Is Disfellowship Physically and Spiritually Necessary

Is Disfellowship Physically and Spiritually Necessary

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The practice of disfellowshipping is Biblically established. If you want to live by Biblical standards then its necessary, the Bible is quite clear on the matter. If you don't, then its meaningless. Why this should be difficult to understand i cannot say, its crystal clear in my mind.
The practice of putting someone out of the congregation is mentioned in scripture but it is certainly not "established" in such a way as to justify the reprehensible behaviour of the leaders in your religious organisation. Specifically in this case of beauroberts who was ostracised for receiving a blood transfusion - a process you have said is "a matter of personal conscience".

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

sorry uninterested in scenarios that i was not party to and know next to nothing about...
Then what are you doing posting in is thread?

Do you feel that you can in some way cover over the train wreck that is Galveston75 and roigam's behaviour?

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

Sorry i have no way of knowing what actually happened and prefer not to comment when i have limited knowledge of a situation.
This thread is specifically about beauroberts and his terrible experience at the hands of your religious cult. If you have no interest in commenting on beauroberts situation and how the leadership bullied him out of their church at a time when he needed them most, then I can only assume that your presence here is one of deflection from the spite and slander posted by Galveston75 and roigam?

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

beauroberts integrity is not in question. I simply have no way of knowing what actually happened and prefer not to comment, why this should have any bearing on his integrity i cannot say.
And yet Galveston75 and roigam who are professed Jehovah's Witnesses, have both commented personally on this specifics case involving beauroberts. Both in fact have accused him of dishonesty - what do you think they know that you don't? Do you think they have accused him unfairly?

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

As i have already stated, its a personal decision for a husband or a wife. An elder will simply make a person aware that a provision exists, he will not nor should not advise the person on what course of action to take, that decision is personal. Therefore according to my experience and the code of practice of Jehovahs witnesses the question seems ...[text shortened]... ying to keep families together the premise being that strong families make strong congregations.
Well you have heard of it now, so you can't say you have never heard of it can you? To so so would be dishonest wouldn't it?

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

In my experience i have never heard of it, so yes, it is true. Further to that i have not read this thread in its entirety making your assertion unfounded and false.
You are here commenting on what is a horrendous situation for an member of this forum, who has directly experienced the full expressive force of your church leadership bullying him at a time when his left is in danger -- and you have not even bothered to read the thread; and yet you feel qualified to comment on it?

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

Not only have i not read what he alleges, I am uninterested in reading it or commenting on it are answering questions about it. I hope i will not have to repeat this again.
And yet here you are, in this thread, the topic of which you are well aware before you posted...

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

sorry this is another speculative question with no bais in scripture and as i have stated i prefer not to comment on anything i know little about. if you ask me about something that is actually in the Bible then i can comment in good conscience.
Galveston75 and roigam have both accused beauroberts of dishonestly based on the content of this thread; do you think they where mistaken to speak so openly of their suspicions, or were they simply wrong to harbour such thoughts without, as you say, having all the facts in the matter?

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

I have told you what i read, I made a comment on what i have read, you will now make reference to that. How can a witness forget to tell the elders that he is going for elective surgery? Is it such a small thing that he forgets about it until the day? How can a witness forget to tell the hospital that he has specific medical needs? perhaps he was d ...[text shortened]... ydreaming at the time, oh by the way i forgot to tell you i am one of Jehovahs witnesses, ooops.
I suggest that if you don't want to make yourself and your organisation look even worse than it does in this circumstance,that you at least familiarise yourself with the content of beauroberts posts.

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14
1 edit

You are not addressing the content in rather transparent and predictable fashion. How can a witness forget to tell the elders that he is going for elective surgery and the hospital that he is a Witness?
Why do you think he forgot? Have you read beauroberts account?

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

I know of no verse nor of any Elders who have actually attempted to split up anyone. I know of many verses and many elders which try to keep couples together though, why don't you ask me about them?
Beauroberts testimony in this forum is that the elders in his church tried to come between him and his wife. There are no biblical scriptures that can support this under any circumstances. Of course you know this.

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

Originally posted by FMF
Have you read his posts?
Clearly he hasn't; I'm astonished he is even posting in this thread. Personally if I were a JW I would want to distance myself from the situation and what Galveston75 and roigam have posted.

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

No i have not asked him, never the less, to anyone that is actually a strong witness the idea that you would not inform both teh Elders, the hospital and the hospital liaison committee that you were going for elective surgery, considering the risk, is rather strange. Strange to the point of casting doubt on how committed a witness he was.

It se ...[text shortened]... Elders or the hospital that he was a witness. Strange that he can remember so much else though.
If you are going to comment on beauroberts situation I think you should show the common decency and common sense to actually read his account.

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14
1 edit

If he had gone to the brothers and said, look, Ive made a terrible mistake, they would have seen that he was repentant and he would not have been disfellowshiped in all likeliness.
But what was his "terrible mistake"? All the man did was accept a blood transfusion.

ENGLAND

Moves
28 Dec 14

Here are the facts, he forgets to tell the elders that he is going for elective surgery, he forgets to tell the hospital that he is a witness (receives a blood transfusion) and yet remembers that the elders (allegedly) turned his wife against him. How can that be? Which one seems to have more gravity to you. Neither do you seem capable of explainin ...[text shortened]... you seem perfectly capable of processing other hypothesis, why cant you offer a reason for this?
How can you say "here are the facts" when you have admitted several times that you have not even read beauroberts posts and and have no knowledge of the circumstances?