1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 14:40
    @fmf said
    “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.

I apply this 'rule' pretty consistently to all parts of my life.

Immediate family. Extended family. Neighbours. Work colleagues. Students. Clients. Close friends. Other friends. The people connected to the radio station in the UK that I produce shows for. The people I interact with here at RHP. Other online contacts.
    ...[text shortened]... ell. Not everyone reciprocates. But it's a good rule to aspire to, nevertheless.

What about you?
    Because we all see you "consistently applying this rule" to your interactions with other posters in this forum (no, we don't).

I really really doubt you'd much like being treated the way you treat some posters.

Or is it only those you have a file on?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 15:00
    @divegeester said
    The scripture which you have part quoted is Jesus reflecting on Leviticus 19:17-18
    You must not harbour hatred against your brother in your heart. Directly rebuke your neighbor, so that you will not incur guilt on account of him. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against any of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Jesus stated that ...[text shortened]... easy and his burden light.

These ideas are juxtaposed, conflicting and impossible without help.
    I doubt Jesus would ask followers to do the impossible. Maybe you are not understanding Jesus. An illustration of what being a good neighbor is about was given. It does not sound impossible to me at all.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 15:58
    @rajk999 said
    I doubt Jesus would ask followers to do the impossible. Maybe you are not understanding Jesus. An illustration of what being a good neighbor is about was given. It does not sound impossible to me at all.
    Matthew 19:26

Jesus said, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Without God it is impossible to do the good necessary for acceptance.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 17:00
    @secondson said
    Matthew 19:26

Jesus said, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Without God it is impossible to do the good necessary for acceptance.
    Nonsense. Try reading the context. Jesus is saying that it is hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 17:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 18:021 edit
    @rajk999 said
    I do see what you mean, but ”impossible without help” is what I said. And Jesus certainly did ask his followers to what was impossible with out his help, in fact I would suggest that the outworking of good works, obedience of walk and gifts of the spirit are such examples.

Evidence:

John 15:5
    I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing

John 15:4
    Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

John 15:27
    I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 18:081 edit

8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 18:32
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I must have access to a time machine (You know, having just entered the thread).
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 18:49

10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 18:59
    @divegeester said
    I do see what you mean, but ”impossible without help” is what I said. And Jesus certainly did ask his followers to what was impossible with out his help, in fact I would suggest that the outworking of good works, obedience of walk and gifts of the spirit are such examples.

Evidence:

John 15:5
    I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I ...[text shortened]... des in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
    The 'help' is the words, teachings and commandments of Christ. That is the only help people get. Jesus explained in that very chapter a few verses down, that to abide in Him is to keep His words and commandments

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    (John 15:7-10 KJV)
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 19:041 edit

12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 19:22
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Hey, Christ. How's it going?
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 23:21
    @rajk999 said
    Nonsense. Try reading the context. Jesus is saying that it is hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.
    If Jesus doesn't open the door you won't get into the Kingdom of God, and He won't open the door if there's sin in you, and it's impossible for you to get the sin out by doing good works.

If you think you'll get in because of your good works you'll hear Jesus say "depart from me", because only the blood of Christ can cleanse you of your sin and make you fit for His Kingdom.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 00:091 edit
    @secondson said
    If Jesus doesn't open the door you won't get into the Kingdom of God, and He won't open the door if there's sin in you, and it's impossible for you to get the sin out by doing good works.

If you think you'll get in because of your good works you'll hear Jesus say "depart from me", because only the blood of Christ can cleanse you of your sin and make you fit for His Kingdom.
    Church gibberish. Jesus said that HE is the one knocking and it is up to people to open the door.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20 KJV)

Opening the door is an indication that the person has decided to live a life of good works and righteousness. If the person does that then Jesus abides with that person

... If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (John 14:23-24 KJV)

The critical thing is the keeping of the commandments of Christ aka good works and righteous living. Paul stated this many times to these born again Christian Saints in Christ that failure to keep the commandments is the road to damnation even though they professed Christ were washed by the blood of Christ.

Your church doctrine misleads the ignorant and the gullible, and leads to death.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 00:32
    @rajk999 said
    It is also the case, though, that we recognize that many of us will sin and will not attain perfection.

For it is said in Romans 3:23:

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree