Moses & Child Sexual Slavery (Bible Study)

Moses & Child Sexual Slavery (Bible Study)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Apr 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
No1: " As for the "abuse" you take, you deserve it; ..... "

Isn't that what they all say, those bigots, either religious or secular ....

A racist will say such a thing about black people.
A sexist will say such a thing about women.
An anti-Jewish person will say such a thing about Jewish people.
An anti-Semite will say this about Jewish people.
An anti-born again will say this about Born-agains.

An out of context, partial quote; the Master of Deceit and Lies rolls on. Don't you ever get tired of this BS, Ivanhoe?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Apr 05
1 edit

You noticed too, huh ? No1 is very anxious to take the Medianite massacre literally if it suits his purposes ....... 😀
What other way is there to take it? As metaphor? As parable? It's supposed to be the history of your God's "chosen people" ain't it? Or did they make it up as they went along?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
27 Apr 05
2 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
What other way is there to take it? As metaphor? As parable? It's supposed to be the history of your God's "chosen people" ain't it? Or did they make it up as they went along?
No1,

There are people who fight a civil war using all kinds of references to events that happened three or four hundred years ago (for instance Northern Ireland, but there are many more instances) and people ask themselves how on earth this is possible. You are prepared to fight over events that happened not hundreds but thousands and thousands of years ago. If they ever happened ..... Give it a rest, No1.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
27 Apr 05

No1,

There are people who fight a civil war using all kinds of references to events that happened three or four hundred years ago (for instance Northern Ireland, but there are more instances) and people ask themselves how on earth this is possible. You are prepared to fight over events that happened not hundreds but thousands and thousands of years ago. If they ever happened ..... Give it a rest, No1.
If you are still promoting the worth of the Bible today, then that is a current event worth fighting over. If people stop promoting the worth of the Bible, I assure you that in three or four hundred years, people will no longer be fighting about it.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
27 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
If you are still promoting the worth of the Bible today, then that is a current event worth fighting over. If people stop promoting the worth of the Bible, I assure you that in three or four hundred years, people will no longer be fighting about it.
"If you are still promoting the worth of the Bible today, then that is a current event worth fighting over."

Maybe for you and no1 but not for me. Give it a rest DoctorScribbles.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
27 Apr 05

"If you are still promoting the worth of the Bible today, then that is a current event worth fighting over."

Maybe for you and no1 but not for me. Give it a rest DoctorScribbles.
OK, you're right. Let us abolish the Spirituality forum.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
27 Apr 05

Yeah right, and create a "Medianite Massacre" forum .....

sjj

redbridge/southamptn

Moves
27 Apr 05

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
27 Apr 05

Yeah right, and create a "Medianite Massacre" forum .....
this forum is for precisely the type of posts no1 makes about the nature of the OT god.
Any book that people say is the "word of God" is subject matter that belongs here.. both pro and con

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Apr 05

But where else could I post my anti-Semitic, anti-Jewish hate speech? I get sooooooooooo tired of preaching to the choir at the Nazi Party of America website.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
27 Apr 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
this forum is for precisely the type of posts no1 makes about the nature of the OT god.
Any book that people say is the "word of God" is subject matter that belongs here.. both pro and con

You little devil you ...... 😀

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
27 Apr 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
But where else could I post my anti-Semitic, anti-Jewish hate speech? I get sooooooooooo tired of preaching to the choir at the Nazi Party of America website.

Is this what they call a "hyperbowl" ?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
27 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
I don't think it as simple as it appears. Do you?

I believe it has a simple explanation.

I don't much care to take in verses out of context and pass judgment on them. I don't think you do either.

Please bring to bear any other verses you feel are relevant.

All I can tell from those two verses is that the event happened. But in context of the book it's in, the previous verses, later verses, etc. I don't think it was written simply as a morality tale to warn children not to tease their elders.

What other explanation do you have for God's directly responding to
Elisha's curse and mauling 42 children for saying 'Go up, baldhead?'

I'll retype my explanation later.

Nemesio

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
27 Apr 05

It seems whenever I find a passage that has relevance to the argument at hand I am accused of this same thing; taking it out of context.

I also repeat Nemesio's request, what other passages appear with this one that have been neglected so that we may better understand it's meaning?

Nyxie

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
27 Apr 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
It seems whenever I find a passage that has relevance to the argument at hand I am accused of this same thing; taking it out of context.

I also repeat Nemesio's request, what other passages appear with this one that have been neglected so that we may better understand it's meaning?

Nyxie
Personally, I think your deficiency is your reluctance to embrace the
Holy Spirit. 😉

Nemesio