Is Disfellowship Physically and Spiritually Necessary

Is Disfellowship Physically and Spiritually Necessary

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 14

(1 Corinthians 5:11) Regarding everyone who “does not remain in the teaching of the Christ,” we read: “Do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. ... For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.”

This is why we do not converse with him. A scripture you no doubt condemn..

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Where did I call him a liar or say he was dishonest? It is you who are worse then dishonest. You are an instigator of evil and confusion and disunity and you love it too don't you?

Hummm that's the description of satan I do believe.

"As fine ministers, let us firmly uphold godly teaching. (1 Timothy 4:6) May we make wise use of our time by bein ...[text shortened]... ill our minds and hearts with such things, the God of peace will be with us.—Philippians 4:8, 9.
You agreed with roigam on page 6 who was questioning beauroberts integrity. You actually said (about beauroberts claim of being disfellowshipped) "I too have never heard of anyone being disfellowshipped for receiving a blood transfusion".

Of course if you think beauroberts is telling the truth please correct my understanding.

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14
2 edits

(1 Corinthians 5:11) Regarding everyone who “does not remain in the teaching of the Christ,” we read: “Do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. ... For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.”

All the man has done is take a blood transfusion! Something your buddie robbie carobbie has said in this forum, is a matter of personal conscience.

Your church has cast the beauroberts out at the time he needed you most; the leaders have tried to drive a wedge between him and his wife and children. And you defend this as being "Christian" behaviour. You should be ashamed of yourself. Just be user your father got sucked into this sham doesn't mean you have to too you know.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 14

Originally posted by divegeester
You agreed with roigam on page 6 who was questioning beauroberts integrity. You actually said (about beauroberts claim of being disfellowshipped) "I too have never heard of anyone being disfellowshipped for receiving a blood transfusion".

Of course if you think beauroberts is telling the truth please correct my understanding.
I really don't care what your understanding about anything is or what your opinions are. From day one that I've seen your postings here you have no respect for the Bible much less anyone else here who does.
You do nothing but dilute God's words and commands and insult and condemn anyone that does and try to live their best by them.
What a waist.....

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14
1 edit

I really don't care what your understanding about anything is or what your opinions are. From day one that I've seen your postings here you have no respect for the Bible much less anyone else here who does.
You do nothing but dilute God's words and commands and insult and condemn anyone that does and try to live their best by them.
What a waist.....
This thread is not about your ad hominem option of me it is about beauroberts who has been treated appallingly by your religious cult for nothing more that taking a blood transfusion to save his life. Your leadership have abandoned him when he needed them most. I have offered a hand of friendship, pragmatic advice and an arm to lean on if required. What have you done apart from cast aspersions on his integrity?

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

What a waist.....
The only waste is that you chose to follow your father into the JWs instead of taking the multiple opportunities you have had to step away.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 14

Originally posted by divegeester
The only waste is that you chose to follow your father into the JWs instead of taking the multiple opportunities you have had to step away.
Whoooosh! The sound of spirituality flying over your head. C Ya!

F

Moves
29 Dec 14

Where in the Bible is there a verse that can be used to justify obliging a Christian to tell members of his congregation that he's being treated in a hospital?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 14

Originally posted by FMF
Where in the Bible is there a verse that can be used to justify obliging a Christian to tell members of his congregation that he's being treated in a hospital?
Oh my....really? Where is any, any amount at all of any spiritual maturity here?

Ask dive dude as he for sure knows it all.

F

Moves
29 Dec 14

Oh my....really? Where is any, any amount at all of any spiritual maturity here?

Ask dive dude as he for sure knows it all.
If you can't show how the Bible creates an obligation for someone to tell others from your organisation that they are in hospital, on what basis does the person who was treated have to be "repentant"?

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Dec 14
2 edits

Why don't you stop posting "Lol" "whoosh" "oh my" "you really don't get it do you" etc and so on...and look at the facts:

A member of this site and posting forum has contracted cancer and needed surgery.
During the surgery he needed a blood transfusion
He accepted the transfusion and his life has (albeit in the short term) been saved

Next...

His local Kingdom Hall kick him out of the congregation
The leaders also attempt to stop him and his wife fellowshipping together (as if it's any of their business what they do at home)
He posts his account here over several posts - a balanced, gentle and sincere account

Next...

Roigam, Galveston75 and robbie carrobie wade in accusing the man of being less than honest with the truth and casting aspersions on his honestly, spirituality and ability to give his own testimony.

You are a bunch of mean-spirited cultists with no regard for anyone who questions your religious beliefs. It's all about control and power - there is no compassion, love, caring UNLESS there is conformity to your rules. What a bunch.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Dec 14

Just because your father is/was a Jehovah's Witness's does not mean you have to follow that path. I don't see why you would think that obvious observation has anything to do with a lack of spirituality.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
29 Dec 14

I couldn't read this without comment.

Yes, most Christian churches accept this scripture, and rightly so. If anybody where to pervert the teachings of Christ and preach divisive heretical doctrines, that person should be excommunicated.

What we have here is nothing of the kind. It is NO teaching of Crist. The "abstaining from blood" was a suggestion by the council at Jerusalem, and as pointed out here numerous times, referred to eating. I.e. stuff going into your stomach.

Even if one WOULD stretch this to mean :" any intake of blood into your body whatsoever" (which is a loooooooong stretch) it is still by no stretch of the imagination a teaching of Christ and hence a reason for excommunication.

ALL other Christian groups see it this way, so your basing this blood thing on Galatians or Corinthians is erroneous.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 14

Originally posted by CalJust
I couldn't read this without comment.

Yes, most Christian churches accept this scripture, and rightly so. If anybody where to pervert [b]the teachings of Christ
and preach divisive heretical doctrines, that person should be excommunicated.

What we have here is nothing of the kind. It is NO teaching of Crist. The "abstaining from blood" was a ...[text shortened]... roups see it this way, so your basing this blood thing on Galatians or Corinthians is erroneous.[/b]
Ok. That's your viewpoint.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Dec 14

Ok. That's your viewpoint.
It's everyone's viewpoint.

Except yours.