interpretation

interpretation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
even the examples that you have given are vague, could you imagine a law court operating based on a few simple examples. they dont offer clarification.

for example you say 'unauthorized taking of another persons life' authorization by who? who decides who is authorized?

if somebody breaks into your house can you kill them?
if a soldier shoots a civilian is it murder?
if an innocent man is killed on deathrow is it murder?
if you are chopping wood and the axe falls from your axe and koshes a fellow worker
on the head and kills him, its unintentional manslaughter, in that case, you have the
right to run to a city of refuge (there were six in Israel i think, maybe more) and you
present your cases to the judges of that city and they determine your guilt based upon
inquiry. The same would be true if someone was breaking into your home and you
accidentally killed them in the ensuing struggle. It all depends upon the circumstances,
yet the mandate is clear, you must not commit murder. I thought we are talking of murder in a Biblical context?

Moves
18 Apr 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
if you are chopping wood and the axe falls from your axe and koshes a fellow worker
on the head and kills him, its unintentional manslaughter, in that case, you have the
right to run to a city of refuge (there were six in Israel i think, maybe more) and you
present your cases to the judges of that city and they determine your guilt based upon ...[text shortened]... is clear, you must not commit murder. I thought we are talking of murder in a Biblical context?
im asking why gods messages are sometimes quiet vague which leaves them open to interpretation. how does a christian know they are living by gods law when it is unclear what gods law is. the 'thou shall not murder' seems to me to be an obvious and important one. i wondered if christians thought they were vague on purpose so they can be adapted to change to fit with the zeitgeist?
good examples of the lack of clarity are - if a soldier kills a civilian is it murder? and if an innocent man is killed on deathrow is it murder?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Apr 12

Originally posted by menace71
Jehovah is an Anglicized word for the tetragrammaton but in and of its self Jehovah is not God's name at least it's not his real name it's a Anglicized version of the tetragrammaton which the Jews did not dare pronounce anyway for fear of saying God's name in vain. Modern scholars don't really know for sure how this YHWH was pronounced just a lot of theories.

Manny
Well as has been discussed and it is the accepted name almost the world over and is the one most use if their not confused with Jesus.
The scripture clearly says in oreder to be saved one has to call on the name of the LORD, Jehovah and must put faith in his son Jesus our acting Lord.
So if one does not understand the differance of the two beings then one might be putting into jeopardy their understanding of them and possibly their future life's into question.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
How have I twisted what you said?

You said: "Can you not comprehend God's ability to teach by any means possible including printed literature?"

Is it your view that the people who write "The Watchtower" and "Awake!" are instrumental in proving "God's ability to teach"?
Yes you don't seem to understand that the printed page can be used as one of God's avenues to teach. It's been done since the ten commandments.
All the bible writters were used by God to write the Bible. So since he has used humans before, why can't he use them now? Do you have some special insight from God that he does not do that anymore?

F

Moves
18 Apr 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes you don't seem to understand that the printed page can be used as one of God's avenues to teach. It's been done since the ten commandments.
All the bible writters were used by God to write the Bible. So since he has used humans before, why can't he use them now? Do you have some special insight from God that he does not do that anymore?
The employees of the JW organisation who are the writers of The Watchtower and Awake! are divinely inspired in the same way you believe the bible's writers were?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is pronounced "YaH" as in "Hallelu YaH" and means "I AM" or the "Self-existing One".

http://www.omegafaith.com/godisselfexisting.htm

P.S. The name of Christ, the Son of God - YaHshua (meaning - YaH saves).
He often said, "I come in my Father's name."
They don't know.....How it was pronounced but whatever you want to think.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Apr 12

Well as has been discussed and it is the accepted name almost the world over and is the one most use if their not confused with Jesus.
The scripture clearly says in oreder to be saved one has to call on the name of the LORD, Jehovah and must put faith in his son Jesus our acting Lord.
So if one does not understand the differance of the two beings the ...[text shortened]... tting into jeopardy their understanding of them and possibly their future life's into question.
That's fine but .......The YHWH is not known how it's actually pronounced. It is dishonest to say that YHWH= Jehovah in the truest sense. Just the same as RJ thinks it's Yah like hallelujah but the pronunciation is not known. Jehovah may represent the YHWH but it's not the true pronunciation

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Apr 12

They don't know.....How it was pronounced but whatever you want to think.

Manny
I know, so why should they not know?

Moves
20 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I know, so why should they not know?
You don't know, you believe.

There is a difference.

For starters to be able to claim that you know it you have to be able to show that you know it.

So go ahead, prove to us that you know how people pronounced a word 2000+ years ago.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Apr 12

That's fine but .......The YHWH is not known how it's actually pronounced. It is dishonest to say that YHWH= Jehovah in the truest sense. Just the same as RJ thinks it's Yah like hallelujah but the pronunciation is not known. Jehovah may represent the YHWH but it's not the true pronunciation

Manny
But yet you use "Jesus" as god's sons name don't you? Why use one that we don't really know how it's pronounced in the English language but yet you use another one?
Could it be because it conflicts with the trinity and just can't work? It's like a lie that one tells. Once you start a lie as with the trinity then all kinds of problems start to happen.

F

Moves
21 Apr 12

Yes you don't seem to understand that the printed page can be used as one of God's avenues to teach. It's been done since the ten commandments. All the bible writters were used by God to write the Bible. So since he has used humans before, why can't he use them now? Do you have some special insight from God that he does not do that anymore?
* BUMP * for galveston75

Are you saying that the employees of the JW organisation who write The Watchtower and Awake! are divinely inspired in the same way you believe the bible's writers were?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
[b]* BUMP * for galveston75

Are you saying that the employees of the JW organisation who write The Watchtower and Awake! are divinely inspired in the same way you believe the bible's writers were?[/b]
Yes we do. What they are used for is not to write another Bible but God inspired bible aids. God has always used humans in one form or another to bring us God's thoughts and guidelines.
Is there any reason or proof that you may have that he still does not do that?

F

Moves
21 Apr 12

Yes we do. What they are used for is not to write another Bible but God inspired bible aids. God has always used humans in one form or another to bring us God's thoughts and guidelines. Is there any reason or proof that you may have that he still does not do that?
You are asking me to PROVE that the employees of the JW organisation who write The Watchtower are NOT inspired by God in the same way as the writers of the Holy Bible are claimed to have been?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
You are asking me to PROVE that the employees of the JW organisation who write The Watchtower are NOT inspired by God in the same way as the writers of the Holy Bible are claimed to have been?
Why not as I know you have total doubt that they do....

F

Moves
21 Apr 12

Why not as I know you have total doubt that they do....
Are the writings of all members of the JW organisation similarly divinely inspired?