Is there any meaning in life without God?

Is there any meaning in life without God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 05

Originally posted by Darfius
When you accept Christ, He enters your life in many ways. He gives you peace, security, wisdom, patience and most importantly, love. I used to think I could love before, but with the love of Christ, very little bothers me. Very little people can do make me forget how much I love them and want them to share in the joy I have. The joy of knowing Him is ind ...[text shortened]... t it is a free gift from God, I am humbled more than I've ever been. And I love that, too! 🙂
Darfius: He gives you peace, security, wisdom, patience and most importantly, love.

LMFAO! He certainly didn't give you the means to express such on RHP!

The Apologist

Moves
12 Apr 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Darfius: He gives you peace, security, wisdom, patience and most importantly, love.

LMFAO! He certainly didn't give you the means to express such on RHP!
Hehe. Yes, I fail at times. But I try, God knows! 😛

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
12 Apr 05
1 edit

When you accept Christ, He enters your life in many ways. He gives you peace, security, wisdom, patience and most importantly, love. I used to think I could love before, but with the love of Christ, very little bothers me. Very little pe ...[text shortened]... I am humbled more than I've ever been. And I love that, too! 🙂
So the meaning of life with God is peace, security, wisdom, patience and love?

The Apologist

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
So the meaning of life with God is peace, security, wisdom, patience and love?
Basically, and attempting to bring it to others.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
13 Apr 05

Basically, and attempting to bring it to others.
Are you claiming one cannot attain these things without being a Born Again fundamentalist Christian?

The Apologist

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Are you claiming one cannot attain these things without being a Born Again fundamentalist Christian?
Yes. Not consistently.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
13 Apr 05

Yes. Not consistently.
Priceless. So, no Buddhist, for instance, can be consistently peaceful or loving. What a lark! 🙄

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by bbarr
Priceless. So, no Buddhist, for instance, can be consistently peaceful or loving. What a lark! 🙄
Oh, silly bbarr, how could one be peaceful when enduring the torment of the fiery furnace? Finding Jesus is the first step to avoiding hell, which in turn is a necessary condition for eternal, thus consistent, peacefulness.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
13 Apr 05

I doubt anyone can be consistently peaceful or loving. Although some people find peace and joy in Christianity - it is not constant. Paul speaks of struggles and torments. I believe he both felt guilt for his persecution of Christians and joy for Christ's love and forgiveness - at the same time. The purpose of man is to glorify God - not to achieve inner peace or happyness.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
I doubt anyone can be consistently peaceful or loving. Although some people find peace and joy in Christianity - it is not constant. Paul speaks of struggles and torments. I believe he both felt guilt for his persecution of Christians and joy for Christ's love and forgiveness - at the same time. The purpose of man is to glorify God - not to achieve inner peace or happyness.
What a truly depressing philosophy! I'll try to remember that next time I'm having a beer in Yankee stadium or playing with my grandson. You must be great at parties, Coletti.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
13 Apr 05

What a truly depressing philosophy! I'll try to remember that next time I'm having a beer in Yankee stadium or playing with my grandson. You must be great at parties, Coletti.
Which part, glorifying God or no guarantee of earthly happiness. Is that why you don't like Christianity, because it doesn't make you feel good?

Go for Buddhism or sadism, or whatever curdles your cream. It's all for you. Go for it. Why ask why? Live and let live. Visualize whirled peas. All ya need it love! This buds for you. What's your philosophy? Never mind, as long as it makes you feel good.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 05

Which part, glorifying God or no guarantee of earthly happiness. Is that why you don't like Christianity, because it doesn't make you feel good?

Go for Buddhism or sadism, or whatever curdles your cream. It's all for you. Go for it. Why ask why? Live and let live. Visualize whirled peas. All ya need it love! This buds for you. What's your philosophy? Never mind, as long as it makes you feel good.
Actually I was referring to the "I doubt anyone can be consistently peaceful or loving" which I suppose goes hand in hand with how much filth the human race is in your view. Most people I know don't embrace such a bummer philosophy (which, of course, is refuted by their everday experiences) and they're mostly Christians! Go figure.

And where do you get this "I don't like Christianity"? I don't believe in it, but I don't dislike it any more than other things I don't believe in. I find some of the extremist views spouted by self-styled "Christians" on this site to be repugnant, but the "be nice to your fellow man" stuff that Jesus said is OK by me. Why you prefer to brood about how crappy we all are rather than that positive message is between you, your pastor and whatever mental health professionals you choose to turn to.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
13 Apr 05

The purpose of man is to glorify God - not to achieve inner peace...
I think you have this precisely backwards. Or, rather, that you are mistaken in thinking that these two things are different.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
13 Apr 05

I think you have this precisely backwards. Or, rather, that you are mistaken in thinking that these two things are different.
On what basis?

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
13 Apr 05
1 edit

Actually I was referring to the "I doubt anyone can be consistently peaceful or loving" ... (which, of course, is refuted by their everday experiences) and they're mostly Christians! Go figure.
... Why you prefer to brood ...[text shortened]... and whatever mental health professionals you choose to turn to.
You actually know people who have never been sad or mean? You know people who have never said a cross word to anyone???

I think since you keep bringing it up - it is you who is brooding over the issue. I don't have any problems with it. I wonder if we checked the frequency you have posted on the issue, if it would be 1 or 2 out of 3 posts?