Jesus, the 2nd amendment, and AR-15s

Jesus, the 2nd amendment, and AR-15s

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Jun 22
1 edit

Someone on Twitter: Jesus didn’t need an AR-15, how many AR-15s do you think Jesus would’ve had?

Republican US congresswoman [in church]: Well, Jesus didn’t have enough AR-15s to keep the Roman government from killing him.

The congresswoman emphasizes her Christian faith in her political life.

Is there a hypothetical scenario in which Jesus doesn't get executed by the Romans for sedition wherein the Christian God could then take it upon Himself to decide to forgive the "sins" of human beings?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
21 Jun 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Someone on Twitter: Jesus didn’t need an AR-15, how many AR-15s do you think Jesus would’ve had?

Republican US congresswoman [in church]: Well, Jesus didn’t have enough AR-15s to keep the Roman government from killing him.

The congresswoman emphasizes her Christian faith in her political life.

Is there a hypothetical scenario in which Jesus doesn't get executed by the R ...[text shortened]... n the Christian God could then take it upon Himself to decide to forgive the "sins" of human beings?
Is there a hypothetical scenario in which Jesus doesn't get executed by the Romans for sedition wherein the Christian God could then take it upon Himself to decide to forgive the "sins" of human beings?

Lauren Boebert's comments are beyond ridiculous. Jesus could have come down off that cross at any time he wanted or created weapons far more powerful than than an AR-15... or both. Jesus came into this world and freely gave his life as a living sacrifice to atone for the sins of all the world. To suggest Jesus would have anything to do with an AR-15 speaks to this woman's ignorance of even the most elementary teachings of scripture, and her pathetic use of God's inspired word to advance her political career. 🙄

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@mchill
And what about the OP question?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
21 Jun 22
1 edit

@fmf said
@mchill
OK - I'll spell it out for you: Is there a hypothetical scenario in which Jesus doesn't get executed by the Romans for sedition wherein the Christian God could then take it upon Himself to decide to forgive the "sins" of human beings?

Of course, there is. One could also create a thousand variations of that scenario, but it didn't happen that way, and doesn't change the fact that Jesus died as a sacrifice for our sins because he choose to, and because he was the only one qualified to do so.

Got it now?

F

Moves
21 Jun 22
1 edit

@mchill said
One could also create a thousand variations of that scenario, but it didn't happen that way, and doesn't change the fact that Jesus died as a sacrifice for our sins because he choose to, and because he was the only one qualified to do so.
Of course the scriptures tell a particular story - and there is a resulting doctrine rooted in the concept of child sacrifice. That isn't in dispute.

That's why I am asking a hypothetical question. Gosh, I seem to have triggered you. A joined-up answer to a hypothetical question is not...

'No, no! It DID NOT happen in a way that it could have happened in a hypothetical scenario because that would be different from the way it DID happen!

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@mchill said
OK - I'll spell it out for you
I'm not sure you are the right person to be 'spelling out' what the word "hypothetical" means. Thanks for the offer, though.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
21 Jun 22

@fmf said
I'm not sure you are the right person to be 'spelling out' what the word "hypothetical" means. Thanks for the offer, though.
I'm not sure you are the right person to be 'spelling out' what the word "hypothetical" means.

Then why did you ask me?

F

Moves
21 Jun 22
1 edit

@mchill said
Then why did you ask me?
It was YOU who offered to "spell it out" for me, and then you didn't come up with one. Indeed, you don't seem to know how hypothetical questions work.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 22

@fmf said
It was YOU who offered to "spell it out" for me, and then you didn't come up with one. Indeed, you don't seem to know how hypothetical questions work.
Meaningless

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Meaningless
You mean hypothetical questions?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 22

@fmf said
@mchill
F your carefully-crafted OP question.

Allow people to answer it as they see fit.

I see nothing wrong with his answer to your question.

You do this constantly, as does your troll partner. "That's great, randomposter. Now how about answering the question?" is something we see far, FAR too much of here.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 22

@fmf said
Pity that most of your "hypothetical" questions "meant to provoke discussion" aren't, really. Most are ridiculous scenarios to get people to come up with an answer that you want. And it barely matters what they say. You'll just attack it however you think you can. THAT is the reason for 99% of your "hypotheticals".

Why not come up with a question straight out of a Marvel comic book?

There's a difference between "provoking discussion" and opening people up to attack.

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@suzianne said
F your carefully-crafted OP question.
Huh?

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@suzianne said
Pity that most of your "hypothetical" questions "meant to provoke discussion" aren't, really. Most are ridiculous scenarios to get people to come up with an answer that you want. And it barely matters what they say. You'll just attack it however you think you can. THAT is the reason for 99% of your "hypotheticals".
I think this is a mischaracterization of my participation and contribution here.

Moves
23 Jun 22

@suzianne said
There's a difference between "provoking discussion" and opening people up to attack.
You have a very odd perspective of what this forum is about.