1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 23:58
    @rajk999 said
    If you need someone to illustrate what good works to do then your heart is not with Christ and Christ is not in you.
    What was that?

I didn't hear any examples. Just one. Surely they must be legion.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 00:06
    @rajk999 said
    If you need someone to illustrate what good works to do then your heart is not with Christ and Christ is not in you.
    I know what good works are and I am not even a Christian. I don't need to pry into your private life in order to find out what Christian good works are.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 00:30
    @whodey said
    Apostates have knowledge, but no application of that knowledge. They can be found in the presence of the light of Christ, mostly in the church, among God’s people. Judas Iscariot is the perfect example—he had knowledge but he lacked true faith. No other rejector of the truth had more or better exposure to the love and grace of God than Judas. He was part of Jesus’ inner circle ...[text shortened]... orld has ever known, and yet he not only turned away but was instrumental in the plot to kill Jesus.
    Great post. Yes the apostates are the perfect example. And is it is up to Jehovah and his son Jesus to decide. Humans can guess or pass judgement but only Jehovah and his son Jesus decide as they are the reader of hearts.
    But if one has learned the truths in the bible it is very important that one follows them because one's life could hang in the balance when that time comes that they read your heart.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 02:41
    @fmf said
    I know what good works are and I am not even a Christian. I don't need to pry into your private life in order to find out what Christian good works are.
    These types of Christians are truly disgraceful.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 02:461 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Great post. Yes the apostates are the perfect example. And is it is up to Jehovah and his son Jesus to decide. Humans can guess or pass judgement but only Jehovah and his son Jesus decide as they are the reader of hearts.
    But if one has learned the truths in the bible it is very important that one follows them because one's life could hang in the balance when that time comes that they read your heart.
    Nonsense. There are no truths that anyone need to know. Jesus described in crystal clear language the type of person who would be cast out of the kingdom of God. It has nothing to do with what you are carrying on about.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 02:54
    @fmf said
    My point isn't what Christian good works are. It's what his Christian good works are. He's shouted to the rooftops in here for far too long without providing one shred of evidence that he himself adheres to his professed 'doctrine'.

"Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind here. If you weren't so eager to get his support in your attacks on Christians here perhaps you'd show the same unbelief towards his talk without actions that you have shown in the past for their talk with actions.

Your own doctrine seems to be, when entering a room carrying rocks, it seems prudent not to anger the other guy in the room who is also carrying rocks.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 02:592 edits
    @suzianne said
    My point isn't what Christian good works are. It's what his Christian good works are. He's shouted to the rooftops in here for far too long without providing one shred of evidence that he himself adheres to his professed 'doctrine'.

"Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind here. If you weren't so eager to get his support in your attacks on Christians here ...[text shortened]... carrying rocks, it seems prudent not to anger the other guy in the room who is also carrying rocks.
    Since when people on an internet chat site who are discussing the teachings of Christ need to post their personal details.

What Jesus said does not change. Maybe my posts are falling in your garden.

I have no interest in your personal life so please spare us the details of what you do.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 03:08
    @suzianne said
    My point isn't what Christian good works are. It's what his Christian good works are.
    How is it any of your business? He doesn't need to talk about it in order to discuss theology [with regard to works and faith] with the people who self-identify as Christians here.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 03:12
    @suzianne said
    "Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind here.
    It comes to your mind because you are trying to sidestep the discussion of theology. He doesn't need you to discuss what you do - and so he doesn't ask you about. He doesn't need to discuss what he does because the issue for him is theology.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 03:14
    @suzianne said
    Your own doctrine seems to be, when entering a room carrying rocks, it seems prudent not to anger the other guy in the room who is also carrying rocks.
    My own doctrine is to aim for the heart of the matter and make the observations and ask the questions that take you there as directly as possible.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 05:19
    @galveston75 said
    Is it possible to learn the truths in the Bible and follow them in one’s heart thereby ensuring that one’s life does not hang in the balance, without being a member of the Jehovah’s Witness organisation?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 06:01
    @divegeester said
    Is it possible to learn the truths in the Bible and follow them in one’s heart thereby ensuring that one’s life does not hang in the balance, without being a member of the Jehovah’s Witness organisation?
    Oh no. One just has to sit and listen to your empty post and life will be grand!!!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 06:07
    @galveston75 said
    Oh no. One just has to sit and listen to your empty post and life will be grand!!!
    Your repeated but very interesting dodging of simple, yet laser-beamed questions designed to to highlight the cultish nature of your religious sect, is noted.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 14:59
    @divegeester said
    Your repeated but very interesting dodging of simple, yet laser-beamed questions designed to to highlight the cultish nature of your religious sect, is noted.
    You can triple note it if it makes you happy!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 07:40
    @galveston75 said
    You can triple note it if it makes you happy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree