1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 14:22
    If I make this claim...

In all the world you will find short people. Short people can be recognized by being an adult less than 5 feet tall.

Does this claim say that all the people around the world when adults are less than 5 feet tall? I do not think so, but perhaps some around here do. I am just wondering.
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 15:22
    Talking with you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out of body experience.

~Bill Watterson
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 16:33
    @eladar said
    If I make this claim...

In all the world you will find short people. Short people can be recognized by being an adult less than 5 feet tall.

Does this claim say that all the people around the world when adults are less than 5 feet tall? I do not think so, but perhaps some around here do. I am just wondering.
    I sincerely hope this an attempt at humor - 😵
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 16:39
    @mchill said
    He's making a weak analogy for the Good vs Evil thread where he lost the argument quite badly and failed to comprehend his own religious text.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 16:441 edit
    @mchill said
    Not at all, this is what some people believe. They believe the claim tells us that all people in the world are short.

Do you agree?
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 16:461 edit
    @eladar said
    Not at all, this is what some people believe. They believe the claim tells us that all people in the world are short.
    Nobody believes that.

Are you on a mission to embarrass yourself in every thread?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 17:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Nobody believes that.

Are you on a mission to embarrass yourself in every thread?
    Why don't you believe it? The claim clearly states All of the World.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 17:13
    How about this claim?

In all the world you can find people with God's truth written in their hearts. You can recognize these people by seeing that they live by God's truth without any instruction.

Do you believe this means everyone in the world has God's truth written in their hearts?
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 17:24
    😴
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 23:08
    Roman's 2:14

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law instinctively perform the requirements of the Law, these, though not having are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts

I suppose this means all Gentiles have the law written in their heart, even though it is only the ones who instinctively follow the law that Paul claims such a thing.

I suppose this means all Gentiles
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 07:271 edit
    @eladar said
    Roman's 2:14

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law instinctively perform the requirements of the Law, these, though not having are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts

I suppose this means all Gentiles have the law written in their heart, even though it is only the ones who instinctively follow the law that Paul claims such a thing.

I suppose this means all Gentiles
    All gentiles have the law written on their hearts. Paul is saying this is shown by those gentiles who instinctively perform the requirements of the Law. (Those gentiles who don't follow the law are not adhering to their conscience).

Paul is basically saying that ignorance of the law is not a defense as all have the law written on their hearts. (And that this is evidenced by those gentiles who follow the law).

Your position that God is selective on the hearts he writes His law on is not scriptural.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 09:521 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    All gentiles have the law written on their hearts. Paul is saying this is shown by those gentiles who instinctively perform the requirements of the Law. (Those gentiles who don't follow the law are not adhering to their conscience).

Paul is basically saying that ignorance of the law is not a defense as all have the law written on their hearts. (And that this is ev ...[text shortened]... law).

Your position that God is selective on the hearts he writes His law on is not scriptural.
    Ok, now I see what you are saying.

All Gentiles have the law in their heart is your belief, not actually what is written in the Bible. I thought you were claiming Paul actually stated your belief in the verse. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have no problem with you believing what ever you wish. I do have a problem with people lying about what th he Bible actually says.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 10:201 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Roman's 2 is about God's judgment being against both Jews and Gentiles. Jews who have the Law and do not follow it as well as Gentiles who do not have the Law and do not follow it. Both will recieve the same judgment.

Those who do follow the Law, both Jews who have the Law and the Gentiles who do it naturally, will be found righteous.

Nothing is in there at all about Gentiles who do not follow the law having the law written in their hearts. This idea is what you have added to the scripture.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 10:351 edit
    @eladar said
    Ok, now I see what you are saying.

All Gentiles have the law in their heart is your belief, not actually what is written in the Bible. I thought you were claiming Paul actually stated your belief in the verse. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have no problem with you believing what ever you wish. I do have a problem with people lying about what th he Bible actually says.
    No, I am not saying that. I was explaining what Paul himself meant.

As an atheist, my belief is that God does not exist and therefore nobody has His law written on their hearts. (Obviously). This however doesn't prevent me from understanding the Bible on an academic level.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 10:39
    @eladar said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Roman's 2 is about God's judgment being against both Jews and Gentiles. Jews who have the Law and do not follow it as well as Gentiles who do not have the Law and do not follow it. Both will recieve the same judgment.

Those who do follow the Law, both Jews who have the Law and the Gentiles who do it naturally, will be found righteous.

Nothing is ...[text shortened]... w the law having the law written in their hearts. This idea is what you have added to the scripture.
    This is incorrect. God's judgment is not against those who don't have the law (as all do) but against those who do not act in accordance with this law.

The idea that God would punish/judge a gentile for not following the law he is not privy to is a nonsense. Think about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree