If God Created the Universe

If God Created the Universe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Are you using the order of creation of Genesis 1, or the order of creation of Genesis of 2? They're contradictory.

If you want a literalist interpretation to be used, you must resolve the contradiction. Throw one or the other out, please, so it is clear what we are assuming.
Go with the first chapter it was set in the proper order. The 2nd chapter has more to do with events verses the creation description.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Go with the first chapter it was set in the proper order. The 2nd chapter has more to do with events verses the creation description.
Let's see if Eladar concurs.

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Are you using the order of creation of Genesis 1, or the order of creation of Genesis of 2? They're contradictory.

If you want a literalist interpretation to be used, you must resolve the contradiction. Throw one or the other out, please, so it is clear what we are assuming.
I am going with the general idea. When Adam was created how old did he look?

When the stars were created. How old did the universe look? How long did it take for the star's light to get here?

You can carry on with other discussions after answering my question.

Of course if you wish to continue being a horses rear, continue as you have been doing.

Read a book!

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
I am going with the general idea. When Adam was created how old did he look?
How old did Adam think he was?

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @handyandy
How old did Adam think he was?
Answer my question first, or be a libtard and refuse to actually answer a question.

Read a book!

Moves
08 Oct 17

Answer my question first, or be a libtard and refuse to actually answer a question.
Your question has no meaning.

rain

Moves
08 Oct 17
4 edits

Any response to this?

What was Adam's physical age when he was created?

Did Adam look like a new born baby?
As has been pointed out to you before, this is not an answerable question. Growing up to become an adult isn't just a matter of being bigger.

A twenty-year-old adult has had wear on his/her body, such as the effect of oxidation on their cells. Their diet would also contribute to this wear, since pretty much all food has some effect on their body, usually both positive and negative to some degree. There's also the effect of years of gravity on their bones and muscles, and aging caused by the sun, radiation hitting earth, and so forth. There's also the effect of microbes, physical work done (or lack of), and on and on.

This is why we can tell when a dwarfed person is an adult or not, despite having the size of the average child. Conversely, a person much taller than the dwarf can still look like a child.

However, a human being that appeared out of nowhere wouldn't look like a regular person, and not just because of the absence of a bellybutton. Adam wouldn't have had any exposure to what causes aging. He would most likely be a completely hairless (unless God decided to add pubes for some reason) being of unknowable age.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Oct 17

If the fridge was just made by God, then it could be possible.
And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt....

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @vivify
As has been pointed out to you before, this is not an answerable question. Growing up to become an adult isn't just a matter of being bigger.

A twenty-year-old adult has had wear on his/her body, such as the effect of oxidation on their cells. Their diet would also contribute to this wear, since pretty much all food has some effect on their body, usua ...[text shortened]... a completely hairless (unless God decided to add pubes for some reason) being of unknowable age.
So you are saying that God would not be aware of natural aging and create a body with such aging in place.

rain

Moves
08 Oct 17
1 edit

So you are saying that God would not be aware of natural aging and create a body with such aging in place.
Adam was intended to live forever, correct? Wasn't it only after the sin that Adam could age and die? So why then, would God create Adam to appear as if he's been exposed to wear and aging?

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

Adam was intended to live forever, correct? Wasn't it only after the sin that Adam could age and die? So why then, would God create Adam to appear as if he's been exposed to aging?
There would be natural aging up until a point.

So you say that Adam would have had a body equivalent to a 20 year old.

rain

Moves
08 Oct 17
2 edits

You're deliberately ignoring everything I mentioned about our body aging due to wear from the elements, gravity Etc.

You're also deliberately ignoring where I said that Adam wouldn't have been exposed to such elements ( gravity, Etc) if he were just made, and wouldn't have any Telltale sign that would give away his age that a normal human who grew up on Earth from the time they were a baby would have.

It seems you're deliberately ignoring these things because you understand that your argument has fallen apart.

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

You're deliberately ignoring everything I mentioned about our body aging due to wear from the elements, gravity Etc.

You're also deliberately ignoring where I said that Adam wouldn't have been exposed to such elements ( gravity, Etc) if he were just made, and wouldn't have any Telltale sign that would give away his age that a normal human who grew up on Earth from the time they were a baby would have.
Of course I am ignoring it since it is irrelevant.

You like to claim that God is a simpleton and would not allow for all aspects. You assume that bodies would be frozen in time. This is just an assumption on your point which is irrelevant.

God created a sky full of stars that could be seen. This again demonstrates a creation with age. The billions of years it would take for light to appear on earth, instantaneously part of creation.

Years to grow a human adult body, instantaneous.

rain

Moves
08 Oct 17

Of course I am ignoring it since it is irrelevant.

You like to claim that God is a simpleton and would not allow for all aspects. You assume that bodies would be frozen in time. This is just an assumption on your point which is irrelevant.

God created a sky full of stars that could be seen. This again demonstrates a creation with age. The billions of ...[text shortened]... on earth, instantaneously part of creation.

Years to grow a human adult body, instantaneous.
So you're saying God created Adam's body to look like it had been exposed to damage and wear from 20 years of living on earth?

Interesting.

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

So you're saying God created Adam's body to look like it had been exposed to damage and wear from 20 years of living on earth?

Interesting.
I said it is possible and likely. In the same way Adam probably had a belly button.

Why would God create natural laws and not follow those laws when creating people and objects?