellyJay you are fumbling.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 11:551 edit
    @kellyjay said
    cannot know.
    you are forever telling others what they can and cannot know

If you end up pouting like this ~ as you so often do ~ when you encounter disagreement, why do you spend time on a discussion and debate forum?

Do you believe people can know that Gabriel appeared to Muhammed in a cave and gave him messages from God?

Do you believe people can know that Gabriel's meeting with Muhammed is a historical truth?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree