Is the time of “miracles” past?

Is the time of “miracles” past?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Nov 21
2 edits

@pb1022 said

But I’m really here to discuss substance and not meaningless suspicions.
Some might say that paradoxically the only substance that matters is immaterial.

From this primary substance arise energy and matter, forming the incarnate Cosmos and all its beings.

At one more remove are the (sometimes tangled and roiling) conceptions that occur within some of said beings.

Luckily, yet another nested level of energy and matter generation does not seem to occur within most of their heads, although maybe some rare instances might explain a few cases of spontaneous combustion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Some might say that paradoxically the only substance that matters is immaterial.

From this primary substance arise energy and matter, forming the incarnate Cosmos and all its beings.

At one more remove are the (sometimes tangled and roiling) conceptions that occur within some of said beings.

Luckily, yet another nested level of energy and matter generation does ...[text shortened]... their heads, although maybe some rare instances might explain a few cases of spontaneous combustion.
I agree with your first two paragraphs.

But who are the “said beings” you’re referring to in paragraph 3? Purely spiritual beings or humans?

Because if you’re referring to humans, the thoughts we have in this forum are expressed by writing words, which are the substance I meant when I said I was here to discuss substance.

Moves
25 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
I agree with your first two paragraphs.

But who are the “said beings” you’re referring to in paragraph 3? Purely spiritual beings or humans?

Because if you’re referring to humans, the thoughts we have in this forum are expressed by writing words, which are the substance I meant when I said I was here to discuss substance.
Clearly "some of said beings" refers to some of "all its beings" as mentioned in the preceding paragraph, not necessarily limited to either spiritual beings or humans.

You seem to be saying that words that express the thoughts of humans are the substance that you wish to discuss – do I understand you correctly?

And if so, wouldn't that discussion belong in the Etymology and Semiology Forum (if we had one)?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Clearly "some of said beings" refers to some of "all its beings" as mentioned in the preceding paragraph, not necessarily limited to either spiritual beings or humans.

You seem to be saying that words that express the thoughts of humans are the substance that you wish to discuss – do I understand you correctly?

And if so, wouldn't that discussion belong in the Etymology and Semiology Forum (if we had one)?
Not at all, I’m interested in discussing the thoughts as represented by the words. Nobody here is a mind reader. We need words to communicate, whether spoken or written.

Moves
25 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Not at all, I’m interested in discussing the thoughts as represented by the words. Nobody here is a mind reader. We need words to communicate, whether spoken or written.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, and I am happy for your presence here among us. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Sorry for the misunderstanding, and I am happy for your presence here among us. 🙂
Thank you 😊

Moves
26 Nov 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Or do you interpret “miracles” differently to the Bible?
I wonder if we might agree that what might be considered a miracle depends greatly on our conceptual expectations, i.e., where we set the goalposts for how to interpret this or that occurrence.

Perhaps a longshot, but I rather suspect that the late Cliff Michelmore might have taken a gander at this very topic sometime in the 1950s or 1960s and treated it with a light and humorous touch.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Thank you.
You’re welcome.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Sounds like you’re angry.

I hope you feel better, friend.
I’m fine thanks; perfectly healthy physically, mentally and spiritually.

You?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@divegeester said
I’m fine thanks; perfectly healthy physically, mentally and spiritually.

You?
Doing great, tiger!

Thanks for asking 🤗

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Nov 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Doing great, tiger!

Thanks for asking 🤗
Shame. Thought you had shat your pants and died.
You’re a liar by the way, as well as a dickhead.
You’re also a returning banned user.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Nov 21

@divegeester said
Who is this mystery person dive and how do you know?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@divegeester said
How can you claim to be in excellent physical, mental and spiritual health and have Satan as your avatar and be so disagreeable and angry?

And I’m neither a liar nor a dickhead. You don’t know me and shouldn’t be so judgmental.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
How can you claim to be in excellent physical, mental and spiritual health and have Satan as your avatar and be so disagreeable and angry?

And I’m neither a liar nor a dickhead. You don’t know me and shouldn’t be so judgmental.
Let’s just see.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@divegeester said
Let’s just see.
You’re really full of beans today.

Why don’t you take your feisty attitude and put it toward something constructive.

Trolling me ain’t it, pardner