Moses & Child Sexual Slavery (Bible Study)

Moses & Child Sexual Slavery (Bible Study)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
27 Apr 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
Personally, I think your deficiency is your reluctance to embrace the
Holy Spirit. 😉

Nemesio
I do hope you're joking...

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
27 Apr 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
I do hope you're joking...
The HOLY SPIRIT is no joke! Do you deny the saving grace of the ONE true GOD? 😉

TheSkipper

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
27 Apr 05

Originally posted by TheSkipper
The HOLY SPIRIT is no joke! Do you deny the saving grace of the ONE true GOD? 😉

TheSkipper
It's deja vu all over again!

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 Apr 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
Some people like arguing for the sake of arguing, attacking the other position, bolstering yours, a bit like chess really. Some people become adept at it.
KK: "Some people like arguing for the sake of arguing, .... "

Nothing is more boring and annoying than arguing with such a debator ..... wait a minute, maybe I am wrong ..... maybe reading such a debate is even more boring ..... Anyway, sometimes I happen to run into one or two of these gentlemen here on the site ..... once in a while ..... 😴

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
28 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Where does it show that God condones their actions. Judges is not the place to look to see what God condones of condemns. It is a historical narrative.

You need to look in the books where God clearly gives commands of law to see what He condemns. A rapist were stoned, as were adulterers, and children who where willfully abusive to their parents. Tha ...[text shortened]... r, etc. He does order specific people killed in war, and for crimes, including murder and rape.

I'm sorry, but I was under the misapprehension that the Bible was the word of God. If so, his style is awful. How can you tell me that the scribblings in Judges are not condoned by God? Clearly he approves of everything that went on when one looks at the Chapter in context.

I would have thought condoning a child to death for cursing an old codger for being bold is being rather condoned and approved of by your compassionate and loving god.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
28 Apr 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser

I'm sorry, but I was under the misapprehension that the Bible was the word of God. If so, his style is awful. How can you tell me that the scribblings in Judges are not condoned by God? Clearly he approves of everything that went on when one looks at the Chapter in context.....
How can you tell me that they are? There is no logic in your assertion - at least you have not given any.

Have you ever watched a war documentary? Do you think the authors were condoning murder or war, even if they don't come out and declare their position? I don't think I've ever seen a war documentary where the directory added a disclaimer that war is a bad thing and we don't condone it. So I see no sense in your assertion that God has condoned any actions of any person(s) in the Bible - unless it says so explicitly.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
28 Apr 05

How can you tell me that they are? There is no logic in your assertion - at least you have not given any.

Have you ever watched a war documentary? Do you think the authors were condoning murder or war, even if they don't come out and declare their position? I don't think I've ever seen a war documentary where the directory added a disclaimer that wa ...[text shortened]... that God has condoned any actions of any person(s) in the Bible - unless it says so explicitly.
Numbers 25 : 17 Vex the medianites and smite them.

That is a rather straight forward statement.

Exodus 2 : 12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

Exodus 32 : 27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

Numbers 15 : 32-36

32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
28 Apr 05
1 edit

Have you ever watched a war documentary? Do you think the authors were condoning murder or war, even if they don't come out and ...[text shortened]... ions of any person(s) in the Bible - unless it says so explicitly.
"They" will say yes Coletti, because that is the game. They will quote some scripture that is vague. It is a ploy or as you will; a statagy to knock Christian beliefs. I am glad they have nothing on my brand of religion.
Ignore them and perhaps they will go away.

RTh

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
28 Apr 05

Numbers 25 : 17 Vex the medianites and smite them.

That is a rather straight forward statement.

Exodus 2 : 12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

Exodus 32 : 27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in ...[text shortened]... the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

That's more like it! Except for Exodus where Moses was trying to get away with murder (literally). The rest are commands from God for acts of war, capital punishment for various crimes like working on Sunday, etc. God was extremely demanding of the Israelites - especially when they we given direct orders and commands. Failure to obey God's direct commands was punishable by death (by stoning).

Why stoning and not a masked executioner? That would seem more "humane." And God does not hold the Gentiles up to the same level of responsibility - with the exception of foreigners who lived among the Jews. But He still calls on the Israelites to wipe out nations. Why not do it himself like Sodom? He could have easily done so.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
28 Apr 05

That's more like it! Except for Exodus where Moses was trying to get away with murder (literally). The rest are commands from God for acts of war, capital punishment for various crimes like working on Sunday, etc. God was extremely demanding of the Israelites - especially when they we given direct orders and commands. Failure to obey God's direct comma ...[text shortened]... sraelites to wipe out nations. Why not do it himself like Sodom? He could have easily done so.
I guess I finnally found the right one. It takes a while becuase it's a rather large book with many passages.

Working on sunday? I do believe the Isrealite, and modern Jewish sabbath is saturday.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
28 Apr 05

Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
"They" will say yes Coletti, because that is the game. They will quote some scripture that is vague. It is a ploy or as you will; a statagy to knock Christian beliefs. I am glad they have nothing on my brand of religion.
Ignore them and perhaps they will go away.

RTh
Some will. And some will ask honest questions that really bother them. I try to address the ones that are serious - and ignore the ranters. And TRY to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I don't expect to convince anyone - but give a fair answer to hard questions when I can.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
28 Apr 05

I guess I finnally found the right one. It takes a while becuase it's a rather large book with many passages.

Working on sunday? I do believe the Isrealite, and modern Jewish sabbath is saturday.
My mistake - the Sabbath. I think there's some debate over the proper day for the Sabbath.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
28 Apr 05

My mistake - the Sabbath. I think there's some debate over the proper day for the Sabbath.
I ws'nt aware of this debate. The jewish people have mantained it is saturday for about 5000 years.

I believe the Sunday worship comes from the new testament. When believers of Jesus would meet one another to praise his name. Sataurday being the sabbath they would not travel on that day, and might also be in synogogue. The would meet the next day when services were'nt being held, and they were free to travel to each other.

Nyxie

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
28 Apr 05

I ws'nt aware of this debate. The jewish people have mantained it is saturday for about 5000 years.

I believe the Sunday worship comes from the new testament. When believers of Jesus would meet one another to praise his name. Sataurday being the sabbath they would not travel on that day, and might also be in synogogue. The would meet the next day when services were'nt being held, and they were free to travel to each other.

Nyxie
I think it has to do with a possible shift in the way the days of the week are tracked. Maybe it has to do with the Jewish calender. If we had to be very strict about it being every seven days, it would get shifted to a different day of the week every leap year. And I don't think the traditional Jewish calender has leap years. More important than what day of the week, would be that it be once a week - and that it was to be a day that everyone rested on together.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
28 Apr 05

I think it has to do with a possible shift in the way the days of the week are tracked. Maybe it has to do with the Jewish calender. If we had to be very strict about it being every seven days, it would get shifted to a different day of the week every leap year. And I don't think the traditional Jewish calender has leap years. More important than what day ...[text shortened]... that it be once a week - and that it was to be a day that everyone rested on together.
For further research feel free to visit this website :

http://mcdonald.southern.edu/bible/sabbath/exam6.html