1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 13:32
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Atheists have there turn in the spotlight too.

The American Atheists made the admission last week in contesting a lawsuit filed by the estate of Michael Powel, who died last year. Mr. Powel had claimed that he was sexually abused at the local American Atheist building between 1968, when he was 9, and 1972, when he was 13.

The Atheist organization is cont ...[text shortened]... anization.

Atheist child abuse scandal
    http://www.nobeliefs.com/comments13.htm
    If any atheists show up here defending child sex abuse or downplaying it, take it up with them.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 13:37
    Semi-detached and egocentric sonship seemingly unaware of what the issues being discussed actually are or have been in this community, no surprise there.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 15:04
    @FMF

Anywhere I see you participating I know it is your usual function. That is policing the Forum to make sure nobody believes anything too much.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 15:092 edits
    @FMF
    Semi-detached and egocentric sonship seemingly unaware of what the issues being discussed actually are or have been in this community, no surprise there.

What? Your own style bothers you?

How many hundreds of times do you finally show up in a thread to toss in your few invariably little cynical comments?

Maybe several hundred times in a decade?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 16:18
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Anywhere I see you participating I know it is your usual function. That is policing the Forum to make sure nobody believes anything too much.
    You have sidestepped what you are responding to. You are trying to make it about me. The issue is defending the cover up the sexual abuse of children. You are trying to score Personal Points . Shame on you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 16:23
    @sonship said
    What? Your own style bothers you?
    You're trying to turn a thread about the cover up of sexual abuse of children into a platform to air your personal gripes about me and my "hard" questions.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 06:53
    @galveston75 said
    I let Robbie fight his own battles....
    Thats not what used to happen when you were both here; what occurred was a nauseating stroke-me-stroke-you back and forth where the pair of you mocked and “LOL”’ed your way through countless threads about the awful antics of your religious cult while you both fired abuse at your detractors.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 06:54
    @galveston75 said
    I know, you start a church and we'll all come over to the dark side!!!!! Lol
    “LOL”
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 06:57
    @sonship said
    Don't look now Divegeester, but
    like JWs, Unitarians have their incidents too.

Unitarian Universalist Clergy Sex Abuse Cover-Up And Denial And The UUA's Church of the Larger Fellowship - What's The Connection?

https://emersonavenger.blogspot.com/2019/02/unitarian-universalist-clergy-sex-abuse.html

And their policy of prevention.

[b] First Unitarian Churc ...[text shortened]... Sexual-Abuse-Prev-and-Safe-Policy-20

https://www.uua.org/action/statements/materials-sexual-abuse
    I am anti-denominationalist sonship. I despise them all, although not equally. Corporate religion is a plague on our species and a blight on our civilisation.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 20:28
    @galveston75 said
    I know, you start a church and we'll all come over to the dark side!!!!! Lol
    What does the bible say about child sacrifice?
  11. Joined
    16 Apr '19
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 01:15
    @fmf said
    If you were aware of what robbie carrobie was doing, and did not have the guts to confront him, then that makes you - in your own small little way - symptomatic of the problem of why organizations become rotten to the core. You seem to have the "guts" to confront me over and over and over again, and yet nothing I do is as ghastly as defending the cover up of child sex abuse.
    Firstly Robbie did not defend child abuse, what he actually did was call into question the idea that mandatory reporting would lead to fewer people coming forward and confessing their crimes . When the question was put to you if that was the case you also acquiesced that yes child abusers would be less likely to come forward knowing that they would be reported.
    Thus it would seem that you too must also be a defender of child abuse if we carry the logic forward.
    Secondly it is self evident that while you yourself have been accused of nefarious crimes involving children and have complained to the administration of the site about it we find you here in the most hypocritical manner possible defaming the character of others with fabricated narratives involving the defence of child abuse. It seems that its ok for you to level such accusations against others but you don't seem to relish the same when its levelled against you. What are we supposed to make of it except the work of a cowardly hypocrite and internet troll who seems to relish in the prospect of defaming others who are not in a position to defend themselves against your fabricated narratives. I recall that robbie attempted to seek a rational for why you got your jollies abusing others in this way and suggested that perhaps you too were part of a perpetual cycle of abuse which can sometimes be symptomatic of such behaviour. Either way clearly you are a very disturbed individual whose sole contribution to this website appears to be to create strife among its members with lies and vile insinuations. Your texts are not a reflection of those you seek to vilify, but of you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 01:35
    @gsiur said
    Firstly Robbie did not defend child abuse
    Hello, brand new poster.

I have never suggested that robbie carrobie "defended child abuse".

He defended child sex abuse being covered up by the JW organization.

He did not, however, defend the Catholic Church's cover-up of child sex abuse.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 01:37
    @gsiur said
    Thus it would seem that you too must also be a defender of child abuse if we carry the logic forward.
    No, I am not a defender of child sex abuse.

Nor am I a defender of the cover-up of child sex abuse.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 01:39
    @gsiur said
    Secondly it is self evident that while you yourself have been accused of nefarious crimes involving children and have complained to the administration of the site about it we find you here in the most hypocritical manner possible defaming the character of others with fabricated narratives involving the defence of child abuse.
    robbie carrobie accused me of being a paedophile when he got bent out of shape in a discussion about Romans 13:1.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 01:42
    @gsiur said
    It seems that its ok for you to level such accusations against others but you don't seem to relish the same when its levelled against you.
    I never accused robbie carrobie of engaging in child sex abuse. But he did accuse me of being a paedophile. He got confused about Romans 13:1 and did not take kindly to having this pointed put to him by an atheist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree