Meta-narrative

Meta-narrative

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 22

@divegeester said
You’re being disingenuous again KellyJay.

Opinions might not be correct, but that doesn’t mean they are “lies”. Delusions are opinions, the deluded mind is not necessarily deliberately dishonest in its opinions.

You know this of course and you are just being intellectually dishonest. This behaviour demeans you and your version of the Gospel.
You should follow along the full conversation. Explaining things to you has been a great waste of time since you don’t attempt to understand your concern is how it fits with what you like.

F

Moves
08 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You should follow along the full conversation. Explaining things to you has been a great waste of time since you don’t attempt to understand your concern is how it fits with what you like.
Oh the irony.

F

Moves
08 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I have an opinion, and you are now saying our opinions can be lies; thus, the things
we can have our opinions can be based on truth or falsehoods?
A lie is a falsehood intended to deceive. You, having supposedly read thousands of my posts, asserting that I deny the possibility that there is something that transcends the universe is, for all intents and purposes, a lie. It would be like me asserting that you have never mentioned your belief in Jesus.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 22

@fmf said
A lie is a falsehood intended to deceive. You, having supposedly read thousands of my posts, asserting that I deny the possibility that there is something that transcends the universe is, for all intents and purposes, a lie. It would be like me asserting that you have never mentioned your belief in Jesus.
You are forever demeaning my faith as I explain my reasoning reducing it to simply an opinion. You have called many things I have shared due to my faith all manner of derogatory things claiming I hate, and being deceitful.

I read what you write, give you my interpretation of what you say, and you call me a liar.

You treat others quite differently than you do yourself.

F

Moves
08 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You are forever demeaning my faith as I explain my reasoning reducing it to simply an opinion.
Faith is a set of elaborate personal opinions and beliefs ~ regardless of the reasoning that underpins it. There's nothing to be gained from pretending otherwise.

F

Moves
08 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You have called many things I have shared due to my faith all manner of derogatory things claiming I hate, and being deceitful.
I have never said anything derogatory about your faith. The fact that your intellectual behaviour as you propagate your beliefs and as you interact with me about mine is sometimes deceitful isn't going to go away simply because you are upset about being called out for it.

F

Moves
08 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I read what you write, give you my interpretation of what you say, and you call me a liar.
I have only called you a liar when you have stated things that you know to be false. If I start claiming, for example, that you've never mentioned your belief in Jesus in our conversations, then I will be a liar too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 22

@fmf said
I have only called you a liar when you have stated things that you know to be false. If I start claiming, for example, that you've never mentioned your belief in Jesus in our conversations, then I will be a liar too.
You are a fine one to talk about what I know. When it suits you it is “my opinion,” I can not know, and when it doesn’t “I know,” and you can call me a liar.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You are a fine one to talk about what I know. When it suits you it is “my opinion,” I can not know, and when it doesn’t “I know,” and you can call me a liar.
You many know all manner of things, KellyJay, but you misuse the word "know" when you apply it to things of a supernatural nature about which we can only speculate.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I have only pointed out that you are lying when you've deliberately said false things about me with the apparant intent to deceive for your own shabby, prideful reasons.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@fmf said
I have only pointed out that you are lying when you've deliberately said false things about me with the apparant intent to deceive for your own shabby, prideful reasons.
Well, if you are only pointing it out that makes it all okay.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Well, if you are only pointing it out that makes it all okay.
I only call you out for lying when I see you deliberately and knowingly saying false things. If I were to claim that you deny that you are a Christian or that your beliefs are "ever-changing", then you can call me out for lying too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@fmf said
I only call you out for lying when I see you deliberately and knowingly saying false things. If I were to claim that you deny that you are a Christian or that your beliefs are "ever-changing", then you can call me out for lying too.
Truth is always true, time doesn't change it, and opinions can either correctly align
with it or not. If we have to change our minds because we realize something we
thought was true wasn't, we change our minds. If we thought something true we
later discovered wasn't, we have to acknowledge it was never true, even during the
times we were wrong.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Truth is always true, time doesn't change it, and opinions can either correctly align
with it or not.
Be that as it may, but when you said my beliefs are "ever-changing" and I "deny the possibility of a transcendent power in the universe", it was not "true". You were lying.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@fmf said
Be that as it may, but when you said my beliefs are "ever-changing" and I "deny the possibility of a transcendent power in the universe", it was not "true". You were lying.
Holding to the belief God is real, changing to a belief that God isn't real means that
according to the new perspective, all previous beliefs that used to be held were
never true by the new definition of what is now thought true about God, opinions
can change they can do that with the wind from time to time, truth not so much.

Holding views that were once accepted and now rejected is having changing views,
that is the definition of changing views when one changes their view.