1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 11:38
    @eladar said
    If I make this claim...

In all the world you will find short people. Short people can be recognized by being an adult less than 5 feet tall.

Does this claim say that all the people around the world when adults are less than 5 feet tall? I do not think so, but perhaps some around here do. I am just wondering.
    Perhaps if you made the claim that ‘in all the world you will find ONLY short people’
    Or
    ‘in all the world you will ONLY find short people’
    Then you would have claimed something disputable.
    But you did not did you?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 12:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No, I am not saying that. I was explaining what Paul himself meant.

As an atheist, my belief is that God does not exist and therefore nobody has His law written on their hearts. (Obviously). This however doesn't prevent me from understanding the Bible on an academic level.
    What he meant but did not wrote. You are quite the mind reader.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 12:40
    @kevcvs57 said
    Perhaps if you made the claim that ‘in all the world you will find ONLY short people’
    Or
    ‘in all the world you will ONLY find short people’
    Then you would have claimed something disputable.
    But you did not did you?
    Only if someone claims I meant to write it the way you wrote.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 12:43
    @eladar said
    What he meant but did not wrote. You are quite the mind reader.
    The meaning can be ascertained from what he wrote. It appears you struggle unless things are spelled out to you like a child.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 15:05
    @eladar said
    Only if someone claims I meant to write it the way you wrote.
    I wrote it exactly the way you wrote it but added the word only. Your retarded claim that your original quote could be construed as everyone in the world is short should be treated with contempt or pity or both.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 15:11
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The meaning can be ascertained from what he wrote. It appears you struggle unless things are spelled out to you like a child.
    If you read what he wrote and only what he wrote then yes.

If you try to say he also added other stuff but forgot to mention it then you are adding to the Bible.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 15:12
    @kevcvs57 said
    I wrote it exactly the way you wrote it but added the word only. Your retarded claim that your original quote could be construed as everyone in the world is short should be treated with contempt or pity or both.
    Yes, you added to it, changing the meaning which was never intended by the person who wrote it.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    27 Aug '21 09:58
    @eladar said
    Yes, you added to it, changing the meaning which was never intended by the person who wrote it.
    Yes you idiot I’m pointing out why the passage you quoted cannot be construed as claiming that EVERYONE in the world is short because the author would have to add the word ONLY to the passage in order to be making that claim.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '21 10:231 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yes you idiot I’m pointing out why the passage you quoted cannot be construed as claiming that EVERYONE in the world is short because the author would have to add the word ONLY to the passage in order to be making that claim.
    Well then, you helped make my point. Thank you. I was agreeing with you.

Ghost and others disagree. Very strange spirit within them.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    27 Aug '21 14:38
    @eladar said
    Well then, you helped make my point. Thank you. I was agreeing with you.

Ghost and others disagree. Very strange spirit within them.
    Where’s the discombobulated emoji when you need it 😟
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '21 14:441 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Where’s the discombobulated emoji when you need it 😟
    Your position is that if I say 2+2=4, then I am also saying 2+2=75.5 because I did not say only equals?

I can see saying you believe something beyond said because it did not limit, but you take a step too far to say the step beyond is what the statement said.

But hey, Jesus said most people are bound for hell and the Bible is intentionally misleading so most people will not understand it, so good luck.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    27 Aug '21 22:21
    @eladar said
    Your position is that if I say 2+2=4, then I am also saying 2+2=75.5 because I did not say only equals?

I can see saying you believe something beyond said because it did not limit, but you take a step too far to say the step beyond is what the statement said.

But hey, Jesus said most people are bound for hell and the Bible is intentionally misleading so most people will not understand it, so good luck.
    Yeah I give as much credence to the Bible being the actual word of a God as I do to any other religious text being the actual word of a God which is exactly zero. So luck does not really come into it for me.
    That is not to say that they contain zero worth or wisdom, they are simply not worthy of a God.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '21 22:27
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah I give as much credence to the Bible being the actual word of a God as I do to any other religious text being the actual word of a God which is exactly zero. So luck does not really come into it for me.
    That is not to say that they contain zero worth or wisdom, they are simply not worthy of a God.
    I mean the Bible was written so that people like you could not understand it.

So keep believing 2+2= 27.385
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Aug '21 06:22
    @eladar said
    I mean the Bible was written so that people like you could not understand it.

So keep believing 2+2= 27.385
    The irony is getting thick in here.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '21 12:42
    @suzianne said
    The irony is getting thick in here.
    So I take it that you believe the genocide described in Deuteronomy 20 is good.

The hypocrisy of claiming Jesus is good, but the God of the Old Testament is evil knows no bounds. It is a reflection of a heart with the spirit of Satan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree