1. Joined
    05 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 02:43
    @fmf said
    The whole of your organization bears responsibility. Even you were unable to stand up to robbie carrobie's morally bankrupt defence of child sex abuse being covered up. Institutions being rotten to the core are made up of a myriad of corruption and cowardice, both large and small.
    This Robbie guy sound kind of like a sicko. How did you not hunt him down and beat the shyte out of him?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 03:46
    @fmf said
    What did you make of robbie carrobie's reaction to, and behaviour here in the wake of, the Australian Royal Commission's investigation of sexual abuse - and 50 years of covering it up - in the Jehovah's Witnesses organization in Australia? I don't remember you saying one word or objecting even once to his behaviour or questioning his defence of the organization's cover-up child sex abuse. Not one word.
    I let Robbie fight his own battles....
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 04:06
    @galveston75 said
    I let Robbie fight his own battles....
    If you were aware of what robbie carrobie was doing, and did not have the guts to confront him, then that makes you - in your own small little way - symptomatic of the problem of why organizations become rotten to the core. You seem to have the "guts" to confront me over and over and over again, and yet nothing I do is as ghastly as defending the cover up of child sex abuse.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 13:21
    @galveston75 said
    So judgmental. I've only known of 1 person that was guilty of this. I'm 62 and have know thousands of Brothers and 1 was it.
    If your looking for perfection it seems you have yourself so your wasting your time with me and telling me what I should do.....
    It is global issue for your organisation with this cropping up in multiple counties and spanning decades.

Your leaders have been covering up child sex abuse and you defend them. What does that say about you?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 14:02
    @fmf said
    If you were aware of what robbie carrobie was doing, and did not have the guts to confront him, then that makes you - in your own small little way - symptomatic of the problem of why organizations become rotten to the core. You seem to have the "guts" to confront me over and over and over again, and yet nothing I do is as ghastly as defending the cover up of child sex abuse.
    Uh.. you have no idea on what Robbie and myself spoke about privately do you? Geezzzz dude!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 14:38
    @galveston75 said
    Uh.. you have no idea on what Robbie and myself spoke about privately do you? Geezzzz dude!
    Your religious organisation is morally bankrupt, you should leave to demonstrate your disgust. But you won’t will you, because in truth you just want the whole ghastliness of the child sex abuse scandals to go away so you can get on with being the true church.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 15:52
    @galveston75 said
    Your secret conversations resulted in him defending the cover up of child sex abuse, then.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 21:55
    @fmf said
    Your secret conversations resulted in him defending the cover up of child sex abuse, then.
    You believe whatever you want to believe. You see dumb statements like this you made show me you are really not interested in anything I say with your devious questions. You are just out to try and make me and a couple others look like our direction in life does not meet up, actually down to your darkish attitude. Pretty pathetic social skills who hides behind your monitor...
    Why don't you take your buddy divi dude and just leave!!!!!!!!!! Good day sir.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 21:56
    @divegeester said
    Your religious organisation is morally bankrupt, you should leave to demonstrate your disgust. But you won’t will you, because in truth you just want the whole ghastliness of the child sex abuse scandals to go away so you can get on with being the true church.
    I know, you start a church and we'll all come over to the dark side!!!!! Lol
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 12:122 edits
    Don't look now Divegeester, but
    like JWs, Unitarians have their incidents too.

Unitarian Universalist Clergy Sex Abuse Cover-Up And Denial And The UUA's Church of the Larger Fellowship - What's The Connection?

https://emersonavenger.blogspot.com/2019/02/unitarian-universalist-clergy-sex-abuse.html

And their policy of prevention.

First Unitarian Church of Des Moines
    Child Sexual Abuse Prevention and Safety Policy

https://www.ucdsm.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Child-Sexual-Abuse-Prev-and-Safe-Policy-20

https://www.uua.org/action/statements/materials-sexual-abuse
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 12:20
    @sonship said
    Don't look now Divegeester, but
    like JWs, Unitarians have their incidents too.

Unitarian Universalist Clergy Sex Abuse Cover-Up And Denial And The UUA's Church of the Larger Fellowship - What's The Connection?

https://emersonavenger.blogspot.com/2019/02/unitarian-universalist-clergy-sex-abuse.html

And their policy of prevention.

[b] First Unitarian Churc ...[text shortened]... Sexual-Abuse-Prev-and-Safe-Policy-20

https://www.uua.org/action/statements/materials-sexual-abuse
    Are there any "Unitarians" here who defend the institutional cover up of child sex cases or who claim that there aren't any "Unitarians" who sexually abuse children, or who claim that they have been unaware of the problem for decades?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 12:27
    @galveston75 said
    You believe whatever you want to believe. You see dumb statements like this you made show me you are really not interested in anything I say with your devious questions. You are just out to try and make me and a couple others look like our direction in life does not meet up, actually down to your darkish attitude. Pretty pathetic social skills who hides behind your monitor...
    Why don't you take your buddy divi dude and just leave!!!!!!!!!! Good day sir.
    When asked why you never once confronted your fellow JW over the public stance he took defending the cover-up of child sex abuse by JWs [he did not, by the way, extend this 'defence' to any other church or denomination, no surprise there... he did not defend cover-ups of child sex abuse by the Catholic church, no, only by the JW organization], you said to me "you have no idea on what Robbie and myself spoke about privately".

You were implying that these conversations were 'secret'. So, I pointed out that these 'secret conversations' did not result in him desisting from defending the cover-up of child sex abuse.

Perhaps you should have called him out in public because what you claim you did was not effective. How is this a "darkish attitude"?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 12:28
    @galveston75 said
    Pretty pathetic social skills who hides behind your monitor.
    How so?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 12:30
    @galveston75 said
    You are just out to try and make me and a couple others look like our direction in life does not meet up.
    Well, did robbie carrobie's 'direction' regarding defending the cover-up of child sex abuse "meet up" with yours?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 13:16
    @FMF

Atheists have there turn in the spotlight too.

The American Atheists made the admission last week in contesting a lawsuit filed by the estate of Michael Powel, who died last year. Mr. Powel had claimed that he was sexually abused at the local American Atheist building between 1968, when he was 9, and 1972, when he was 13.

The Atheist organization is contesting a request from Mr. Powel’s lawyers to turn over all documents regarding sexual abuse by atheists at the organization. In its filing in Superior Court in Waterbury, the leader of the American Atheists said it had compiled 126 boxes of documents and files detailing 32 accusations of abuse by eight atheists at the American Atheists organization.

Atheist child abuse scandal
    http://www.nobeliefs.com/comments13.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree