"Isaac vs Ishmael"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Sep 21
7 edits

@Velns

Same father, different mothers. Ishmael was the firstborn, Isaac the child of a promise.

You’re situation in this forum is nothing like Isaac’s struggle. I also notice that you are fond of comparing yourself to Jesus when you get challenged. It’s not an endearing trait.

A few questions:

1.) Why would you think it is only my case I am concerned with?
The tenure of Paul's discussion of Hagar vs Sarah and Ishmael vs Isaac is about ALL who are produced as children of God through grace down through all time.

"But you brothers, in the way Isaac was, are children of promise. But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also now." (Gal. 4:28,29)

If you haven't noticed, Rajk999's broad strokes of ridicule have included great numbers of believers in the gospel of grace. It was many brothers that he constantly aims his opposition towards, not just me.

2.) In you next post could you tell me what is wrong with comparing ourselves to Jesus exactly where it is appropriate. I mean EXACTLY what is WRONG with this comparison?

Jesus told us "A disciple is not above the teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is sufficient for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and a slave like his master. If they called the Master of the house Beelzebul, how much more those of His household!" (Matt. 10:24)

So since my Master expects me to become LIKE Him then what is wrong with me checking from time to time, comparing myself with Him?

So what is this malarkey " It is wrong to compare yourself to Jesus because _________"?

Why should I not compare? You do the sizing up of Christians with and against Jesus Christ. So why should we not check now and then?

"Be imitators of me, as I also am of Christ." (1 Cor. 11:1)

Comparison along the way is quite expected. Check back with me if I say I am sinless or something like that.

Moves
14 Sep 21

@sonship said

2.) In you next post could you tell me what is wrong with comparing ourselves to Jesus exactly where it is appropriate. I mean EXACTLY what is WRONG with this comparison?
"God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." 1 Peter 5:5

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Sep 21

Let's look at the ENTIRE passage. It is wonderful.

"In like manner, younger men, be subject to elders;

and all of you gird yourselves with humility toward one another, because God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble." (v. 5)

And the next verse is good to go along with it.

"Therefore be humbled under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time." (1 Peter 5:5 and 6)

Now for any with even a greater appetite and capacity the rest of the passage is also EXCELLENT as a continuation of verses 5,6:

"Casting all your anxiety on Him because it matters to Him concerning you. (v.7)

Be sober; watch. Your adversary, the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking someone to devour. (v.8)

Him withstand, being firm in your faith, knowing that the same sufferings are being accomplished among your brotherhood in the world." (v.9)

This is a good few verse to pray-read.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Sep 21
1 edit

Suzianne, you seemed to be only one somewhat interested in the axiom of the rapture causing the great tribulation. Should I go through the evidence with you?

Moves
14 Sep 21

@sonship said

This is a good few verse to pray-read.
Christians are advised to avoid pray reading which is the slippery slope to charlatan mumbo jumbo. Always resist the practice. Do not allow the term to become normalized.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Sep 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Christians are advised to avoid pray reading which is the slippery slope to charlatan mumbo jumbo. Always resist the practice. Do not allow the term to become normalized.
Sonship is living proof of that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 21
8 edits

@Rajk999

Name one false thing I have taught here.
Give me your most serious example, not the second, third, or fourth.

Why buddy, buddy up with an atheist who thinks believing in God, one has slipped a slippery step from reality?

It is ironic that you have more repour on this Forum with atheists who counts any trust in the Bible a bad "slip" whether taken in prayer or not, than any Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 21
1 edit

The New Testament tells believers to take the word of God by means of all prayer.

" . . . receive . . . the sword of the Spirit, which [Spirit] is the word of God, By means of all prayer and petition, praying at every time in spirit and watching unto this in all perseverance and petition . . . " (See Eph. 6:17-18)

Moves
16 Sep 21

@sonship said
@Rajk999

Name one false thing I have taught here.
Give me your most serious example, not the second, third, or fourth.

Why buddy, buddy up with an atheist who thinks believing in God, one has slipped a slippery step from reality?

It is ironic that you have more repour on this Forum with atheists who counts any trust in the Bible a bad "slip" whether taken in prayer or not, than any Christians.
Spoilt for choice.

Let's go with the notion of a 4 fold deity, completely unsupported by scripture.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Sep 21
1 edit

@sonship said

Christ had a great "repour" [whatever the hell that is], with the publicans and sinners, winebibbers and prostitutes, than he had with the leading members of the religious community, the Scribes and Pharisees, the priests and Levites. He called them hypocrites. Its no coincidence that the same thing is happening to me, as I preach Christ and Christ alone. Church people dont like me. Do I need to spell out the reasons for this?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 21
3 edits

@Rajk999

That is not what I am talking about.

Christ did not go to concord with them about Him not being the Lord and not being God incarnate and not resurrecting from the tomb of a dead man.

Sure Christ loves the sinners and even those who do not yet believe in Him.
He does not look to them for support of heretical teachings.

Still waiting for you to confess to ANYONE that for YOU JESUS is LORD.

Still eager to see an unambiguous confession that God raised Him from the dead physically / bodily.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 21
1 edit

Rajk999,
Does your another Jesus not allow you to believe in the resurrection ?

Jesus presented Himself over a period of 40 days to His disciples after His rising with many infallible proofs. Burn your teachers' guide you took with you when you left the Jehovah's Witnesses.

And if I err in your background, burn that material anyway from where ever you got it.

"[Jesus' disciples] to whom also He presented Himself alive after His suffering by many irrefutable proofs, appearing to them through a period of forty days and speaking the things concerning the kingdom of God." (Acts 1:3)

Rajk999, whoever got a hold on you early in your Bible reading twisted your head around to doubt the physical resurrection of Christ.

On What post have you EVER discussed the physical resurrection in body of the Lord Jesus Christ? Point me to it and vindicate yourself if you are a true Christian disciple.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 21
3 edits

@Rajk999

I preach Christ and Christ alone.

No you do not.
You conspicuously cannot bring yourself to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

"No one can say, Jesus is Lord! except in the Holy Spirit."

Now as usual give us instead seven excuses, two side steps and three evasions.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Sep 21

@sonship said
@Rajk999
I preach Christ and Christ alone.

No you do not.
You conspicuously cannot bring yourself to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

"No one can say, Jesus is Lord! except in the Holy Spirit."

Now as usual give us instead seven excuses, two side steps and three evasions.
Save your demands for confession for your peers in the church. This is an internet chat forum. Learn to behave appropriately.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 21
1 edit

@Rajk999

Save your evasions for the demons that trained you to side step the foundations of Gospel.