Knocking the faith out of other people

Knocking the faith out of other people

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
And if I don't, that's "evidence" of something?
You questioned whether the whereabouts of all religious leaders were known.

Did your Google search disappoint you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@medullah removed their quoted post
<<So does the pope>>

You sure about this?

And to what degree he does it genuinely and sincerely and not by rote?

F

Moves
21 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
You questioned whether the whereabouts of all religious leaders were known.
Yes. And I don't think you asking me that question demonstrates anything. The idea that the whereabouts of the burial places of "all religious leaders" from 2,000 years ago is somehow known is ludicrous. You declaring that the whereabouts of "all" of them is not "evidence" of anything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
Yes. And I don't think you asking me that question demonstrates anything. The idea that the whereabouts of the burial places of "all religious leaders" from 2,000 years ago is ludicrous. You declaring that the whereabouts of "all" of them is not "evidence" of anything.
Where are the whereabouts of Jesus Christ’s remains?

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
No one knows. The fact that no one knows is not "evidence" of anything.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Where are the whereabouts of Chris Witterbottom's remains from Bradford?

As there is no sign of them, shall we assume he was resurrected? Are his missing remains evidence of this?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
I think you’re a sick guy and I don’t buy for a second that you’re a Christian. Not the way you behave - provoking and attacking people and then playing the victim and running to the site admins.

Pretty sad.
You clearly have problems building relationships, especially with people who you have any sort of conflict with.

I think my assessment of you above (page 3) is pretty much spot on, and for that I confess to feeling a modicum of sympathy. It can’t have been easy growing up disliked with few or no friends, and those you had took advantage you and got you involved with stuff you would be better out of.

Perhaps the community here should take you under its wing and offer you friendship and love… but unfortunately you are just too dislikable.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
No one knows. The fact that no one knows is not "evidence" of anything.
Sure it is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Where are the whereabouts of Chris Witterbottom's remains from Bradford?

As there is no sign of them, shall we assume he was resurrected? Are his missing remains evidence of this?
Did many people - within days of Chris Witterbottom being entombed - want to find his body?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@divegeester said
You clearly have problems building relationships, especially with people who you have any sort of conflict with.

I think my assessment of you above (page 3) is pretty much spot on, and for that I confess to feeling a modicum of sympathy. It can’t have been easy growing up disliked with few or no friends, and those you had took advantage you and got you involved with s ...[text shortened]... you under its wing and offer you friendship and love… but unfortunately you are just too dislikable.
No longer responding to (or even reading) troll posts.

And I can tell after reading a few words if it’s a troll post.

Have a great Friday. Show someone some love ❤️

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
No longer responding to (or even reading) troll posts.
I think I have you pegged.

My advice to you would be to not bring your issues into the forum.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I think I have you pegged.

My advice to you would be to not bring your issues into the forum.
Why don’t you work on your chess?

This is a chess website after all.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Did many people - within days of Chris Witterbottom being entombed - want to find his body?
Yes. There was quite the kerfuffle.

IP

Moves
22 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
Is that your spiritual duty?
No. I've read enough and for me there is enough physical evidence to convince me that we are just the latest in a long line of hominids to have lived on our earth, and that there is nothing particularly special about us, apart from our large, creative and enquiring brains, and our capacity for imagination. We are not even unique in this respect; Neanderthals used to ritually bury their dead.
There's nothing 'wrong' with faith in supernatural entities or belief in an afterlife, whatever gets you through the night, and these things in so different manifestations are common throughout human society all over the world. Where I take issue is when a certain faith or creed declares itself to be the 'one true faith', or declares their god to be the 'one true god'. These things are intellectual trifle, and deserve to be smothered in the custard of distain and dismissal.

Moves
22 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Yes. There was quite the kerfuffle.
But life goes on and we held our BBQ block party as previously scheduled.

Poor Chris, so insufficiently marbled for a man of his age.