It’s literally in the Bible...

It’s literally in the Bible...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Apr 18

'By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves.

That, of course, calls for us assuming that ThinkOfOne is "reasonably sound and reasonably coherent" in his thinking about God and man.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Allow me to answer on his behalf:

'By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the ...[text shortened]... the 'questions' that aren't 'well considered and meaningful,' but the 'answers' he has to offer.
So then this forum is a platform for ThinkOfOne to give his opinion about the veracity of the scriptures.

The world is full of opinions. Are we to be bored to death with one more individual's unsubstantiated claims?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Apr 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
If you cannot accept everything in the gospels is true then you
cannot rely on the "words of Jesus" to be true - it is reported
speech. Jesus may well have always told the truth but that
does not mean "his words" in the bible are true.

If you find one discrepancy it puts everything into doubt.
The discrepancies are fabricated.