How many here would vote for the ungod virus?

How many here would vote for the ungod virus?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
04 Aug 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
you missed the point. he was arguing that religion is the root of all evil. in this particular post, religion is the cause of overconsumerism and the social inequality. so i countered with a challenge to find where in the bible does god support that. my position is that on the countrary, christianity at the least suggests an equal distribution of goods, a m ...[text shortened]... ng the bible is the sole source of evil, i was disproving a false notion he has about religion.
And you totally missed my point.
If religion is the cause of something, it does not follow that the Bible will say so, so your 'counter' holds no water. Even your claim that Christianity suggests something contrary does not in any way show that Christianity does not, in fact result in what he was claiming. We all know perfectly well that a religions teachings and the actions of a religions followers are usually quite different.

Lastly, I said nothing about the Bible being 'the sole source of evil'. I really don't know where you got that from. You probably misread my post.

j

Moves
04 Aug 11
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
So in your estimation, suppose such a program was implemented and the god part of the brain turned into general intelligence use by the brain, adding to the intelligence of people instead of producing the sensation of feeling entities like the experiments with the 'god helmet' shows.

What would the result be? Would we become a civilization of zombies? W ...[text shortened]... hy or some other trait like that in the brain?

Would life as we know it suddenly end? What?
=================================
So in your estimation, suppose such a program was implemented and the god part of the brain turned into general intelligence use by the brain, adding to the intelligence of people instead of producing the sensation of feeling entities like the experiments with the 'god helmet' shows.
===================================

Other than make you "feel better" I see no profit in your idea.

And why stop there? Say we locate where in the brain you deal with your finances. If you have money problems lets inject some steriods into the part of your brain. Better still lets cut out the part of the brain where sexual lust is activated and see if we can cut down on some rapes.

Maybe the little section of brain where disobedience to parents is located can be sliced out to get some more obedient children. Maybe we can locate the greed sector, the self pity sector, the unfaithfulness sector, the cowardice in battle sector, the lying sector, the laziness sector and take a scapple to those portions of the brain too.

I think the tragedy of people who reject the love of the truth of God is that one day they will chase after a REAL lie.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
04 Aug 11

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
04 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
There are no disastrous unforeseen consequences. The consequences are
foreseen and spelled out in the Holy Bible. Just pick up one and read it
and get educated.
This post (and the bible) means nothing to me, therefore irrelevant.

You might as well have said to pick up the Koran or the Bhagavad Gita and get educated.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by lausey
This post (and the bible) means nothing to me, therefore irrelevant.

You might as well have said to pick up the Koran or the Bhagavad Gita and get educated.
No, I would not say that. Those books are inspired by Satan.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
As I've pointed out to Dasa *numerous* times, in the original Hebrew, the word was murder. Thou shalt not murder. This is not contradictory. Murder is a sin. Killing in war, killing for food, killing in self-defense is not.

Despite your facetiousness, this world is a test. How we act here and the decisions we make here determine our future (or a lac ...[text shortened]... but for your soul. You only have to make the decision of your own Free Will. Choose wisely.
Wow Suzianne, you made me so afraid that I am now going to convert to your God of Fear. Cower soon, cower early.

Z

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
And you totally missed my point.
If religion is the cause of something, it does not follow that the Bible will say so, so your 'counter' holds no water. Even your claim that Christianity suggests something contrary does not in any way show that Christianity does not, in fact result in what he was claiming. We all know perfectly well that a religions teac ...[text shortened]... source of evil'. I really don't know where you got that from. You probably misread my post.
no i didn't misread your post. i was arguing with sonhouse. you butted in the conversation without having any context and you just posted an unrelated opinion.

HE, SONHOUSE, says christianity (and all religions) are causing overconsumerism and social inequality. so i told HIM that if anything, jesus promotes the opposites. there was an example that at least a religion (and i chose christianity because i am more familiar with it) doesn't follow his preconception.

"Even your claim that Christianity suggests something contrary does not in any way show that Christianity does not, in fact result in what he was claiming"

yes it does. if christianity suggests something and some people do the opposite, that doesn't follow that christianity is responsible for that. it would be like me telling you not to eat too much chocolate or you will get fat then you blaming me for getting fat after eating too much chocolate

"We all know perfectly well that a religions teachings and the actions of a religions followers are usually quite different."
so you do get some of my points. glad you figured out that. i fail to see how the teachings are flawed or responsible for the so called followers not bloody following them.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by Palynka
Wow Suzianne, you made me so afraid that I am now going to convert to your God of Fear. Cower soon, cower early.
Darn, I was actually hoping you'd just pee your pants instead. 😛

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Darn, I was actually hoping you'd just pee your pants instead. 😛
That goes without saying. Luckily, I was wearing my Pampers...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by Palynka
That goes without saying. Luckily, I was wearing my Pampers...
Hope it wasn't too long a drive....

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 11

qOriginally posted by RJHinds
No, I would not say that. Those books are inspired by Satan.
And you know that how? Does it say that in your bible? Please quote me the verse that says the quran is inspired by satan. That would be interesting since Islam is about 600 odd years younger than christianity.

w

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by vistesd
[b]No holiness,
vast emptiness.

--Whodey
Is the World without Christ.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
no i didn't misread your post. i was arguing with sonhouse. you butted in the conversation without having any context and you just posted an unrelated opinion.
Quite true. Nevertheless, you clearly misunderstood my post even if you didn't misread it.

HE, SONHOUSE, says christianity (and all religions) are causing overconsumerism and social inequality. so i told HIM that if anything, jesus promotes the opposites. there was an example that at least a religion (and i chose christianity because i am more familiar with it) doesn't follow his preconception.
Yet that is not what you said in the post I initially replied to. What you were saying is that unless there was a Bible verse countering his argument then he must necessarily be wrong, ie you believe all truth must necessarily be contained in a Bible verse.

yes it does. if christianity suggests something and some people do the opposite, that doesn't follow that christianity is responsible for that.
Nor does it follow that it isn't.

it would be like me telling you not to eat too much chocolate or you will get fat then you blaming me for getting fat after eating too much chocolate
If you talking about chocolate was what got me started, then I could certainly attribute my weight gain to you. Quoting what you said would prove nothing either way.

so you do get some of my points. glad you figured out that. i fail to see how the teachings are flawed or responsible for the so called followers not bloody following them.
Did I or sonhouse say the religious teachings were flawed? I certainly did not. Are the teachings as teachings responsible? For some things, yes - but you conveniently ignore most of the Bible and focus on Jesus, forgetting the racism, homophobia, slavery and other teachings found in other parts.
But even if the teachings were entirely 'nice', it remains a fact that religions in general cause certain undesirable results the main one to me is social division. Would you marry an atheist? Would you marry a Muslim? Would your decision be based on the teachings of Jesus? Would your decision be because of your religion?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
And you know that how? Does it say that in your bible? Please quote me the verse that says the quran is inspired by satan. That would be interesting since Islam is about 600 odd years younger than christianity.
It should be obvious to anyone that has studied the Holy Bible that Islam
is an anti-christ religion.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Quite true. Nevertheless, you clearly misunderstood my post even if you didn't misread it.

[b]HE, SONHOUSE, says christianity (and all religions) are causing overconsumerism and social inequality. so i told HIM that if anything, jesus promotes the opposites. there was an example that at least a religion (and i chose christianity because i am more fami ...[text shortened]... ision be based on the teachings of Jesus? Would your decision be because of your religion?
I think it would be a very bad idea for a christian to marry and atheist
or a Muslim. It would be an uneven yoke.