Moon

Moon

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
10 Oct 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Anything is possible.
only if you have an infinite probability drive.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Oct 11

When a child.

I had no idea what was causing it at the time.

I was told the moon.
I am surprised you haven't witnessed one since then. Next time there is one in your area, take the time to actually go outside and have a look for yourself. You don't need to rely on the word of lying cheating scientists, you can see it for yourself.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am surprised you haven't witnessed one since then. Next time there is one in your area, take the time to actually go outside and have a look for yourself. You don't need to rely on the word of lying cheating scientists, you can see it for yourself.
But what will my eyes really be seeing.

It may look like the moon but it may not be.

Just like when you look at the full moon at night you can form a circle with your thumb and first finger and capture the moon in that circle.

Gosh.... the moon is only 35mm wide?

Thats what my eyes tell me.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Oct 11

But what will my eyes really be seeing.

It may look like the moon but it may not be.
Of course you don't have to believe your eyes. But at least you will have seen what you currently call 'the moon' going in front of the sun and causing an eclipse. If you doubt that it is the moon, then at least it is your own eyes lying and cheating you and you will not be able to blame scientists.

Just like when you look at the full moon at night you can form a circle with your thumb and first finger and capture the moon in that circle.

Gosh.... the moon is only 35mm wide?

Most people figure out that you cant measure stuff that way when they are about 2 years old.

1.Nf3

The Hague

Moves
13 Oct 11

Typical.

I've had quite some conversations with people who got every single one of their arguments torn apart and still held on to their (usually rather strange) views.

This one's no different, I guess. When people decide they don't want to use their brain anymore, there's not much you can do...

F

Moves
13 Oct 11

Originally posted by davaniel
Typical.

I've had quite some conversations with people who got every single one of their arguments torn apart and still held on to their (usually rather strange) views.

This one's no different, I guess. When people decide they don't want to use their brain anymore, there's not much you can do...
Well. I have a much higher opinion of twhitehead than you do, then, it seems.

Moves
13 Oct 11

Originally posted by FMF
To be fair it's entirely possible he was talking about dasa, given he didn't specify who he was talking about.

Benefit of the doubt might be in order.

F

Moves
13 Oct 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
To be fair it's entirely possible he was talking about dasa, given he didn't specify who he was talking about.
Oh.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Oct 11

While sniggering at dasa I was reminded of the paradox of the big rising/setting moon compared to the tiny moon at its zenith.

I still find that freaky!

Moves
13 Oct 11

Originally posted by wolfgang59
While sniggering at dasa I was reminded of the paradox of the big rising/setting moon compared to the tiny moon at its zenith.

I still find that freaky!
Illusion rather than paradox, it's not self contradictory.

But it is rather cool.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am not asking for a sign of proof before I will believe.
So your just going on blind faith?
Is my generation still "evil"(as compared to say,yours), or have you revised that?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Oct 11

Illusion rather than paradox, it's not self contradictory.

But it is rather cool.
Boy! You are pedantic today! 😛

Thank you for correcting me, I know its an illusion but it is often referred to as the "Moon Paradox"
and looking big then looking small is a contradiction of sorts isnt it?

Moves
13 Oct 11

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Boy! You are pedantic today! 😛

Thank you for correcting me, I know its an illusion but it is often referred to as the "Moon Paradox"
and looking big then looking small is a contradiction of sorts isnt it?
Sorry, I sometimes forget to take my pedant hat off.

It is often referred to as the 'moon paradox' but I think that that is a misnomer.

Anyhow, it is a fascinating illusion that tells us stuff about how our eyes work,
And I probably shouldn't have jumped on you for calling it a paradox.
I apologies.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Oct 11

Sorry, I sometimes forget to take my pedant hat off.

It is often referred to as the 'moon paradox' but I think that that is a misnomer.

Anyhow, it is a fascinating illusion that tells us stuff about how our eyes work,
And I probably shouldn't have jumped on you for calling it a paradox.
I apologies.
No problem.
I'm still not satisfied with any explanation I've seen that attempts to explain it!

1.Nf3

The Hague

Moves
14 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Apologies, I didn't realise it was unclear who I was talking about, which was, indeed, dasa.

When I was reading the thread the only thing I had in mind was dasa saying stuff and everybody else saying it's all nonsense.