interpretation

interpretation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
do you get the logic of what your saying? Your actually right in the sense that God has more than one name. You can call him almighty God or any of the names that give Him his honor. The bible says actually that there is one name under heaven by which men can be saved and I believe it is Jesus but I'm sure Jesus is pronounced many ways in different languages.

Manny
Perhaps you missed the point in the scripture that was quoted in my previous post where with Jesus's own words he was speaking about, not himself, but his Father when he said:

In view of Jesus’ condemnation of Pharisaic traditions (Mt 15:1-9), it would be highly unreasonable to conclude that Jesus and his disciples let Pharisaic ideas (such as are recorded in the Mishnah) govern them in this matter. Jesus’ own name means “Jehovah Is Salvation.” He stated: “I have come in the name of my Father” (Joh 5:43); he taught his followers to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified” (Mt 6:9); his works, he said, were done “in the name of my Father” (Joh 10:25); and, in prayer on the night of his death, he said he had made his Father’s name manifest to his disciples and asked, “Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name” (Joh 17:6, 11, 12, 26).

So the point that you keep missing is Jehovah is the supreme and Almighty God who has the finale say in all things including our salvation and includiing anything that his son Jesus does.
Did not Jesus say that "he does nothing of his own accord but of his Father's will who sent him"? What does that mean Manny??????? Who does Jesus answer too? Not himself but to whom? His Father Jehovah.
So now the scripture you quoted is true that we do gain salvation thru Jesus BECAUSE his Father that he answers to is allowing Jesus to be our Judge along with the chosen ones from earth that were human who will serve with Jesus to judge all humans.
But......get this point Manny, Jesus and the other judges are only in that position because JEHOVAH GOD, Jesus's Father is allowing them this privaledge to do this.
Jehovah does not have to let anyone do this as he is the supreme God and he has all authority to do this. But he has rewarded his son and those chosen ones from earth to do this very specail work.
Jesus remaind fathful as well as these chosen ones, the 144,000 while living on earth and because they were all humans at one time and had experianced first hand the many problems that humans have suffered thru for our entire history. Thus all would have had real true life experiances as humans and the compassion that will be needed to judge us.
So this is why Jesus is now allowed by his Father Jehovah to be our saviour. BUT get the point here.....Jesus still answers to his Father and always will just as we all do.

An example is the President of the USA would have the finale word on just about everything in this country if he decided too. But there has been a legal system set up here where we have judges to dispence and inforce the laws we have. But it is not the President that actually sits on the seat in the court rooms but it is the judges that do this. The President could in some fashion if I understand law and his power do this, I could be wrong, but the point is he relys on the judges to do the judging, does he not? This is what Jehovah is allowing his son to do. It will be up to Jesus if we are found to be worthy to gain salvation along with the 144,000 associate judges.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Apr 12

Originally posted by menace71
8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! 9 If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame and are being asked how he was healed, 10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God rais ...[text shortened]... name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Manny Acts 4:12 NASB
The flesh eaters and animal killers religion has fabricated your quotes for you from the animal killers doctrine - so you may continue to mis-lead others with falsity - on the strength of those quotes into false religion and sinful life.

How can the animal killers religion which is not eternal and only recently fabricated by unqualified men..........be authorized.

Please enlighten me.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Along with Howard, David Trobisch and Rolf Furuli both have written on the how the
Tetragrammaton may have been removed from the Greek MSS. In the book
Archaeology and the New Testament, John McRay has also written of 'the possibility that
the New Testament autographs may have retained the divine name in quotations from
the Old Testament.' R ...[text shortened]... some ludicrous translation, Psalm 110 being an
example, 'my lord said to my lord???'.
Jehovah or Jesus (Yahshua) is the Son of God the Father.
In the Psalm 110 example:

The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

The Lord is God the Father
My Lord is Jehovah or Jesus, the Son of God.

Does that clear things up for you?

rc

Moves
24 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds

“Sit at My right hand,

Please don't insult my intelligence Jonah Blinds, you have no idea what you are talking about .

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Please don't insult my intelligence Jonah Blinds, you have no idea what you are talking about .
Isn't the Son of God, the Lord Jesus the Christ sitting at the
right hand of God the Father in Heaven right now?

That is what Psalm 110 is referring to. What else could it be?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Apr 12

“Sit at My right hand,

Absolute sillyness.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Apr 12

Isn't the Son of God, the Lord Jesus the Christ sitting at the
right hand of God the Father in Heaven right now?

That is what Psalm 110 is referring to. What else could it be?
So lets see. They are the same bing but yet seperate. So why does it say one is sitting beside the other one? If they are the same being why just not say: They or it or this godhead thingy is sitting on a thrown? Why is it saying one is sitting beside the others thrown? And why only (2) throwns? Where is the holy spirits thrown? Does he not get to sit or is he not good enough to get his own thrown?

Just a simple answer from you that makes sense will do....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 12

Originally posted by galveston75
So lets see. They are the same bing but yet seperate. So why does it say one is sitting beside the other one? If they are the same being why just not say: They or it or this godhead thingy is sitting on a thrown? Why is it saying one is sitting beside the others thrown? And why only (2) throwns? Where is the holy spirits thrown? Does he not get to sit or ...[text shortened]... ood enough to get his own thrown?

Just a simple answer from you that makes sense will do....
Jesus and Peter and others referred to this same verse and one of the two

called Lord is Christ. Christ himself said He would be sitting on the right

hand of Power. At the time of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came upon
the
people and they spoke in other tongues, Peter says to the crowd,

"This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. Therefore
having been exalted to the right hand
of God, and having received from the
Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured fourth this which you
both see and hear. For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he
himself says:

[b]'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand until I make thine enemies
a footstool for thy feet."'

Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him
both Lord and Christ -- this Jesus whom you crucified."

(Acts 2:32-36 NASB)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Apr 12

Jesus and Peter and others referred to this same verse and one of the two

called Lord is Christ. Christ himself said He would be sitting on the right

hand of Power. At the time of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came upon
the
people and they spoke in other tongues, Peter says to the crowd,

"This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all wit ...[text shortened]... s made Him
both Lord and Christ -- this Jesus whom you crucified."

(Acts 2:32-36 NASB)
You didn't answer a thing. Try again.....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 12

You didn't answer a thing. Try again.....
Peter answered it. You already know what Jesus said about it,
for I have quoted Jesus over and over. Who is the Lord on the
right hand of the other Lord? Every one in the new testament
says it is Christ, even the Pharisees. They just did not believe
Jesus was the Christ. You have a big advantage over them if
you will use yor brain and stop paying attention to the Watchtower.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Apr 12

Peter answered it. You already know what Jesus said about it,
for I have quoted Jesus over and over. Who is the Lord on the
right hand of the other Lord? Every one in the new testament
says it is Christ, even the Pharisees. They just did not believe
Jesus was the Christ. You have a big advantage over them if
you will use yor brain and stop paying attention to the Watchtower.
Your so mixed up it's really sad. You claim Jesus is God but yet you say he sits at his right hand. Who's right hand? Himself? It takes TWO different beings to sit on TWO different thrones. One being cannot sit at two different places at the same time and next to each other and one being in subjection to the other if they are the same being or what ever mixed up ideas you have today.
Do you even read the same english language the rest of us do? Apparently not....

And you still refuse " out of ignorance I asume" to answer why the holy spirit is no where to be seen.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 12

Your so mixed up it's really sad. You claim Jesus is God but yet you say he sits at his right hand. Who's right hand? Himself? It takes TWO different beings to sit on TWO different thrones. One being cannot sit at two different places at the same time and next to each other and one being in subjection to the other if they are the same being or what ever ...[text shortened]... ill refuse " out of ignorance I asume" to answer why the holy spirit is no where to be seen.
I am only explaining what the Holy Bible is saying and there are many Christians
that see it the same way. I can not understand how God can do all
these miraculous things, but don't forget He is God and beyond our
understanding.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Apr 12

I am only explaining what the Holy Bible is saying and there are many Christians
that see it the same way. I can not understand how God can do all
these miraculous things, but don't forget He is God and beyond our
understanding.
And the Bible clearly says he is "ONE" God. That is very easy to understand unless ones like yourself lets Satan throw in confusion and man made doctrines and makes ones like yourself not see what is clearly stated in the Bible. NO where does it ever say God is a multiple faced God or some 3 in 1 being....ever.
All these discussions we've had and yet you have not proved anything and then you usually say something like you just did here which is "we just don't know". That's nothing but bull.....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 12

And the Bible clearly says he is "ONE" God. That is very easy to understand unless ones like yourself lets Satan throw in confusion and man made doctrines and makes ones like yourself not see what is clearly stated in the Bible. NO where does it ever say God is a multiple faced God or some 3 in 1 being....ever.
All these discussions we've had and yet y ...[text shortened]... ething like you just did here which is "we just don't know". That's nothing but bull.....
Well, we do know that God is called the Father, and the Son, and the
Holy Spirit.
Christ Jesus is a man and He is also the Son of God,
which makes the Son both son of man and Son of God. Jesus is both
man and God.
We know the Holy Bible says there is only one true
God
and many false gods. However, we are told of the Holy Spirit,
who is called God, has characteristics just like a person.
We
also are told that Jesus is the one that created all things and also
that God created all things.
In the beginning God said let US make
man in OUR image and then we are told man was made in the image
of God. Jesus claims to have powers only God should have and He
even claims He would raise Himself from the dead after three days.

Then we are told God raised Jesus from the dead. It goes on and
on. So when we try to consolidate and put these all together to
make sense of it all, we come up with 3 persons who makeup this
one God. However, Jesus is spoken of as having the fullness of
the Godhead in Him bodily.
Who can really understand it all?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Apr 12

Well, we do know that [b]God is called the Father, and the Son, and the
Holy Spirit.
Christ Jesus is a man and He is also the Son of God,
which makes the Son both son of man and Son of God. Jesus is both
man and God.
We know the Holy Bible says there is only one true
God
and many false gods. However, we are told of the Holy Spir ...[text shortened]... of as having the fullness of
the Godhead in Him bodily.
Who can really understand it all?[/b]
Lol..... Your thoughts only and very paganistic at that. There is NO such teaching in the Bible anywhere no matter how much you want it to be.
I could care less what you believe but it is such a sin against God himself to portray him as something different then what he is and who his son is and you can't even explain it. So how in the world could you ever be approved by God to be a teacher of the Bible to anyone.
As I said before if you can't understand the Bible and explain in a clear and truthful way, that should give you a clear clue that God is not letting you see it.
Why is that I ask?????????????

And who is "we" that know this? In your far out explinations I haven't seen anyone here that agrees with you on much of anything.