1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:55
    @galveston75 said
    Why is this abuse not being reported from other countries other then the UK and Australia?
    I crunched the numbers that the Australian Royal Commission [into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse] came up with, and the worst group by far - in per capita terms - was [or is] the Salvation Army. In terms of numbers of people affected, of course, the Catholic Church was [or is] the worst. Some institutions are more rotten to the core than others.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:03
    @galveston75 said
    I'm still here my friend. So get off your high horse and listen.... When this subject was discussed for probably the third time I made very heartfelt and disturbed comments about this happening. I suppose you forgot about that? If I were to catch anyone ever abusing my children or anyone else's I'd probably spending time in jail.
    As I commented this is a scourge that is ...[text shortened]... ds of thousands instances in many, many countries.
    To me something is not adding up here.........
    You religious organisation, your “brothers” as you call them have been systematically covering up the sexual abuse of children for decades. Your Watchtower church leadership is morally broken and the organisation permemantly stained by this atrocity. From the religious organisation who claims to be the sole holders of God’s truth on earth!

I know you are at least 2nd generation JW so you are most certainly psychologically manacled to the group, but you should leave. I would leave. Anyone would leave.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:10
    @fmf said
    I crunched the numbers that the Australian Royal Commission [into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse] came up with, and the worst group by far - in per capita terms - was [or is] the Salvation Army. In terms of numbers of people affected, of course, the Catholic Church was [or is] the worst. Some institutions are more rotten to the core than others.
    Yes it is sick. As I stated earlier with the scripture that speaks of "oppressive wolves" and how they would infiltrate the congregations and that is to prey on the humble, meek ones. They put up false pretenses of being spiritual and kind and willing to help anyone especially ones with kind hearts and are looking to confide in someone. And when that evil is in done in "God's name" so to say, the punishment executed by Jehovah will no doubt be extremely harsh. Not only because of the harm they've done to other humans but the defamation of God's name they've caused. It is demonic....
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:141 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Yes it is sick. As I stated earlier with the scripture that speaks of "oppressive wolves" and how they would infiltrate the congregations and that is to prey on the humble, meek ones. They put up false pretenses of being spiritual and kind and willing to help anyone especially ones with kind hearts and are looking to confide in someone. And when that evil is in done in "G ...[text shortened]... harm they've done to other humans but the defamation of God's name they've caused. It is demonic....
    What did you make of robbie carrobie's reaction to, and behaviour here in the wake of, the Australian Royal Commission's investigation of sexual abuse - and 50 years of covering it up - in the Jehovah's Witnesses organization in Australia? I don't remember you saying one word or objecting even once to his behaviour or questioning his defence of the organization's cover-up child sex abuse. Not one word.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:15
    @divegeester said
    You religious organisation, your “brothers” as you call them have been systematically covering up the sexual abuse of children for decades. Your Watchtower church leadership is morally broken and the organisation permemantly stained by this atrocity. From the religious organisation who claims to be the sole holders of God’s truth on earth!

I know you are at least 2nd ...[text shortened]... inly psychologically manacled to the group, but you should leave. I would leave. Anyone would leave.
    So judgmental. I've only known of 1 person that was guilty of this. I'm 62 and have know thousands of Brothers and 1 was it.
    If your looking for perfection it seems you have yourself so your wasting your time with me and telling me what I should do.....
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:16
    @galveston75 said
    I've only known of 1 person that was guilty of this. I'm 62 and have know thousands of Brothers and 1 was it.
    Were you the whistleblower?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:17
    @galveston75 said
    So judgmental.
    Weren't you just now, yourself, being judgemental about child sex abuse and institutional cover-ups?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:47
    @fmf said
    Were you the whistleblower?
    Nope....
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:47
    @fmf said
    Weren't you just now, yourself, being judgemental about child sex abuse and institutional cover-ups?
    How so?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:59
    @galveston75 said
    Nope....
    FMF: Were you the whistleblower?

galveston75: nope

Was the whistleblower disfellowshipped?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 23:00
    @galveston75 said
    How so?
    In what you said.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 23:19
    @fmf said
    FMF: Were you the whistleblower?

galveston75: nope

Was the whistleblower disfellowshipped?
    Yes he was and did face charges. I never heard what came of that as I never saw him again. Maybe in jail?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 23:23
    @fmf said
    In what you said.
    If you're speaking of the Catholic religion, I'm only stating facts that we all can see from the media. Divi is blowing hot air in his accusations as in him saying all the elders are in on this filth and that the whole organization is guilty. I would think you could see the difference?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 23:29
    @galveston75 said
    Yes he was and did face charges. I never heard what came of that as I never saw him again. Maybe in jail?
    The whistleblower is maybe in gaol??
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 23:33
    @galveston75 said
    If you're speaking of the Catholic religion, I'm only stating facts that we all can see from the media. Divi is blowing hot air in his accusations as in him saying all the elders are in on this filth and that the whole organization is guilty. I would think you could see the difference?
    The whole of your organization bears responsibility. Even you were unable to stand up to robbie carrobie's morally bankrupt defence of child sex abuse being covered up. Institutions being rotten to the core are made up of a myriad of corruption and cowardice, both large and small.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree