Meat Eating

Meat Eating

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Sep 20

@rajk999 said

If you are waiting and hoping for me to condemn a bible teaching, you will be disappointed.
Genesis 19:36

'So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.'

When the bible was written this was accepted practice. Today it is called incest.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 20
1 edit

@neilarini said
Genesis 19:36

'So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.'

When the bible was written this was accepted practice. Today it is called incest.
Sounds like you want to try some incest [this is not the first time you raised this point]. Go right ahead. Try some gay sex too while you at it. You dont need permission. This is a Spirituality Forum, where we discuss matters of a religious or spiritual nature. Your personal choices [or mine for that matter] is of no importance.

Moves
17 Sep 20

@rajk999 said
Sounds like you want to try some incest [this is not the first time you raised this point]. Go right ahead. Try some gay sex too while you at it. You dont need permission. This is a Spirituality Forum, where we discuss matters of a religious or spiritual nature. Your personal choices [or mine for that matter] is of no importance.
It's the second time I've raised the point and it's the second time you've ignored it.

The point being that the bible condemns homosexuality but accepts incest, and that certain Christians such as yourself are homophobic but ignore the issue of incest.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 20
1 edit

@neilarini said
It's the second time I've raised the point and it's the second time you've ignored it.

The point being that the bible condemns homosexuality but accepts incest, and that certain Christians such as yourself are homophobic but ignore the issue of incest.
Homoph .... what ??? To be honest, I dont know, neither do I care what the word 'homophobic' means. It must be some new word designed to give gay people some kind of false comfort... either way I dont care. As far as God is concerned homosexuality is a sin. Now if you are an atheist what the hell do you care about what God says. Just proceed along your merry way and do whatever you like.

I ignored your comment both times because nowhere in the Bible would you find that God accepts incest. That statement just demonstrates that you are an ignorant fool. Please provide a reference where God supports incest if you are correct. Gods laws to the Jews are written in the Law of Moses. Show me your reference.

In the case of Lot, the bible simply described what happened after the destruction of Sodom. As an example, David committing murder and adultery in no way means that God accepts murder and adultery.

IP

Moves
17 Sep 20

@rajk999 said
Homoph .... what ??? To be honest, I dont know, neither do I care what the word 'homophobic' means. It must be some new word designed to give gay people some kind of false comfort... either way I dont care. As far as God is concerned homosexuality is a sin. Now if you are an atheist what the hell do you care about what God says. Just proceed along your merry way and do ...[text shortened]... example, David committing murder and adultery in no way means that God accepts murder and adultery.
Well, whatever else your mean - spirited little god does he certainly accepts murder, in fact according to you he instructs it.

So you have no opinion as to whether the stoning to death of homosexuals is good or bad. Let everyone remember this when reading comments or opinions by rajk999.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Sep 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Your ignorance on this part of scripture is genuinely astounding.

I can only suggest you re-visit it in context. You are missing the important underlying message. (Just as you missed the core role altruism has in Christianity).
Unfortunately you are mistaken.

I can only suggest you get your books out again and revisit what you were taught on your religion course.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Sep 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There are 2 key points here you really need to think about:

1. I have already provided biblical support showing man was originally created as a non meat eater and that God only gave permission to eat meat after the flood when man had become more like the animals and less in His divine image. - As God originally intended for humans to be vegetarian it is not unreaso ...[text shortened]... ism. As a Christian it is incumbent upon you to emulate this altruism, not deny such a thing exists.
There is one key point here you really need to think about:

I’ve just given you a New Covenant scripture which shows you are wrong about the Christian God’s attitude to eating meat.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
17 Sep 20

@divegeester said

I’ve just given you a New Covenant scripture which shows you are wrong about the Christian God’s attitude to eating meat.
I have already stated that modern-day Christians have God's consent to eat meat. That isn't the issue.

God's 'original intent' was for man to be vegetarian and I have given you biblical passages that support this. This is pertinent as it shows man, in God's image, didn't eat meat. It is only when we moved away from God and became more like other animals that God gave His consent.

Not sure why you're not understanding that.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
17 Sep 20

@divegeester said

Same as he doesn’t hold your personal views on the emotional and moral premise presented by the word “altruism”.
Seeing as it was yourself who played the altruism card, why not grab the nettle and address the elephant in the room.

In your confident assertion that altruism doesn't exist, are you saying as a Christian, that Christ's act of atonement for the sins of humanity wasn't an act of altruism? Is that really your position?!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Sep 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I have already stated that modern-day Christians have God's consent to eat meat. That isn't the issue.

God's 'original intent' was for man to be vegetarian and I have given you biblical passages that support this. This is pertinent as it shows man, in God's image, didn't eat meat. It is only when we moved away from God and became more like other animals that God gave His consent.

Not sure why you're not understanding that.
There is no indication in genesis that humans ate anything for nutritional sustenance; the fruit of the tree (all the mentioned trees) of the knowledge of good an evil obviously being symbolic. So no there is no scripture supporting your claim that God’s intent was that man should be vegetarian. Perhaps that was the intent but there is no actual evidence of it, just supposition and conjecture based on your prior assumptions.

What there is evidence of is that God intended Christians to be permitted to eat meat. As you correctly point out.

I’m not sure why you’re not understanding this...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Sep 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Seeing as it was yourself who played the altruism card, why not grab the nettle and address the elephant in the room.

In your confident assertion that altruism doesn't exist, are you saying as a Christian, that Christ's act of atonement for the sins of humanity wasn't an act of altruism? Is that really your position?!
What “ elephant“? What “room”?

I’ve already told you in detail what I think, have you forgotten?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 20
1 edit

@indonesia-phil said
Well, whatever else your mean - spirited little god does he certainly accepts murder, in fact according to you he instructs it.

So you have no opinion as to whether the stoning to death of homosexuals is good or bad. Let everyone remember this when reading comments or opinions by rajk999.
Stoning of homosexuals was good for the Jews in the time of Moses. Now under the law of Christ I do not think it is appropriate, since Jesus intended that people leave the judgment of sin, to him at the appointed time.

Im not here to look for friends or to accumulate thumbs up. Your day will come when you will have to account for your insulting comments about God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 20

@divegeester said

You are missing the point. The only place one can find what is God's ideal for mankind is in the Garden of Eden, before the fall of man. All the references to eating in this period have nothing about meat being an option. According to the prophets man will revert to this vegetarian state in the Kingdom of God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 20
2 edits

@rajk999 said
You are missing the point. The only place one can find what is God's ideal for mankind is in the Garden of Eden, before the fall of man. All the references to eating in this period have nothing about meat being an option. According to the prophets man will revert to this vegetarian state in the Kingdom of God.
II’m not missing any point, in fact you are missing mine which is that there are no references to Adam and Eve eating anything at all for nourishment in the garden of Eden.

The trees mentioned in the garden aren’t bearing food, they are spiritual metaphors. There is no evidence of mankind eating anything at all pre fall.

The only evidence there is at all in the bible of God’s intentions regarding food for nourishment, is god giving the Hebrews the food laws and commanding Peter to “go kill and eat”. The former are remedial and the latter, while representing a wide release from the old covenant does still specify food.

Everything else is conjecture and inference.

IP

Moves
18 Sep 20

@rajk999 said
Stoning of homosexuals was good for the Jews in the time of Moses. Now under the law of Christ I do not think it is appropriate, since Jesus intended that people leave the judgment of sin, to him at the appointed time.

Im not here to look for friends or to accumulate thumbs up. Your day will come when you will have to account for your insulting comments about God.
In what way was the stoning of homosexuals good for the Jews? It wasn't very good for homosexual Jews, was it? What I find extraordinary and sad is that in this day and age there are still people around who regard homosexuality as a sin.
And by the way, the word 'Homophobic' has been a part of common parlance for a long time, where have you been for the last twenty years?