1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 05:19
    @kellyjay said
    Gee wiz dive what do you mean when you say Christian, how do you define that word?
    Exactly the same way you do.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 05:22
    @kellyjay said
    And then God disappeared from the universe and you were not.
    He is one of the people you believe can “fall away” from the faith but refuse to acknowledge that he ever had faith because you don’t like the idea that FMF knows as much as you about being in the Christian faith because it doesn’t suit your forum angle.

This judgmental smallness by you is repellent and demeans you and your own faith.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 12:31
    @divegeester said
    He is one of the people you believe can “fall away” from the faith but refuse to acknowledge that he ever had faith because you don’t like the idea that FMF knows as much as you about being in the Christian faith because it doesn’t suit your forum angle.

This judgmental smallness by you is repellent and demeans you and your own faith.
    I acknowledge exactly what he says he left a faith, a belief system. I also accept that he is what he claims to be an Atheist. If God to him now doesn’t exist in his opinion than only in his opinion was God ever real, the only thing that changed for him was his opinion, it is the truth he says we all share now. Nothing else changed just his opinion.

God being our creator, sustainer, redeemer, our very reason to be is not a reality for him only a topic from other points of view.

Denying Christ came in the flesh, unfaithful to our creator is cause for concern, do you believe that, or it matters not in your opinion?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 12:48
    @kellyjay said
    If God to him now doesn’t exist in his opinion than only in his opinion was God ever real, the only thing that changed for him was his opinion, it is the truth he says we all share now. Nothing else changed just his opinion.
    So, in your opinion I was RIGHT to believe the Christian God was real and that He was "in" me for 25+ years? From your point of view, I "knew" who Jesus really was?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 13:181 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I acknowledge exactly what he says he left a faith, a belief system.
    Christian’s Faith isn’t a belief system as you well know.

You’re being very disingenuous again kellyjay.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 13:21
    @fmf said
    So, in your opinion I was RIGHT to believe the Christian God was real and that He was "in" me for 25+ years? From your point of view, I "knew" who Jesus really was?
    You could have had correct beliefs all without Christ as a reality in your life, which what I have been saying for years.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 13:58
    @kellyjay said
    You could have had correct beliefs all without Christ as a reality in your life, which what I have been saying for years.
    Christ was a "reality in my life" in the same way as you believe he is a "reality in [your] life".
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 16:42
    @divegeester said
    Exactly the same way you do.
    Good explanation please let’s confirm that!
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 16:52
    @fmf said
    Christ was a "reality in my life" in the same way as you believe he is a "reality in [your] life".
    That sounds good but not what I have been saying, it is consistently what you have alleged. What I believe and what you believe may be similar, our experience separates us. The Lord has seen us through many good and bad times, what you had you rejected at something that is none of my business. Not much of a eternal God experience in your life if you could renounce Him altogether.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 20:48
    @kellyjay said
    Good explanation please let’s confirm that!
    You asked “how do I (me) define Christian”

I replied that I define it the same way you do.

But you seem a bit lost now.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 22:54
    @divegeester said
    You asked “how do I (me) define Christian”

I replied that I define it the same way you do.

But you seem a bit lost now.
    I know what I believe but don’t assume I know what you believe. You presumed to know what I believe even as we have had many disagreements in the past. So spell out your beliefs what makes one a Christian and if there is a correct definition does that mean there are also ways to get it wrong.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 23:20
    @fmf said
    Well we are all witnesses we are either testifying to truth or falsehood even with Jesus it could of been said He was simply offering an opinion. He came to testify to the truth. Your opinion about all truth being an opinion simply degrades it all to personal viewpoints with not one being more accurate or important than the next.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 01:49
    @kellyjay said
    The Lord has seen us through many good and bad times, what you had you rejected at something that is none of my business.
    I also believed that it was my faith in "the Lord" that was seeing me through "many good and bad times". That was exactly my experience too.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 01:52
    @kellyjay said
    Not much of a eternal God experience in your life if you could renounce Him altogether.
    How impressed or unimpressed you happen to be now in 2022 about my faith in the past doesn't alter the reality of my life 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 or 45 years ago.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 01:57
    @kellyjay said
    Your opinion about all truth being an opinion simply degrades it all to personal viewpoints with not one being more accurate or important than the next.
    Your religious beliefs ARE just an elaborate set of personal viewpoints. I am not disputing how accurate your descriptions of the effect of faith had on you, nor am I disputing how important the effect your faith had on you was [and is] in your life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree