1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 00:511 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Perhaps your faith died and became like the plant that soon withered and died along side the road because the dirt was no good and that caused you to turn your back on Jehovah.
    I knew I had lost my Christian faith when I realized I longer found the Bible a credible source to support the claims Christians make about God, about the identity and significance of Jesus, and the claims they make about themselves stemming from their belief in Jesus.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 02:21
    @galveston75 said
    I can't change ones spiritual dumbness can I? I just get tired of your spouting off with things you have no clue of understanding and then trying to make others look like we are the fools. I have to leave sometimes to change my boots as the poop gets too deep...
    You appear to be immature and petulant, you lack tolerance for other people and their beliefs and you pour scorn every time you post.

Your regular flouncing off has nothing to do with other people’s “poop” as you call it, and more to do with your own lack of spirituality, lack of patience and lack of a sincere interest in other people.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 02:231 edit
    @galveston75 said
    First tell me exactly what hell is according to the bible, not your idea and maybe I'll comment.
    The thread is there waiting for you, as and when and if you feel capable of contributing in a way which adds value and without sneering.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 12:54
    @galveston75 said
    2 Tim 3:7 "always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

Rom 10:2 "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge."

1 Tim 2:4 "whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth."
    In my Bible, none of these verses contain the word "accurate".

One can only observe that this reading into scripture and adding what is not there is only endemic to the JW's freelanced "Bible".
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 13:06
    @divegeester said
    The thread is there waiting for you, as and when and if you feel capable of contributing in a way which adds value and without sneering.
    So you can't explain what hell is, right? Here was your chance to prove you know something about the bible and as usual you flake out.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 14:09
    @suzianne said
    In my Bible, none of these verses contain the word "accurate".

One can only observe that this reading into scripture and adding what is not there is only endemic to the JW's freelanced "Bible".
    Just a couple thoughts on why the word accurate would fit and with it's meaning, was used in these scriptures...

"Romans 10:2 - For I testify about... - Verse-by-Verse ...
    www.studylight.org/commentary/romans/10-2.html
    Romans 10:2. For I bear them witness. The reason for his desire and prayer is the fact to which he now bears his testimony. They have a seal for God, i.e., of which God is the object, not great zeal, or, godly zeal. Their zeal was religious, conscientious, but misdirected. But not according to knowledge. The word often means full knowledge, and is here used to denote correct, vital knowledge."

"Romans 10:2 Commentaries: For I testify about them that ...
    biblehub.com/commentaries/romans/10-2.htm
    (2) A zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. —It would be difficult to find a more happy description of the state of the Jews at this period. They had “a zeal for God.” “The Jew,” said Josephus, “knows the Law better than his own name... The sacred rules were punctually observed..."

So what is the real point here not only in Romans but as well as the other two scriptures I posted? And accurate may not be in most bibles but it's the urgency that the word accurate is showing to us all. There are millions on this planet that have knowledge of some degree of the bible. But that is not good enough according to many scriptures in the Bible.
    What word would you like to see replacing the word accurate which does impress to know all you can and know it with truth?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 14:27
    @galveston75 said
    So you can't explain what hell is, right? Here was your chance to prove you know something about the bible and as usual you flake out.
    Start a thread on it or rely in my existing thread about it.

This is great return for by you; I predict about 2 weeks before you implode in a fit of cultish self importance and disappear in a puff of superior religiosity.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 14:29
    @galveston75 said
    Just a couple thoughts on why the word accurate would fit and with it's meaning, was used in these scriptures...

"Romans 10:2 - For I testify about... - Verse-by-Verse ...
    www.studylight.org/commentary/romans/10-2.html
    Romans 10:2. For I bear them witness. The reason for his desire and prayer is the fact to which he now bears his testimony. They have a seal for God, ...[text shortened]... ke to see replacing the word accurate which does impress to know all you can and know it with truth?
    Why did you capitalise it? You e been asked several times.

I expect you’ve had a JW corporate lecture on it and are now all pumped up and here to help us poor shmucks realise the error of our ways.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 14:55
    @divegeester said
    Why did you capitalise it? You e been asked several times.

I expect you’ve had a JW corporate lecture on it and are now all pumped up and here to help us poor shmucks realise the error of our ways.
    So the subject must be too deep for you? Must be as you fail again in comprehending it and have to distract the spiritual aspect of the post.
    But to humor you I capitalized it to simply impress the importance of it which you seemed to miss.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 15:00
    @galveston75 said
    So the subject must be too deep for you? Must be as you fail again in comprehending it and have to distract the spiritual aspect of the post.
    But to humor you I capitalized it to simply impress the importance of it which you seemed to miss.
    He's not here for a serious discussion, only to rile people up.

Might as well stop bashing your head against the wall when it comes to that one.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 15:04
    @galveston75 said
    So you can't explain what hell is, right?
    There is a current thread about what "Hell" is here: Thread 185946
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 16:56
    @galveston75 said
    I’m not moved by your childish taunts Galveston75, there is a thread on the subject started by myself, it’s there for you to post in anything you feel you have the intellectual balls to do so.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 16:57
    @galveston75 said
    So a bit like sonship when he highlights the importance of the erroneous doctrine of the trinity by capitalising it this “Holy Trinity.”

Also an error, right?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 17:03
    @divegeester said
    So a bit like sonship when he highlights the importance of the erroneous doctrine of the trinity by capitalising it this “Holy Trinity.”

Also an error, right?
    Whatever tickles your fancy.......

Someday when you grow up and want a serious discussion let me know.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 17:05
    @fmf said
    There is a current thread about what "Hell" is here: Thread 185946
    I know it's there. Just trying to get like a 10 word answer because that would about sum it up but he has no clue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree