1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '22 18:30
    @josephw said
    Your interpretation of the scriptures is "man made".
    No it isn’t.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '22 00:39
    @divegeester said
    No it isn’t.
    Didn’t you say you used your moral compass to read and decide what is good scripture and bad?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '22 00:42
    @divegeester said
    I’m not confused at all. I’ve debunked the man made trinity doctrine so many times it’s almost routine.
    You don’t defend your stance and suggesting simply disagreeing about something is not debunking it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '22 06:07
    @kellyjay said
    Didn’t you say you used your moral compass to read and decide what is good scripture and bad?
    Yes.

Nothing I believe is man-made though, I’m not adding anything to the bible like you do; e.g. the trinity is man made.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '22 06:08
    @kellyjay said
    You don’t defend your stance and suggesting simply disagreeing about something is not debunking it.
    I’ve debunked the trinity doctrine more times than I can remember, as have several other posters here over the years.

You were spoon-fed it, you love it.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '22 09:31
    @divegeester said
    Yes.

Nothing I believe is man-made though, I’m not adding anything to the bible like you do; e.g. the trinity is man made.
    I didn't add the word 'trinity' to the Bible, and since you admit you add and take
    away scripture by what your moral compass tells you is true or not, you do.

Trinity is something that is used to describe something found in the Bible; when you
    reject entire books of the Bible; you are taking away from the Word.

So in scripture, as I believe you describe god, there is but one, and he changes from
    the father, to the son, to the holy spirit now and then, and when he changed into a
    man, it is just one of the things god does, correct?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '22 09:54
    @divegeester said
    I’ve debunked the trinity doctrine more times than I can remember, as have several other posters here over the years.

You were spoon-fed it, you love it.
    What do you think debunking means, simply you disagreeing with a passion for
    your disregard for that which you disagree with, or more likely, your disregard for
    the person you are talking with about this?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '22 10:49
    @kellyjay said
    I didn't add the word 'trinity' to the Bible
    No one has “added it to the bible”…it’s not in there because it’s man made.

You have been taught it, swallowed it and added it to your believe system.

I don’t do things like that.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '22 10:51
    @kellyjay said
    What do you think debunking means
    debunk
    verb [ T ] informal

to show that something is less important, less good, or less true than it has been made to appear.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/debunk

You’re welcome.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '22 23:29
    @divegeester said
    debunk
    verb [ T ] informal

to show that something is less important, less good, or less true than it has been made to appear.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/debunk

You’re welcome.
    Your modalism is also not in the scriptures.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '22 04:13
    @kellyjay said
    Correct. But it doesn’t logically follow that what I believe is man made. Even as much as you would like it to.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '22 04:131 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Your modalism is also not in the scriptures.
    I have never, not even once, mentioned “Modalism”.
    You are making it up.

But I do like how your use of “also” acknowledges that the trinity is unscriptural.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '22 09:30
    @divegeester said
    I have never, not even once, mentioned “Modalism”.
    You are making it up.

But I do like how your use of “also” acknowledges that the trinity is unscriptural.
    What you promote is modalism; your definition of God is just that. Your description
    of how you view God is modalism; simply because you don't use the word doesn't
    mean that is not what you are proclaiming, and simply because I use the word
    Trinity, it is not because the word is found in the Bible; what is in the Bible points to
    while the heresy of modalism cannot be justified in scripture.

As you describe God, you have Him changing faces to promote Himself in different
    ways. You have Him having some information in one face and not having it in
    another, you having him being an intermediator between Himself and Himself as He
    pretends to be two people, your doctrine has Him talking about as the Father, Son,
    and Holy Spirit as if they different persons even though as you claim the are the
    same person. In other words, you have God playing roles while being one.

The Trinity doesn't do that; God is a socially complex being, three different persons
    One Being, each in total full agreement with the other and always was, is, and will
    be. There is no shadow of turning with God as yours always does. God
    does not disagree with Himself, He does not improve, He never diminishes, He is
    the same yesterday, today, and forever.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '22 12:202 edits
    from https://www.theopedia.com/modalism [my bolding]

Modalism

Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons. According to Modalism, during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode. Thus, God does not exist as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time. Rather, He is one person and has merely manifested himself in these three modes at various times. Modalism thus denies the basic distinctiveness and coexistence of the three persons of the Trinity.

Modalism was condemned by Tertullian (c. 213, Tertullian Against Praxeas 1, in Ante Nicene Fathers, vol. 3). Also known as Sabellianism, it was condemned as heresy by Dionysius, bishop of Rome (c. 262).

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God (i.e., who God is). "Present day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus... modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." [1]

15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '22 17:05
    @kellyjay said
    What you promote is modalism
    Is it?

Explain why and let’s discuss.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree