It’s literally in the Bible...

It’s literally in the Bible...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
An example of your delusional thinking is your denial in another thread that in the following passage chattel slavery is clearly and unambiguously being condoned::
Leviticus 25
44‘As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you. 45‘Then, too, it is out of the sons ...[text shortened]... are desperately engaging in one ad hom after another in an attempt to make yourself feel better.
You're not being honest.

If, as you assert, the Bible is open to interpretation, which is a contradiction to what Peter says, then your interpretation is no more valid than mine.

The scriptures are God breathed. They are inerrant and as infallible as God Himself.

Every thing you say is a contradiction to that. You, to your own dismay, have no authority to give commentary to the Word of God. You are disqualified, and your comments are of no consequence.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
But God’s Holy Spirit has not yet told you wether or not the critical doctrine of eternal suffering is right or not?
I haven’t read the relevant verses nor have I prayed in earnest beforehand. It’s not a topic of significant interest to me - mostly because I trust God and His holiness and justice.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

No supernatural or literally divine attributes.
According to the Gospels, Jesus claimed them and is quoted as claiming them. Do you think those quotes were fabricated by the Gospel writers?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
You're not being honest.

If, as you assert, the Bible is open to interpretation, which is a contradiction to what Peter says, then your interpretation is no more valid than mine.

The scriptures are God breathed. They are inerrant and as infallible as God Himself.

Every thing you say is a contradiction to that. You, to your own dismay, have no aut ...[text shortened]... ve commentary to the Word of God. You are disqualified, and your comments are of no consequence.
Well said Sir.

T

Moves
16 Apr 18

You're not being honest.

Every thing you say is a contradiction to that. You, to your own dismay, have no aut ...[text shortened]... ve commentary to the Word of God. You are disqualified, and your comments are of no consequence.
You're the one not being honest.

With the Bible being so heavily steeped in metaphor, there's no getting around the fact that it's widely open to interpretation. The tens of thousands of denominations of Christianity bear that out. If it weren't open to interpretation, there only be a small fraction of that. Even your belief that the Bible is "inerrant and..infallible" is an interpretation in and of itself of what "God breathed" entails. There are many Christians who do not hold that belief.

Your denial that Leviticus 25:44-46 clearly and unambiguously condones chattel slavery clearly demonstrates your dishonesty and hypocrisy. Evidently it doesn't square with your conception of God, so you deny that it says what it clearly says.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Apr 18

By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth to be "true". 

I don't share that ...[text shortened]... se words, most of the inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions are weeded out.
'By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth to be "true". '

You repeatedly cut and paste this same carefully worded blurb in lieu of any specific answer, like some dodgy politician's press release. At the very least recognize that 'remarkably deep' and 'quite profound' have essentially the same meaning. (By and large).

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
16 Apr 18

Well said Sir.
Wait ... you support inerrancy now?

T

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
'By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth to be "true". '

You repe ...[text shortened]... e that 'remarkably deep' and 'quite profound' have essentially the same meaning. (By and large).
It basically answers the question in the OP. It definitely was a much more substantial answer than most offered. If someone offered a more substantial answer, I didn't see it.

GoaD continues to troll.

GoaD started as a troll. He continues as a troll. See the following thread for an example of his early efforts. 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-858.164426 

The following thread is another early example of GoaD's trolling. Note how his posts were in an effort to "stir the pot". 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/salvation.165585 

This is nothing new from GoaD.

T

Moves
16 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Wait ... you support inerrancy now?
"An enemy of my enemy..."

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Apr 18

You're the one not being honest.

With the Bible being so heavily steeped in metaphor, there's no getting around the fact that it's widely open to interpretation. The tens of thousands of denominations of Christianity bear that out. If it weren't open to interpretation, there only be a small fraction of that. Even your belief that the Bible is "inerran ...[text shortened]... ly it doesn't square with your conception of God, so you deny that it says what it clearly says.
You can keep singing that same song all day, but by your logic your opinion of interpretation is no more valid than anyone else's.

You shot yourself in your own foot, so hobble back to whatever irrelevant obscurity you came from.

Just being honest. Maybe someday you'll be open to understanding what it really means to interpret the scriptures.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Apr 18

Well said Sir.
Why thanks honorable sir!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

I personally think the Bible speaks to people in unique ways. It’s probably not correct for me to have said that means different interpretations are possible with each being valid, but I do think what someone takes away from a verse and/or passage and how it benefits him or her is not uniform across all believers.

T

Moves
16 Apr 18
1 edit

You can keep singing that same song all day, but by your logic your opinion of interpretation is no more valid than anyone else's.

You shot yourself in your own foot, so hobble back to whatever irrelevant obscurity you came from.

Just being honest. Maybe someday you'll be open to understanding what it really means to interpret the scriptures.
Presumably if you were able to respond with a cogent argument, you would have.

Failing that, all you have is what amounts to an incoherent ad hom.

Never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians hate truth and choose to live in darkness - denial of the truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Presumably if you were able to respond with a cogent argument, you would have.

Failing that, all you have is what amounts to an incoherent ad hom.

Never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians hate truth and choose to live in darkness - denial of the truth.
<<Never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians hate truth and choose to live in darkness - denial of the truth.>>

You mean like denying Jesus’ deity the way you do?

T

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
<<Never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians hate truth and choose to live in darkness - denial of the truth.>>

You mean like denying Jesus’ deity the way you do?
In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He never claimed to be God. On the contrary, He often explicitly stated that He is a son of God. He calls His followers to also become sons of God. All the claims you've made to the contrary don't hold under the light of truth.

The following applies to you as well: