Moon

Moon

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by smw6869
I always thought that toes were the greatest fingers.

GRANNY.
And oranges the best apples.....

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Yes I do call into question the universe as science perceives it.

The Veda has a unique perspective of the cosmos.

Have you not heard of planet Rahu and Ketu
If they are planets with significant masses, not far from Earth, as you imply, then "science" would detect them.

I bet there is much more to our planetary system than meets the eye.

For example if something has little or no mass then it cant be detected.
And since science deals with physics and hard matter they will always be looking in the wrong direction.

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
If they are planets with significant masses, not far from Earth, as you imply, then "science" would detect them.

And since science deals with physics and hard matter they will always be looking in the wrong direction.
It can have little mass but still emit/reflect light and be detected.

However there is no object that meets the definition of planet, we could have missed thus
far inside the solar system.

However there are almost certainly things we have yet to discover about the solar system.

This is why science is still looking at it.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel

Science is talking of dark matter.

Dark matter may be that Rahu planet.

Sciences perspective of this cosmos is like an ants perspective of this planet.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Oct 11

So Rahu and Ketu are dark matter planets you think?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
So Rahu and Ketu are dark matter planets you think?
I am just suggesting that because Rahu and Ketu are not observed by science...... then science themselves could at least acknowledge they could be construct of dark matter because..........dark matter is a term that science has come up with - but at least they acknowledge that their dark matter is factual and cannot be detected at the same time.

So if that is the case - then it easy to go from there to accept an invisible planet.

w

Moves
10 Oct 11

I am just suggesting that because Rahu and Ketu are not observed by science...... then science themselves could at least acknowledge they could be construct of dark matter because..........dark matter is a term that science has come up with - but at least they acknowledge that their dark matter is factual and cannot be detected at the same time.

So if that is the case - then it easy to go from there to accept an invisible planet.
I used to have an invisible friend. I never really thought of him as dark matter though. Hmmm?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Oct 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
It can have little mass but still emit/reflect light and be detected.

However there is no object that meets the definition of planet, we could have missed thus
far inside the solar system.

However there are almost certainly things we have yet to discover about the solar system.

This is why science is still looking at it.
Aye.
however if it does not reflect light ...

Also, dont you have to have an idea of where to be looking in the first place?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Oct 11

There is much to be found on this planet as well as in our star system.
Again, because of the methodology used, they are not likely to find anything.
(I'm thinking the methodology of scientists like the SETI people here)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Oct 11
1 edit

Actually, if you are really prepared to believe anything anyone says about science, dark matter has been seen. You may or may not know or believe that space is malleable, matter effects the depth of gravity wells and mass and velocity changes the rate that time flows in response, time slows down the greater the gravity field you are in, that has been proven if you care to actually study the science behind relativity and how for instance, GPS satellites work.

Dark matter as mass generates its own bending of space just like regular matter like we and everything else in the solar system is made of, there may even be dark matter in the solar system, that is a big subject of study right now, experiments designed to directly detect dark matter right here on Earth.

That is not how cosmological dark matter is detected. We know that mass deflects the path that light takes through the universe, google "Einstein Rings' for more detail on that effect.

That effect also lets astronomers deduce the presence of dark matter and to make visualizations of it, around galaxies and galactic clusters, the presence of dark matter around those objects out mass the actual galaxies but are present in a big halo around those galaxies, including our own and the closer ones like Andromeda.

Those galaxies are too close to see the effects of dark matter but the ones way far away, a billion light years away, changes the path of light coming from even more distant galaxies. That is the origin of 'Einstein Rings', which is a galaxy way far away that happens to lie directly behind a much closer galaxy, where the nearer galaxy acts like a lens for the light from the further galaxy in line with us and the nearby one.

That effect also lets them deduce the presence of dark matter, so they can chart where it is at least in galaxies pretty far away from the solar system.

So you are wrong about not being able to see dark matter.

Once more, Science 1, Dasa/vishavhetu -1.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Oct 11

Originally posted by whodey
I used to have an invisible friend. I never really thought of him as dark matter though. Hmmm?
SCIENCE HAS DELIVERED A STATEMENT TODAY.

Science have said they do not accept the phenomena of invisability.

When asked why not?

They replied.....

Well we cant see it.

DUMB SCIENCE.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Oct 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
Actually, if you are really prepared to believe anything anyone says about science, dark matter has been seen. You may or may not know or believe that space is malleable, matter effects the depth of gravity wells and mass and velocity changes the rate that time flows in response, time slows down the greater the gravity field you are in, that has been proven ...[text shortened]... wrong about not being able to see dark matter.

Once more, Science 1, Dasa/vishavhetu -1.
I have no interest in dark matter and I was simply using it as an example to lead up to the phenomena invisibility.

Dark matter is the closest thing in science to invisibility I guess.

So if science can accept dark matter its only then a nano speck to get to invisibility.

Having accepted that then ..............Rahu and Ketu exist.

They are invisible to modern science..

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Oct 11
1 edit

I have no interest in dark matter and I was simply using it as an example to lead up to the phenomena invisibility.

Dark matter is the closest thing in science to invisibility I guess.

So if science can accept dark matter its only then a nano speck to get to invisibility.

Having accepted that then ..............Rahu and Ketu exist.

They are invisible to modern science..
Dasa don't believe him, dark matter has not been seen. They don't
even know what it is that causes the effect they say is caused by this
so-called dark matter. He is another one of those dishonest persons.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Dasa don't believe him, dark matter has not been seen. They don't
even know what it is that causes the effect they say is caused by this
so-called dark matter. He is another one of those dishonest persons.
Thing is, or so I have heard, that the majority of the "known" universe is made up of dark matter.
So I dont know how you can claim to know, with absolute certainty, either way.

If you know something that these guys dont, then please enlighten us.
It is no good just to say "dont believe him" . You need some semblence of proof. But I suppose you have come across this type of request before ,ie. the need for proof. 😉

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
10 Oct 11

Like someone said before, it's God that holds this universe together. We do have a Dark angel sort of running things here on Earth for now, but, that's a spiritual subject and doesn't belong in this science thread.