1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 18:25
    I'm not a big fan or student of religion
    but how many times can the slate be wiped clean?
    can one commit sin after sin and then ask for forgiveness?
    if the answer is unlimited then heaven must be full of really wicked souls
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 19:07
    @lemondrop said
    That is purely up to God through Christ. Christians who claim to know whether or not they are forgiven once, twice or a hundred times are deluding themselves. Paul makes this clear here and in several other passages :

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV)
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 19:25
    @lemondrop said
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 19:27
    @lemondrop said
    Then why are you here, asking this question?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 19:31
    @Rajk999

Well there ya go.

King David, Saint Peter, they are all in hell.

Nicely done.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 19:38
    @whodey said
    @Rajk999

Well there ya go.

King David, Saint Peter, they are all in hell.

Nicely done.
    You must be related to sonship and second son. None of you people have a good grasp of the English language and you all have poor reading comprehension skills. Go get some lessons.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 20:26
    @rajk999 said
    You must be related to sonship and second son. None of you people have a good grasp of the English language and you all have poor reading comprehension skills. Go get some lessons.
    Apostates have knowledge, but no application of that knowledge. They can be found in the presence of the light of Christ, mostly in the church, among God’s people. Judas Iscariot is the perfect example—he had knowledge but he lacked true faith. No other rejector of the truth had more or better exposure to the love and grace of God than Judas. He was part of Jesus’ inner circle of disciples, eating, sleeping, and traveling with Him for years. He saw the miracles and heard the words of God from Jesus’ very lips, from the best preacher the world has ever known, and yet he not only turned away but was instrumental in the plot to kill Jesus.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 20:47
    @whodey said
    Apostates have knowledge, but no application of that knowledge. They can be found in the presence of the light of Christ, mostly in the church, among God’s people. Judas Iscariot is the perfect example—he had knowledge but he lacked true faith. No other rejector of the truth had more or better exposure to the love and grace of God than Judas. He was part of Jesus’ inner circle ...[text shortened]... orld has ever known, and yet he not only turned away but was instrumental in the plot to kill Jesus.
    Faith without works is DEAD FAITH. You and your type of Christians do not believe in, neihter do you do good works as commanded by Christ [you said that is trying to earn your salvation], and worse of all you condemn those who preach about doing good works referring to them using derogatory names. The enemies of Christ are your type.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 23:22
    @lemondrop said
    Filled with wicked souls? You seem to be overlooking the sanctification of the Holy Spirit in the lives of those in Christ.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 23:541 edit
    @lemondrop

Would you save some of us some time and plainly state it if your intention is to remain ignorant?

Just tell me - "At the end of the day I intend to leave with the same stupid ideas I came with."

Or "I really would like someone to explain this."

Which are we working with?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 00:03
    @sonship said
    @lemondrop

Would you save some of us some time and plainly state it if your intention is to remain ignorant?

Just tell me - "At the end of the day I intend to leave with the same stupid ideas I came with."

Just spam him with long tranches of copy-pasted stuff and see if he recognizes you as an authority.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 12:582 edits
    @FMF

Notice the phrase "some of us".

"Us" refers to any believer here knowledgeable about it.
    I didn't lock him into ME only.

And since you were the Forum's famous failed once upon a time Christian you could at least give him an answer on what your cloudy backslidden memory recalls from those days.

Or whatever. Don't bother explaining yourself to me.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 07:461 edit
    @sonship said
    @lemondrop

If he asked you a question he’d probably be waiting for the rest of his life for a straight answer...
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 10:36
    @rajk999 said
    Faith without works is DEAD FAITH. You and your type of Christians do not believe in, neihter do you do good works as commanded by Christ [you said that is trying to earn your salvation], and worse of all you condemn those who preach about doing good works referring to them using derogatory names. The enemies of Christ are your type.
    Why don't you provide us with an illustration from your own life of the good works you do in order to "follow Christ"?

You know, to really show us what you mean, show us examples from your own life. Surely, there must be many.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 10:50
    @suzianne said
    Why don't you provide us with an illustration from your own life of the good works you do in order to "follow Christ"?

You know, to really show us what you mean, show us examples from your own life. Surely, there must be many.
    If you need someone to illustrate what good works to do then your heart is not with Christ and Christ is not in you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree