If God Created the Universe

If God Created the Universe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
The arguments you try to make here are the arguments of a simpleton.

Are you actually being serious? If so, your point of view about the Bible is reflected in your argument. You view the Bible with no repect. You believe those who believe in the Bible are simpletons. Your argument either reflects you or your view of those who believe the Bible. I'll be generous and assume the latter.
Sorry old chap. I was waiting for someone with a brain to answer.

Move along.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
🙂

In Matt 24:37 we have 'days' referring to an era - "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." (While in Genesis 8:22 we have 'day' as the span of human history).

Isiah 9:4 of course uses 'day' to record a memorable event - "For as in the day of Midian’s defeat, you have shattered the yoke that burdens th ...[text shortened]... through on his intention ( Jer 31:35-37 ) '

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/day/
Matt 24:37 Matthew 24:37King James Version (KJV)
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The days of Noah is speaking of all the days of Noah, the word day remains a day.

You'll have to find a verse where it doesn't mean that to have any hope of proving your
point.

E

Moves
07 Oct 17

Sorry old chap. I was waiting for someone with a brain to answer.

Move along.
You mean a brain more like yours.

I understand.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Oct 17

I asked physical age. Would he appear to be 3? Would he appear to be about 8?

I would guess somewhere between 16 and 30.
What I'm trying to say is that in the environment immediately following creation (6 literal days) age was not a value considered, but rather everything was timelessly new and fresh and perfect with a simple yet profound description of "very good" given it all.

E

Moves
07 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @josephw
What I'm trying to say is that in the environment immediately following creation (6 literal days) age was not a value considered, but rather everything was timelessly new and fresh and perfect with a simple yet profound description of "very good" given it all.
I suppose what you are saying is relevant to them, but I am discussing from our modern point of view.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Oct 17

Indeed. People who take the 'days' of creation literally simply don't understand how 'day' is used elsewhere in the bible.
On the contrary, it is you that doesn't understand that the word day in the creation account is a literal day with a morning and an evening associated with it.

Whereas in Daniel the seventy weeks of years is interpreted by its context in that we are told exactly how long that is literally.

You're simply blowing smoke up your own without any real knowledge or understanding of the scriptures or even what you're talking about.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Oct 17

I suppose what you are saying is relevant to them, but I am discussing from our modern point of view.
I get that, but you're asking atheists and evolutionists that scoff at God's Word how old Adam appeared moments after God made him.

Why ask them? They don't know!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Oct 17

🙂

In Matt 24:37 we have 'days' referring to an era - "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." (While in Genesis 8:22 we have 'day' as the span of human history).

Isiah 9:4 of course uses 'day' to record a memorable event - "For as in the day of Midian’s defeat, you have shattered the yoke that burdens th ...[text shortened]... through on his intention ( Jer 31:35-37 ) '

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/day/
You don't even believe in creation yet you quote a view you're will to accept in as long as it contradicts the clear meaning of the genesis account of creation.

That's intellectual muddling.

E

Moves
07 Oct 17

I get that, but you're asking atheists and evolutionists that scoff at God's Word how old Adam appeared moments after God made him.

Why ask them? They don't know!
I ask because their point of view is like yours, when God created everything, everything is fresh and starts aging from there.

I believe this is a faulty assumption.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Oct 17

On the contrary, it is you that doesn't understand that the word day in the creation account is a literal day with a morning and an evening associated with it.

Whereas in Daniel the seventy weeks of years is interpreted by its context in that we are told exactly how long that is literally.

You're simply blowing smoke up your own without any real knowledge or understanding of the scriptures or even what you're talking about.
Cough cough metaphor.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Oct 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
The writer knew what a day was, people simply refuse to acknowledge God's creation.
Do you think the weeks of Daniel 9 are literal?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Oct 17

The arguments you try to make here are the arguments of a simpleton.

Are you actually being serious? If so, your point of view about the Bible is reflected in your argument. You view the Bible with no repect. You believe those who believe in the Bible are simpletons. Your argument either reflects you or your view of those who believe the Bible. I'll be generous and assume the latter.
This is the best you can do? Unfounded insults?

Weak sauce.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Oct 17

You don't even believe in creation yet you quote a view you're will to accept in as long as it contradicts the clear meaning of the genesis account of creation.

That's intellectual muddling.
The OP asked us to assume the creation account is true. Then you come to bash the people willing to play ball?

Ever heard of arguing from hypothesis? You can follow premises to a conclusion even if you don't agree with the premises.

This is basic stuff in logical argumentation.

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

God created each with its age at that moment.
Any response to this?

What was Adam's physical age when he was created?

Did Adam look like a new born baby?

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
The OP asked us to assume the creation account is true. Then you come to bash the people willing to play ball?

Ever heard of arguing from hypothesis? You can follow premises to a conclusion even if you don't agree with the premises.

This is basic stuff in logical argumentation.
Really? You have answered my question about Adam?