It’s literally in the Bible...

It’s literally in the Bible...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Apr 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Are you planning to ask any well-considered meaningful questions?
So I take it you’re not planning to answer.

T

Moves
17 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
So I take it you’re not planning to answer.
Why would anyone answer questions that are not well-considered and meaningful?

Moves
17 Apr 18

Why would anyone answer questions that are not well-considered and meaningful?
Conveniently for you whenever you are at a loss for words it's because the question was not well-considered and meaningful.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Apr 18
2 edits

You really need to educate yourself:
What is the claim where Jesus says, “before Abraham came into being, I am” (John 8:58)? 

Is the author of the Gospel of John claiming that Jesus is part of a tri-unity god when he has Jesus say, “before Abraham came into being, I am” (John 8:58)? 

Answer: John 8:56-58 states: “‘Abraham your father rejoic ...[text shortened]... s/what-is-the-claim-where-jesus-says-qbefore-abraham-came-into-being-i-amq-john-858/> 
Pasted from <https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/what-is-the-claim-where-jesus-says-qbefore-abraham-came-into-being-i-amq-john-858/>

I knew it.

Your Jeremiah 31 and Ezekiel 18 arguments over on How to Be Washed in the Blood probably come from "counter missionary" articles from JewsforJudiasm.

Go now to the Jews For Judaism and ask them to help you with your Atheism. I'd like to see how much they could help you with "Yahweh doesn't and never existed."

T

Moves
17 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Conveniently for you whenever you are at a loss for words it's because the question was not well-considered and meaningful.
By all means explain how both the following questions are well-considered and meaningful to what I posted:
<<What evidence do you have that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers fabricated parts of their Gospels?>>

<<What evidence do you have that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers did not fabricate parts of their Gospels?>>

In my mind they are both meaningless, but make your best case.

T

Moves
17 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
Pasted from <https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/what-is-the-claim-where-jesus-says-qbefore-abraham-came-into-being-i-amq-john-858/>

I knew it.

Your Jeremiah 31 and Ezekiel 18 arguments over on [b]How to Be Washed in the Blood
probably come from "counter missionary" articles from JewsforJudiasm.

Go now to the ...[text shortened]... r Atheism. I'd like to see how much they could help you with "Yahweh doesn't and never existed."[/b]
The fact is that what I've written about Jeremiah 31, Isaiah 1 and Ezekiel 18 are a product of seeing the correlation between the three and have nothing to do with that website.

The fact is that you actually "know" nothing. You just make stuff up in your mind and think they are true simply because you believe them. No wonder you have so much trouble formulating rational arguments.

Moves
17 Apr 18

By all means explain how both the following questions are well-considered and meaningful to what I posted:
<<What evidence do you have that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers fabricated parts of their Gospels?>>

<<What evidence do you have that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers did not fabricate parts of their Gospels?>>

If your answer to the question 'do you believe that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers fabricated parts of their Gospels?' is yes, the question is very well considered and meaningful. If your answer is no then obviously it is not. As far as I'm aware your answer would be yes. Feel free to set the record straight if your answer is indeed no.

T

Moves
17 Apr 18
2 edits

If your answer to the question 'do you believe that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers fabricated parts of their Gospels?' is yes, the question is very well considered and meaningful. If your answer is no then obviously it is not. As far as I'm aware your answer would be yes. Feel free to set the record straight if your answer is indeed no.

The following is what I posted. That should make easy. Make your best case.
By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth to be "true".

I don't share that view of the mythology and beliefs that the NT writers wrapped around them. At best, they can merely echo His words. At worst, they deviate from His words and at times substantially so.

The truth in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry still rings out loud and clear despite the corruptions that were introduced by the NT writers. The core of His gospel are contained in the parables, explanations of the parables, the Sermon on the Mount, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing the Kingdom and what living in the Kingdom entails, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing what is required for "eternal life" / living in the Kingdom etc. In short, passages where Jesus is explicitly preaching the vision of His gospel.

By limiting the Bible to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry and those words that are consistent with those words, most of the inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions are weeded out.
:

Moves
17 Apr 18

In order for me to make a case I would first need to know if you believe that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers fabricated parts of their Gospels. So is your answer to that question yes or no?

T

Moves
17 Apr 18
1 edit

In order for me to make a case I would first need to know if you believe that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers fabricated parts of their Gospels. So is your answer to that question yes or no?
I edited my previous post to make it easy for you. Go for it.

Moves
17 Apr 18

I edited my previous post to make it easy for you. Go for it.
Could you give me some examples of the 'corruptions' that were introduced by the NT writers?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Apr 18

Could you give me some examples of the 'corruptions' that were introduced by the NT writers?
Allow me to answer on his behalf:

'By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth to be "true".

I don't share that view of the mythology and beliefs that the NT writers wrapped around them. At best, they can merely echo His words. At worst, they deviate from His words and at times substantially so'....etc etc ad nauseam.

It is not the 'questions' that aren't 'well considered and meaningful,' but the 'answers' he has to offer.

Moves
17 Apr 18

In my mind they are ...[text shortened]... most of the inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions are weeded out. [/quote]:
Do you accept everything written in the gospels to be true or only the words of Jesus?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Apr 18

Do you accept everything written in the gospels to be true or only the words of Jesus?
If you cannot accept everything in the gospels is true then you
cannot rely on the "words of Jesus" to be true - it is reported
speech. Jesus may well have always told the truth but that
does not mean "his words" in the bible are true.

If you find one discrepancy it puts everything into doubt.

Moves
17 Apr 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
If you cannot accept everything in the gospels is true then you
cannot rely on the "words of Jesus" to be true - it is reported
speech. Jesus may well have always told the truth but that
does not mean "his words" in the bible are true.

If you find one discrepancy it puts everything into doubt.
You should be telling that to TOO. You are preaching to the choir.