1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Jun '20 19:49
    Jer 10:23 "I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him.
    It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

There are still a couple regular posters here, to say it clearly, have a serious lack of Accurate Knowledge of the bible. But yet they consistently argue that they think they know or grasp it or to the other extreme do nothing but post "their confused opinions" which in turn belittle the truths and facts of the bible into mere ideas of men and nothing more.
    The bible was given to us for a very clear reason, not to casually look at and form our own ideas and beliefs which are not from God.
    Jehovah purposely had it written in such a way that one cannot grasp many things spoken in the Bible without Jehovah's help. This is where a much needed humble heart comes into play that Jesus called "sheep like ones". Goat like people cannot be taught.
    On one hand it's so sad to see the foolishness posted here by these regular and very spiritually inept posters who only care about their tiny little thoughts and keep trying to influence others into following them and for what it's worth, to do nothing about what the bible shows one has to do to live in a paradise earth that Jesus taught about in the near future that they cannot comprehend.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Jun '20 21:48
    2 Tim 3:7 "always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

Rom 10:2 "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge."

1 Tim 2:4 "whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth."
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '20 21:52
    Rock up
    Pour out prideful scorn on non members of your cult
    Get challenged
    “LOL” at people a few times
    Get picked up for lack of intellectual integrity
    Defend child sexual abuse in your cult
    Flounce off in feigned righteous indignation

Rinse and Repeat...
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Jun '20 22:05
    @divegeester said
    Rock up
    Pour out prideful scorn on non members of your cult
    Get challenged
    “LOL” at people a few times
    Get picked up for lack of intellectual integrity
    Defend child sexual abuse in your cult
    Flounce off in feigned righteous indignation

Rinse and Repeat...
    Lol. Yes I see your massive amount of biblical knowledge is sputtering out of your mouth again. Putter,putter,putter!!!!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '20 22:30
    @galveston75 said
    There are still a couple regular posters here, to say it clearly, have a serious lack of Accurate Knowledge of the bible.
    What does your capitalization of the common noun "knowledge" and the adejective "accurate" denote exactly? What does "Accurate Knowledge", with a capital A and capital K mean that the lower case "accurate knowledge" doesn't mean?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 01:01
    Is this really a serious question? Really?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 01:29
    @galveston75 said
    Is this really a serious question? Really?
    Yes. I am asking you. Or do you simply not know why you used incorrect grammar? What does "Accurate Knowledge", with a capital A and capital K mean that the lower case "accurate knowledge" doesn't mean? If you are - in fact - a semi-literate bumpkin, unable to write properly, then it does colour the validity of all the doctrine that you regurgitate. I mean, do you even understand or have any legitimate "knowledge" about the stuff you come here to recite? Yes, it was a serious question.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 01:331 edit
    @galveston75 said
    On one hand it's so sad to see the foolishness posted here by these regular and very spiritually inept posters who only care about their tiny little thoughts and keep trying to influence others into following them and for what it's worth, to do nothing about what the bible shows one has to do to live in a paradise earth that Jesus taught about in the near future that they cannot comprehend.
    Perhaps it is you who is posting "foolishness" and who is "very spiritually inept". And perhaps it is you who has "tiny little thoughts". You rocking up here from time to time as if you are not these things and, as if typing "Jer 10:23" somehow establishes that you are not foolish, inept and the thinker of "tiny little thoughts", is intellectually weak and - in terms of misanthropy and mean-spiritedness - interpersonally ludicrous.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 01:36
    Something interesting to consider...

St. Peter of Damascus and others imply that, to get proper discernment of the meaning of the Bible, one must also be dispassionate.

Being dispassionate means that one has fulfilled a number of important morals...

In a sense, understanding the Bible in its proper context can only really be done by people who are living a life in accordance with the Bible, and have some connection to it beyond the mere words on the page.

Of course, one can still analyze it, and nobody should be prevented from reading it, but just as how people who hate Communism come up with biased interpretations of Communism, people who are out to undercut the Bible will often come to improper conclusions, just as how people who are not acting in good morals will perahps twist the meaning of certain Biblical passages to suit their tastes.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 06:041 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Lol. Yes I see your massive amount of biblical knowledge is sputtering out of your mouth again. Putter,putter,putter!!!!
    And there’s the first “Lol” and another spoonful of scorn at someone who doesn’t see life through the pinhole perspective of your religious cult.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 12:08
    @divegeester said
    And there’s the first “Lol” and another spoonful of scorn at someone who doesn’t see life through the pinhole perspective of your religious cult.
    You can call us whatever you want. I don't care. But the scriptures you posted here, I'm yet to hear an explanation from you. And I know we will not get one.
    But you can take any teenager of JW's and they will very clearly and with any detail or references you would like and they would be able to explain anything from the book of Revelation to you my poor friend.
    Give it a try the next time you see a younger JW out in your neighborhood doing what you should be doing, the teaching work Jesus told us to do. Oh wait though, you wouldn't be able to as you have no idea what accurate knowledge is and you don't want to look foolish at someones front door..... Right?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 12:09
    @philokalia said
    Something interesting to consider...

St. Peter of Damascus and others imply that, to get proper discernment of the meaning of the Bible, one must also be dispassionate.

Being dispassionate means that one has fulfilled a number of important morals...

In a sense, understanding the Bible in its proper context can only really be done by people who are living a life ...[text shortened]... ing in good morals will perahps twist the meaning of certain Biblical passages to suit their tastes.
    Good stuff.....
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 12:12
    @fmf said
    Perhaps it is you who is posting "foolishness" and who is "very spiritually inept". And perhaps it is you who has "tiny little thoughts". You rocking up here from time to time as if you are not these things and, as if typing "Jer 10:23" somehow establishes that you are not foolish, inept and the thinker of "tiny little thoughts", is intellectually weak and - in terms of misanthropy and mean-spiritedness - interpersonally ludicrous.
    Nope, not me. Sorry but I will never turn my back on God's word which is what you've done because you like your opinions more then what God says.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 12:391 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Nope, not me. Sorry but I will never turn my back on God's word which is what you've done because you like your opinions more then what God says.
    I don't find the God figure you believe in credible. Same goes for what you claim about "what God says". I don't think you have any worthwhile or insightful information about any creator being, if there is one. I dont see myself as having "turned [my] back on" anyone or anything real; I just realized that I had lost my faith and I was simply honest with myself about it. If your faith gives you solace and purpose and camaraderie, good for you.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '20 15:05
    @galveston75 said
    You can call us whatever you want. I don't care. But the scriptures you posted here, I'm yet to hear an explanation from you. And I know we will not get one.
    I haven’t posted any scriptures, what are you on about?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree