2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '22 17:47
    @divegeester said
    Is it?

Explain why and let’s discuss.
    What is different between what you have said and that?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 May '22 15:222 edits
    Divegeester, explain to me one thing. Why did the Apostle John use the word both in this sentence ?

" . . . he who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son." (2 John 1:9b)

I am not asking you how many Gods there are. Don't reply to what I do not ask.
    What I ASK is why the Apostle John referes here to "BOTH the Father and the Son."?

Doesn't that show a distinction between the two ?

And with that could you also speak to the usage of the word "THIER" in Revelation 6:17.

"And they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits upon the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of THEIR wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" (Rev. 6:16,17)

Why does the word of God use the plural pronoun "THIER" above?

And why does the word of God refer to "BOTH the Father and the Son" ?

I am not asking you how many Gods there are. I believe in one God.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '22 20:12
    @kellyjay said
    Go for it
    Go for what?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '22 20:13
    @sonship said
    I believe in one God.
    No you believe there are three.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '22 09:17
    @divegeester said
    No you believe there are three.
    Your modalism is also not in the scriptures.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '22 09:27
    @kellyjay said
    Your modalism is also not in the scriptures.
    I have never, not even once, mentioned “Modalism”.
    You are making it up.

But I do like how your use of “also” acknowledges that the trinity is unscriptural.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '22 11:163 edits
    @divegeester

No you believe there are three

Three what?

I believe there are three _______.
    But I believe there is one God as the Bible says.

It is not that I believe something extra.
    You don't believe enough.

Now I just turned on the PC. I will now go back and see if you attemted to explain what I asked about 1 John 5:20.

By the way. I will accept you admiting "I cannot explain this" as an acceptable answer - for now.
    That is more honest then just a red thumbs down or ignoring silence imo.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '22 11:295 edits
    " . . . he who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son." (2 John 1:9b)

Why does the Apostle John refer to "BOTH the Father and the Son"?

" . . . hide us from the face of Him who sits upon the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb; For the great day of their wrath has come, . . . " (Rev. 6:17)

Why does the word of God written refer to plural pronoun "THEIR . . . wrath?"

The words BOTH and THEIR indicate a distinction between the Father and the Son and God and the Lamb.

I said "distinction."
    I did not say a "separation."

Modalists and Unitarians, trinitarians do not believe something extra in God's word. Maybe you all don't believe enough.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '22 11:464 edits
    @divegeester

Yea, you never mentioned Modalism as your position because you think only you can put others under your dogmatic magnfying glass and classify them.

You never mention Modalism because you think you're the only one who can sit on a higher examination chair pronouncing classifications on other's beliefs.

Sorry Divegeester. You go under the magnifying glass too buddy.
    And Modalism is what the historical church calls your " O SO Unlabelled and
    pure theology."

You trot out the three headed statue from Babylonian religion to give creedence to your complaint. Sometimes it is just a little amusing that you think "Somehow, all those trinitarians just seemed to have gotten it wrong. I can easily bring them up to speed." As if more astute minds then ours have [not] long contemplated this matter over the course of church history.

There is one God.
    Mysteriously - "We have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous."

".
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '22 11:56
    @divegeester said
    You are making it up.

But I do like how your use of “also” acknowledges that the trinity is unscriptural.
    Your beliefs reflect modalism; it does not matter that you don't use the word, and it
    is no different with the Trinity; it is in scripture it doesn't matter that the Word is used
    or not. Having it laid out in scripture in what is written matters, and describing
    modalism even though you don't use the word is the same thing.

Think of it no different than a sport. You can describe soccer without ever using
    the word, those who know what you are talking about will understand without ever
    hearing you say the word.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '22 23:21
    @divegeester said
    You are making it up.

There is a difference between unscriptural and not in scripture. It would be best if you
    focused on what is being said instead of always attempting to make things fit what
    you want them to say, from the words of others you talk to, and the scriptures
    themselves.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '22 03:59
    @kellyjay said
    Your beliefs reflect modalism; it does not matter that you don't use the word, and it
    is no different with the Trinity; it is in scripture it doesn't matter that the Word is used
    or not. Having it laid out in scripture in what is written matters, and describing
    modalism even though you don't use the word is the same thing.

Think of it no different than a sport. You can ...[text shortened]... d, those who know what you are talking about will understand without ever
    hearing you say the word.
    Modalism is your word not mine. Trinity is your word not mine.

In the bible it is stated, hundreds of times in fact that “God is one”
    Nowhere in the bible, not even once is it stated “God is three”.

Your doctrine is man made error.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '22 04:031 edit
    @kellyjay said
    There is a difference between unscriptural and not in scripture. It would be best if you
    focused on what is being said instead of always attempting to make things fit what
    you want them to say, from the words of others you talk to, and the scriptures
    themselves.
    You have have been taught the trinity by your church leaders. It is a mad made idea handed down over centuries from pagan Rome. If the trinity doctrine disappeared overnight, then tomorrow it would not reappear, because it is not of God.

However the notion that “God is one” is scriptural and a robust doctrine. It is not man made and would reappear again and again and again.

You should stay focused on what is being said instead of always attempting to make things fit what you want them to say.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '22 04:08
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Yea, you never mentioned Modalism as your position because you think only you can put others under your dogmatic magnfying glass and classify them.
    You have been going on about modalism for years, I’ve never mentioned it not even once, the bible doesn’t mention it either. Now KellyJay is on about it.

Have you been discussing modalism with KellyJay?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree