1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 01:38
    @bigdoggproblem said
    How do you deflect the passage, "23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," hmmm?
    Evidently you still have absolutely no idea what my position is: I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Seems you are quoting from the Book of Romans which is from Paul's theology rather than the gospel preached by Jesus.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 01:461 edit
    @secondson said
    John 14:16,17
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

What you said above is not said by the scriptures. No where in chapter 14 does Jesu ...[text shortened]... en they were indwelt by the Spirit after they believed. Not after they kept any commandments.
    Did you ignore what Jesus was saying in the following like KJ?

John 14
    15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...

The concept is simple. It's a conditional which Jesus expressed three different ways. Surely you must be able to understand at least one of them?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 02:38
    @bigdoggproblem said
    How do you deflect the passage, "23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," hmmm?
    This is an easy one. All have sinned means that nobody can saved themselves. Jesus saves. The problem is that Christians focus on the professions of faith [mouth worship] as the only way to Christ. Unfortunately that is something Christ never said. Christ's focus was good works and following of commandments as the way to Him and the way to the Kingdom of God.

All have fallen short yes.
    All who profess faith will not necessarily be saved by Christ
    All who do good works [in Christ's estimation], will get eternal life.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 06:16
    @Rajk999 @ThinkOfOne

Pretenders posting in a spirituality forum. Not really believers or followers of Jesus. It's obvious you're lying.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 07:46
    @thinkofone said

John 14
    15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and w ...[text shortened]... ch Jesus expressed three different ways. Surely you must be able to understand at least one of them?
    When Jesus said he was sent by God, was he correct?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 07:46
    @rajk999 said
    This is an easy one. All have sinned means that nobody can saved themselves. Jesus saves. The problem is that Christians focus on the professions of faith [mouth worship] as the only way to Christ. Unfortunately that is something Christ never said. Christ's focus was good works and following of commandments as the way to Him and the way to the Kingdom of God.

All have fal ...[text shortened]... cessarily be saved by Christ
    All who do good works [in Christ's estimation], will get eternal life.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 07:51
    @thinkofone said
    Evidently you still have absolutely no idea what my position is: I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
    But what meaning is there in that if you have stripped away the divinity of Jesus? Aren't you simply referencing the gospel preached by just another human being whose words struck a chord with you?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 12:50
    @divegeester said
    Yes. Why?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 12:561 edit
    @secondson said
    @Rajk999 @ThinkOfOne

Pretenders posting in a spirituality forum. Not really believers or followers of Jesus. It's obvious you're lying.
    I guess that is your way of conceding. You and your church follow Jesus with your mouth and pay lip service to His teachings. Therefore when confronted with the truth you are amazed and shocked.

Your born again doctrine that you claim is critical was stated by Jesus to Nicodemus only in a private meeting. Neither Jesus nor Paul mentioned your born again doctrine while preaching to the many thousands that heard them.

If indeed you re born again as Jesus said, then you will be a spirit being able to move like the wind. I bet you cannot.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 13:02
    @rajk999 said
    Yes. Why?
    I’m checking if you belief that God exists and that Jesus was sent by him.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 13:07
    @divegeester said
    I’m checking if you belief that God exists and that Jesus was sent by him.
    OK. cool. I do.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 13:14
    @thinkofone said

John 14
    15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and w ...[text shortened]... ch Jesus expressed three different ways. Surely you must be able to understand at least one of them?
    You should read the whole chapter, for that matter the whole book, for that matter the whole Bible.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 13:57
    @kellyjay said
    You should read the whole chapter, for that matter the whole book, for that matter the whole Bible.
    It is truly amazing that you would say that when the same statement was repeated by Jesus several times, in that chapter and the next

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (John 14:15-16 KJV)

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21 KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (John 14:23-24 KJV)

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:10 KJV)

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. (John 15:13-14 KJV)

How many times does Jesus have to say it. Jesus started off his ministry in Matt 5 with the Sermon on the Mount. It is full of commandments which must be followed, and at the end of that sermon Jesus said that the man who hears Him and does not obey these commandments, that man is a fool.

You continually resist the doctrine of Christ, and instead promote the doctrine of your church. According to Christ you are a fool.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 14:15
    @rajk999 said
    It is truly amazing that you would say that when the same statement was repeated by Jesus several times, in that chapter and the next

[i]If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (John 14:15-16 KJV)

[b]He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that ...[text shortened]... rine of Christ, and instead promote the doctrine of your church. According to Christ you are a fool.
    It is due to God’s grace we can come to God, your gospel has us earning our way to God. We come to God because He justifies us so we can abide in Him. If we have to be good enough before He receives us, we will never get close enough to abide in Him.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '19 14:33
    @kellyjay said
    It is due to God’s grace we can come to God, your gospel has us earning our way to God. We come to God because He justifies us so we can abide in Him. If we have to be good enough before He receives us, we will never get close enough to abide in Him.
    Like I said, that is the doctrine of your church.
    Nowhere did Jesus Christ say any such thing.

Jesus says you are a fool.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree