JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Oct 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
If God did tell them to do it would it be wrong in your opinion? Only God knows if he did and He will judge will He not?
You've agreed with me that it would be morally justifiable to kill the rapist [in the circumstances discussed]. What "final authority" and "absolute moral truths" do you think back up your moral stance on this matter?

Moves
02 Oct 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I've addressed your use of the word "objectively" before over and over again and in great detail. Refer back to that.
My use of the word is conventional you can look it up in the dictionary. It's quite obvious why you refuse to answer.

Moves
02 Oct 18
1 edit

You've agreed with me that it would be morally justifiable to kill the rapist [in the circumstances discussed]. What "final authority" and "absolute moral truths" do you think back up your moral stance on this matter?
If moral absolutes exist I'm either right or wrong in my assessment. If they don't everyone's 'right' even if they contradict each other since everyone makes up their own rights and wrongs.

F

Moves
02 Oct 18

My use of the word is conventional you can look it up in the dictionary.
I don't need a dictionary to look up the word "objectively".Your use of it to describe your superstitious beliefs does not alter the fact that your moral compass is subjective, as is mine, as is everybody's.

F

Moves
02 Oct 18

If moral absolutes exist I'm either right or wrong in my assessment.
You have suggested killing the rapist [as discussed] would be morally justified. Why would "moral absolutes" make your justification "right"?

Moves
02 Oct 18

I don't need a dictionary to look up the word "objectively".Your use of it to describe your superstitious beliefs does not alter the fact that your moral compass is subjective, as is mine, as is everybody's.
How can it be a fact without being the absolute truth?

F

Moves
02 Oct 18

If moral absolutes exist I'm either right or wrong in my assessment. If they don't everyone's 'right' even if they contradict each other since everyone makes up their own rights and wrongs.
Everybody gets their sense of right and wrong from their environment (nurture) and from nature.

F

Moves
02 Oct 18

How can it be a fact without being the absolute truth?
Your moral compass is a set of subjective perspectives not "absolute truths".

Moves
02 Oct 18

You have suggested killing the rapist [as discussed] would be morally justified. Why would "moral absolutes" make your justification "right"?
God is the absolute that will ultimately judge all actions since he knows the motives of the hearts. If moral absolutes do exist I could be either right or wrong if they don't exist I would be both right and wrong depending on who you asked.

Moves
02 Oct 18

Your moral compass is a set of subjective perspectives not "absolute truths".
If God doesn't exist that would be a fact. But you cannot prove his non-existence so it is not a fact.

F

Moves
02 Oct 18

If God doesn't exist that would be a fact. But you cannot prove his non-existence so it is not a fact.
I am no more trying to prove your god figure exists than you are trying to prove he does. Declaring your moral compass to be "objective" and "absolute truth" because you believe in supernatural beings is about as subjective as you can get.

F

Moves
02 Oct 18

God is the absolute that will ultimately judge all actions since he knows the motives of the hearts. If moral absolutes do exist I could be either right or wrong if they don't exist I would be both right and wrong depending on who you asked.
You said killing the rapist was morally justified. Why?

F

Moves
02 Oct 18

If moral absolutes do exist I could be either right or wrong if they don't exist I would be both right and wrong depending on who you asked.
Why do you think it would be morally right to kill the rapist in the circumstances discussed?

F

Moves
02 Oct 18

God is the absolute that will ultimately judge all actions since he knows the motives of the hearts.
This is a subjective perspective. I have no reason to believe that either of us will be "judged" by a supernatural being. My perspective on this is subjective too.

Moves
02 Oct 18

Everybody gets their sense of right and wrong from their environment (nurture) and from nature.
That doesn’t mean that their environments have automatically taught them the right thing, their sense of right and wrong could still be warped.