JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Sep 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
You are talking disingenuous/uncomprehending nonsense. And your question is based on the gimmick that you are pretending that you haven't read anything I have said to you for over two years.

Here's a question for you about an action we agree on: you have revealed that you believe it would be morally justifiable for you to kill a man who had raped your daug ...[text shortened]... e. What "authority" and "absolute truths" do you think back up your moral stance on this matter?
It is quite obvious why you refuse to answer the question: How can anyone be truly wrong about anything if moral relativism is true?

Moral relativism is based upon the assumption that there are no absolute moral truths which means everyone makes up their own moral truth. Within the context of moral absolutism God is the final authority on what is right and wrong. He has instilled within each of us a moral conscience and given us the ability to reason morally.

F

Moves
27 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
It is quite obvious why you refuse to answer the question: How can anyone be truly wrong about anything if moral relativism is true?
I have answered this and explained my thinking over and over again. Refer back to that.

F

Moves
27 Sep 18

Moral relativism is based upon the assumption that there are no absolute moral truths which means everyone makes up their own moral truth. Within the context of moral absolutism God is the final authority on what is right and wrong. He has instilled within each of us a moral conscience and given us the ability to reason morally.
You claim to use your superstitious notions as a basis for your moral compass and unilaterally declare this to be a set of "absolute moral truths" based on a "final authority" and you call your various personal feelings, opinions and preferences "absolutism". This is all just about as subjective as you could possibly get.

F

Moves
27 Sep 18
1 edit

If you believe that those who disagree with you are wrong in their assessment you cannot be a moral relativist. How can anyone be wrong about anything if moral relativism is true?
From the previous page: Here's a question for you about an action we agree on: you have revealed that you believe it would be morally justifiable for you to kill a man who had raped your daughter if you believed that he was about to make good on his promise to kill your daughter in retaliation for telling people what he'd done.

What "final authority" and "absolute moral truths" do you think back up your moral stance on this matter?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
27 Sep 18

A man murders another man - morally wrong
Same same murders same man because god told him to do it - morally ok

Moral relativism in action.

F

Moves
27 Sep 18

You have no idea what kind of brainwashing occurred at the place...
Do you think - intellectually speaking and interpersonally speaking [in so far as these things are demonstrated on this forum] - that you have recovered from those 20+ years of brainwashing? I don't.

Moves
27 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
A man murders another man - morally wrong
Same same murders same man because god told him to do it - morally ok

Moral relativism in action.
If God did tell them to do it would it be wrong in your opinion? Only God knows if he did and He will judge will He not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Sep 18

everyone gets brainwashed, I came from a devoutly non religious family only went to church for weddings and funerals, my wife on the other hand is a fully paid up member of the RC godsquad , how we made this marriage work for 45 years is beyond me.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
27 Sep 18
1 edit

If God did tell them to do it would it be wrong in your opinion? Only God knows if he did and He will judge will He not?
What I think about it is irrelevant, the juxtaposition stands.

You are wrong.

Moves
27 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
What I think about it is irrelevant, the juxtaposition stands.

You are wrong.
Is the fact that I'm wrong relative or absolute in your mind?

Moves
27 Sep 18

Originally posted by @badradger
everyone gets brainwashed, I came from a devoutly non religious family only went to church for weddings and funerals, my wife on the other hand is a fully paid up member of the RC godsquad , how we made this marriage work for 45 years is beyond me.
Weren't you in prison?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
28 Sep 18
1 edit

Is the fact that I'm wrong relative or absolute in your mind?
That is also irrelevant.

The juxtaposition stands; address it directly if you wish.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Weren't you in prison?
yes I served 5 years in holme house for breaking and entering,recieving stolen goods , pimping , and supplying drugs to minors, but apart from that I am a really nice guy.

Moves
01 Oct 18

Originally posted by @fmf
You are talking disingenuous/uncomprehending nonsense. And your question is based on the gimmick that you are pretending that you haven't read anything I have said to you for over two years.

Here's a question for you about an action we agree on: you have revealed that you believe it would be morally justifiable for you to kill a man who had raped your daug ...[text shortened]... e. What "authority" and "absolute truths" do you think back up your moral stance on this matter?
"If morality really is relative it cannot be objectively wrong for anyone to do as they see fit."

Do you agree or disagree with the above statement?

F

Moves
01 Oct 18

If morality really is relative it cannot be objectively wrong for anyone to do as they see fit.
I've addressed your use of the word "objectively" before over and over again and in great detail. Refer back to that.