"I quit being a Christian...."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
02 Aug 10
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
Wow..you are a truly dark person. Almost scary.
Geesh. Just admit you are a hypocrital, lying, twisted evil human being who sleeps in the bosom of Beelzabub every night so we can get on with our day. Now how hard can that be, hmmm? 😛

c

Moves
02 Aug 10

t
the first step to enlightment is always the most difficult the next one begins with

reading objective history about the world in which we live. each of us were born into a
family. whatevcer the family believed is what we were classified as believing as well i was born achild of christian parents ,for many years during my youth i was achr4istian later irealized that i was not really one . if i had been born to muslim parents everyone would think that that i too was a muslim, i am no longer a child, iknow who i am and ihave had the opportuniy to define myself ,

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
It means people like you, and whodey, and the various other fundamentalist Christians are people who she in no way wants to be associated with.
I doublt that, since she doesn't know me from Adam, she wanted to quit something
so she did, her church. Since I'm not part of that church, I'll again say, who cares?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 10

More than that. She finds your interpretations of Jesus to be repulsive and twisted.
Ann Rice comes here and reads our posts on that topic and goes away thinking
that? Who knew!?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 10

Originally posted by whodey
Well, other than that I'm not so bad.

BTW: Is she standing right behind you telling you what she thinks of me? 😲
Yea, did she mention me too, what does Ann say about me? 🙂
Kelly

w

Moves
02 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
Nope, your a Christian so she hates you as well. Sorry mate.

Z

Moves
02 Aug 10

Kelly
are you anti-feminist, anti-gay, anti - birth control, supporting the leniency with which the catholic church treats proven pedophile priests but excomunicates that nun who approved and abortion to save a woman's life? do you believe that science is the work of the devil if it contradicts the bible?

if you answered no to all of those questions then annie doesn't have a problem with you and isn't refering to your kind of christian.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
02 Aug 10

Not sure what she is quiting, since being in Christ is being a Christian.
Kelly
By that argument Muslims are Christian.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Aug 10

Originally posted by bbarr
This just in: Silly author, out of depth, has opinion...

I can't believe NPR reported this.
True, that. But then again, NPR always prides itself on being cutting-edge.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
03 Aug 10

By that argument Muslims are Christian.
Come on, do you really think KellyJay is a fundamentalist? Have you read his posts? He is devout, but he is also tolerant and kind. Love the sinner, hate the sin. But doesn't even judge people on the basis of their sins. He has repeatedly said that the state of a man is between him and God, and that only God can judge. You really think Anne Rice had this sort of perspective in mind? If so, then the proper response among Christians like KellyJay is "Good riddance!".

Z

Moves
03 Aug 10

Z

Moves
03 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
But God did many times in the Bible and even destroyed 2 cities because of it. It would seem to me one would reason since Jesus said nothing on the subject then God's laws stands as is... Why would you think differently as it is an abhorent and disgusting practice to God.
"But God loves us all" is what I know your going to come back with and yes he doe ...[text shortened]... hates then your life is in danger of his judgement just as was the case in those two cities.
he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for being a-holes who occasionally engaged in sodomy as well. if you remember correctly, one of their achievements was to want to rape the first stranger they see (the angels). the fact that lot offered his daughters instead is ... best left for another time where we discuss the evils of the bible.
they were murderers, fornicators, probably stole from one another and basically every other sin conceivable.

we are talking about monogamous love between 2 men or 2 women. do you believe that the god of love would object to 2 men loving each other, being faithful to one another, maybe even being good christians, maybe even raising 1 or 2 kids?

F

Moves
03 Aug 10

Come on, do you really think KellyJay is a fundamentalist?
Yes.

g

Moves
03 Aug 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[quote] For those who care, and I understand if you don't: [b]Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being "Christian" or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to "belong" to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten ...years, I've t ...[text shortened]... Anne Rice has had her eyes opened to the hypocrisy that is Christianity.

Comments?[/b]
I sure am glad I'm not part of any groups like that. Sounds horrible.

w

Moves
03 Aug 10

Come on, do you really think KellyJay is a fundamentalist? Have you read his posts? He is devout, but he is also tolerant and kind. Love the sinner, hate the sin. But doesn't even judge people on the basis of their sins. He has repeatedly said that the state of a man is between him and God, and that only God can judge. You really think Anne Rice had this ...[text shortened]... in mind? If so, then the proper response among Christians like KellyJay is "Good riddance!".
So fundamentalists are incapable of being the same way?