Lack of accurate knowledge....

Lack of accurate knowledge....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Jun 20

@galveston75 said
"That doesn't seem very substantial seeing as you have been given a doctored version of the Bible by your organization. So, you talk about the word for God that's in that doctored Bible. So what?"

So what? That is exactly the answer I'd expect you to give to the T.
Yes my friend you clearly don't get it!
But I absolutely do "get" the kind of poster you are. I can recall what seem like dozens and dozens of occasions you have come here to start threads and talk about how your special JW Bible uses the word "Jehovah" in a way that regular Christian Bibles don't, and how JWs using the word "Jehovah" in this way - because it's in their special JW Bible - makes them "right" and all other Christians "wrong" or "spiritually inept" etc. But I can scarcely ever recall you preaching anything based on the Sermon on the Mount, for example.

F

Moves
27 Jun 20

@galveston75 said
I don't know the religion of anyone here. But I'm sure that if they are of a Christian religion, not a JW, they have idols in their worship.
What idols [do you claim they "worship"] for example?

F

Moves
27 Jun 20

@galveston75 said
I don't know the religion of anyone here.
After twelve years of discussing Christianity with Christians here on this forum, you say you "don't know the religion of anyone here"? Isn't that a bit odd?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 20

@galveston75 said
Jer 10:23 "I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him.
It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

There are still a couple regular posters here, to say it clearly, have a serious lack of Accurate Knowledge of the bible. But yet they consistently argue that they think they know or grasp it or to the other extreme do nothing ...[text shortened]... to live in a paradise earth that Jesus taught about in the near future that they cannot comprehend.
Lack of accurate knowledge is nothing. Paul said

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:2 KJV)

Here Paul recognizes that knowledge and understanding of all things is nothing compared with charity or charitable / brotherly love. Love trumps everything. Paul later down in the same chapter admitted that he sees through a glass darkly, meaning that he does not, or can not know everything, neither can he have accurate knowledge, in this life, and that all will be revealed later on at some point when God is ready.

Jehovah Witnesses arrogantly promote the idea that they know more that everyone else and this 'knowledge' makes them Gods chosen people, and Gods mouthpiece leading them to make hundreds of embarrassingly false prophecies.

Gods chosen people are the ones who are counted worthy to enter the Kingdom of God. Who these people are, is clearly stated in Matt 25, in Revelation, and all over the writings of the Apostles ; they are those who keep the commandments of Christ.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 20

@fmf said
So, "Yes"? Yes, you use a customized version of the Bible not endorsed by the vast majority of Bible scholars? Your answer was "yes"?
We are not here to please bible scholars or get their approval. Our concern is to please Jehovah and follow his commands. By his spirit he has directed us to make the needed changes to correct mistakes or to take out words or statements that do not line up with truths in the bible.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@galveston75

Okay, let's begin. As a Jehovah's Witness, you elevate such biblical texts as Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:10, and Acts 15:28-15:29 to justify why receiving blood is 'not' permitted (due to it representing life and being sacred to God). But why then do you ignore such texts as Mark 17:18:

"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name th ...[text shortened]... ood is telling you to drink poison and pick up snakes, to prove your faith, why aren't you doing so?
Thanks for your post. Let me ask you this... Do you know who was speaking here and to whom it was directed at and why he said that they were to do these things?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 20

@rajk999 said
Lack of accurate knowledge is nothing. Paul said

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:2 KJV)

Here Paul recognizes that knowledge and understanding of all things is nothing compared with charity or ...[text shortened]... ion, and all over the writings of the Apostles ; they are those who keep the commandments of Christ.
Lol. Ok.. Sorry but you can't pick and choose what makes you feel good. You have to be complete and accurate knowledge is the way to know that what your doing is acceptable to Jehovah.
To be able to teach would best be done by one who teaches a subject correctly, don't you think?
To survive the destruction of wicked ones or just ungodly people at Armageddon would be best done buy knowledge to know what Jehovah ask of us and explains to us on how to survive that day.
Just doing charity work or saying I love you to another isn't only what the bible says.... If you really think that, you might as well just tear out the pages you like and throw away the rest of it...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 20

@fmf said
After twelve years of discussing Christianity with Christians here on this forum, you say you "don't know the religion of anyone here"? Isn't that a bit odd?
Nope. Ones have to let you know and no one has offered that info....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 20

@fmf said
What idols [do you claim they "worship"] for example?
Really? Have you not looked into a church before? Are you familiar with the Catholic religion? Never heard of it?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 20
2 edits

@galveston75 said
Thanks for your post. Let me ask you this... Do you know who was speaking here and to whom it was directed at and why he said that they were to do these things?
Lol. Ok.. Sorry but you can't pick and choose what makes you feel good. You have to be complete and accurate knowledge is the way to know that what your doing is acceptable to Jehovah.

Moves
27 Jun 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
I do.

Impress me with your differentiation. From the outside looking in, it appears you are cherrypicking biblical passages.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 20

@galveston75 said
To be able to teach would best be done by one who teaches a subject correctly, don't you think?
To survive the destruction of wicked ones or just ungodly people at Armageddon would be ...[text shortened]... ally think that, you might as well just tear out the pages you like and throw away the rest of it...
Jesus is the authority. In Matt 25 Jesus spake at length on those who are welcomed into the Kingdom of God, and they are the charitable people. The people who claim they have accurate knowledge are cast out.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 20

@rajk999 said
Jesus is the authority. In Matt 25 Jesus spake at length on those who are welcomed into the Kingdom of God, and they are the charitable people. The people who claim they have accurate knowledge are cast out.
Yeah right... So the knowledge you have is not accurate then?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I do.

Impress me with your differentiation. From the outside looking in, it appears you are cherrypicking biblical passages.
I'm not here to impress you. If that is what your looking for this is not where you'll get that.
But do you understand the purpose of those gifts that were given to those few men? Only a few men were given those gifts as those scriptures you quoted. Those gifts or abilities were not something all of Jesus followers could do. So sticking with those scriptures and with a little more research with other scriptures those gifts are abilities ended with their deaths.
Nothing in the bible says anyone else after they died would be able to do those actions "that were his people."
But here in Matt it says this:
Matt 7:15-23: “Be on the watch for the false prophets . . . Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works [“miracles,” JB, NE, TEV] in your name?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”
So the point is true followers of Jesus would no longer have those abilities but with the help of Satan some humans will profess they can. And we are not foolish enough to try any of those things.
But we follow the bible to it's every word. It's clearly says to "abstain" from blood. That word means only 1 thing and that is what we do.
If you would like more info on this subject, please look here for all the info you could ever dream of.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200270862

Moves
27 Jun 20

@galveston75 said
Lol. Ok..
4th “lol”