1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '22 08:22
    Trinitarians worship 2, Jesus AND the other person Jehovah.

Of course they should worship 3, the Holy Spirit also. But the 2nd God in the trinity said that the holy spirt “has not come to speak of himself” so they can’t.

Which is odd when you consider that the old Roman trinitarian creed says that all THREE of the people in the trinity are “co-equal”.

They really shouldn’t worship the 1st person in the trinity either because “scripture” says that only JESUS saves and only his name saves and that they “should do all things, in word and deed, in the name of Jesus”.

So even though these three distinct Gods are allegedly co-equal, they clearly aren’t. You know… “according to scripture”.

Dear me, it’s a confusing mess isn’t it.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 May '22 11:04
    @divegeester said
    No, it's not.

Consider two parallel lines vanishing on the horizon. They appear to meet at a point beyond comprehension. The same is true with comprehending God. Our minds reach a vanishing point beyond which we lose cognitive sight.

Ultimately there is only one God, and what can be known about him can only be understood through revelation.

The Word of God informs man about everything he needs to know about God, but that can only be comprehended up to a vanishing point beyond which our intellect cannot conceive.

Beyond that it's all spiritually understood. The rejection of God's Word literally cripples spiritual comprehension and understanding.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 May '22 11:44
    @divegeester said

Of course they should worship 3, the Holy Spirit also. But the 2nd God in the trinity said that the holy spirt “has not come to speak of himself” so they can’t.

Which is odd when you consider that the old Roman trinitarian creed says that all THREE of the people in the trinity are “co-equal”.

They rea ...[text shortened]... they clearly aren’t. You know… “according to scripture”.

While you are correct about many things here, Im not sure this is supported in the bible .. They really shouldn’t worship the 1st person in the trinity either because “scripture” says that only JESUS saves and only his name saves and that they “should do all things, in word and deed, in the name of Jesus”.

Jesus saves but Jesus never said to worship him. Jesus saves through the Grace of God. Jesus said people must worship God

.. Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.(Matthew 4:10 KJV)
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 May '22 12:38
    @rajk999 said
    While you are correct about many things here, Im not sure this is supported in the bible .. They really shouldn’t worship the 1st person in the trinity either because “scripture” says that only JESUS saves and only his name saves and that they “should do all things, in word and deed, in the name of Jesus”.

Jesus saves but Jesus never said to worship him. J ...[text shortened]...
    .. Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.(Matthew 4:10 KJV)
    John 20:28
    And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '22 12:42
    @josephw said
    No, it's not.

Consider two parallel lines vanishing on the horizon. They appear to meet at a point beyond comprehension. The same is true with comprehending God. Our minds reach a vanishing point beyond which we lose cognitive sight.

Ultimately there is only one God, and what can be known about him can only be understood through revelation.

The Word of God informs m ...[text shortened]... nderstood. The rejection of God's Word literally cripples spiritual comprehension and understanding.
    So your rebuttal of my OP is in essence that the trinity of confusion is actually only person if you squint your eyes and look into the distance.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '22 13:04
    @divegeester said
    So your rebuttal of my OP is in essence that the trinity of confusion is actually only person if you squint your eyes and look into the distance.
    Surely you did vanishing points in art class in school?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 May '22 13:36
    @josephw said
    John 20:28
    And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
    Apparently you get your doctrine and advice and take your example from the likes of Thomas, the Pharisees and from other fallible men. I get mine from the mouth of Jesus Christ.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 May '22 15:20
    @divegeester said

They rea ...[text shortened]... they clearly aren’t. You know… “according to scripture”.

Don't worry about it. There are some things about God that will only be revealed in the hereafter of our lives.

For now, we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. - 1 Corinthians 13:12
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 May '22 15:31
    @divegeester said
    For you, yes.

Your other option is to remain confused.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 May '22 15:45
    @mchill said

Don't worry about it. There are some things about God that will only be revealed in the hereafter of our lives.

For now, we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. - 1 Corinthians 13:12
    So how is it that some Christians claim to know these things already. Do they not also have to wait unitl these are revealed hereafter, or is it that hereafter is now for them only.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '22 16:11
    @mchill said
    Don't worry about it.
    I’m not worried about it in the slightest; whatever makes you think I am?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '22 16:12
    @josephw said
    For you, yes.

Your other option is to remain confused.
    I’m not confused at all. I’ve debunked the man made trinity doctrine so many times it’s almost routine.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 May '22 00:03
    @divegeester said
    I’m not confused at all. I’ve debunked the man made trinity doctrine so many times it’s almost routine.
    Have you ever sincerely sought and managed to bow your haughty little self before the God Who transcends all human conceptions of God?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '22 06:081 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Have you ever sincerely sought and managed to bow your haughty little self before the God Who transcends all human conceptions of God?
    Off topic and a personal attack.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '22 10:10
    @divegeester said
    Your interpretation of the scriptures is "man made".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree