1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 13:32
    @suzianne said
    We are charged with praying for them and doing what we can to provide aid to the victims. In this case, being some 12,000 miles away means one way to help provide aid is to perhaps donate to operations on the ground like the International Red Cross.
    You need BOTH bible lessons and geography lessons.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 10:27
    @rajk999 said
    You need BOTH bible lessons and geography lessons.
    Thanks for the condescension. Perhaps you need lessons on 'acting human'.

I shouldn't have to defend my numbers, but the distance was a back-of-the-envelope guess. Assuming the other side of the world, and the world is 25000 miles in circumference, a decent guess is 12000 miles. Turns out it's more like 9300 miles. Sue me.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 10:34
    @suzianne said

I shouldn't have to defend my numbers, but the distance was a back-of-the-envelope guess. Assuming the other side of the world, and the world is 25000 miles in circumference, a decent guess is 12000 miles. Turns out it's more like 9300 miles. Sue me.
    What element of "love" would there be in your prayers for the perpetrators?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 11:22
    @suzianne said

Rather that sue you I would happily teach you both bible and geography. But you are not the learning type. A little common sense would tell you that the shortest distance between two countries in the northern hemisphere is not around the earth but over the arctic.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 17:58
    @fmf said
    More than 138 people have been killed and more than 400 injured after coordinated bomb blasts hit a number of high-end hotels and churches across Sri Lanka on Sunday morning. - CNN

How does the principle of "Love your enemies"' ~ for those who subscribe to it as a moral imperative ~ deal with or withstand atrocities like the one in Sri Lanka this morning?
    I don't really understand the concept of loving one's enemies or how to do it,

However I think to explore this concept effectively requires a generic frame of reference rather than a specific one.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 19:491 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 19:521 edit

8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 19:542 edits
    @fmf said
    What element of "love" would there be in your prayers for the perpetrators?
    This is a 'joke' question, right?

You always act as if you were never Christian, and yet you are still surprised when people question your claim. It's questions like this, and indeed, this thread, that make people question your claim.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 20:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    My point being that, 12000 miles or 9500 miles, it's not 'next door'. It's impractical to go there myself to aid them, and so must rely on other agencies who DO 'go there'.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 20:10
    @rajk999 said
    Rather that sue you I would happily teach you both bible and geography. But you are not the learning type. A little common sense would tell you that the shortest distance between two countries in the northern hemisphere is not around the earth but over the arctic.
    Rather than dwell on unimportant details, I'd rather you paid more attention to the meat of my statement, instead of using it as some kind of 'teaching moment' for your misogyny.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 22:14

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 22:16

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree