@galveston75 said
    Take care buddy.....
    Thanks
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:32
    @pb1022 said
    Everyone can be fully aware of what happened in 2018 if you post the thread(s) where you trolled me over my invalid mother and if you post the thread where I allegedly trolled someone over the suicide of their mother (which I did not do.)

I suggest you post the threads publicly for everyone to see.

The fact you refuse to do that speaks volumes.
    You were a drugged up arse in 2018, posting all night benders, trolling endlessly and you got rightfully banned from the website. Why don’t you make a bit of an effort to be less of a dickhead this time around.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:37
    @divegeester said
    You were a drugged up arse in 2018, posting all night benders, trolling endlessly and you got rightfully banned from the website. Why don’t you make a bit of an effort to be less of a dickhead this time around.
    I wasn’t on drugs, but don’t let that stop you from repeating that false accusation.

And as far as trolling, maybe you and your pals should look in the mirror. Any trolling I did was in retaliation for what I received.

I suggest you post some robust rafts of Scripture and not concern yourself with me.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:39
    @pb1022 said
    As far as trolling, maybe you and your pals should look in the mirror. Any trolling I did was in retaliation for what I received.
    You seem to want people to think it was somehow Ghost of a Duke and not you who was banned from the site in 2018 for malicious trolling.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:451 edit
    @fmf said
    You seem to want people to think it was somehow Ghost of a Duke and not you who was banned from the site in 2018 for malicious trolling.
    I’m well aware that justice is not always delivered justly - that some posters get away with murder while other far less obnoxious and malicious posters don’t.

It’s the way of the world.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:48
    @pb1022 said
    I’m well aware that justice is not always delivered justly - that some posters get away with murder while other far less obnoxious and malicious posters don’t.
    And yet you decided to return.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:51
    @FMF
    1 Cor 15:26 is a promise from our God Jehovah. " And the last enemy death will be brought to nothing".

Death is now and has always been our enemy. Jehovah created man to live forever. Unfortunately Satan and Adam changed that. But Jehovah has promised that in the near future Satan will be removed and man can once again have the chance to live in peace on this beautiful planet with no one dying.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 23:56
    @galveston75 said
    @FMF
    1 Cor 15:26 is a promise from our God Jehovah. " And the last enemy death will be brought to nothing".

Death is now and has always been our enemy. Jehovah created man to live forever. Unfortunately Satan and Adam changed that. But Jehovah has promised that in the near future Satan will be removed and man can once again have the chance to live in peace on this beautiful planet with no one dying.
    Yes, but how does the prospect of death make you feel?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 00:43
    @fmf said
    Yes, but how does the prospect of death make you feel?
    Terrible. I have no desire for myself or for anyone to die. Some will
    say it's not a worry but when it comes down to it most want life.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 00:56
    @galveston75 said
    Terrible. I have no desire for myself or for anyone to die. Some will
    say it's not a worry but when it comes down to it most want life.
    I have some fears about things like the pain I might suffer from whatever kills me and much bigger fears about being a burden to my family in the weeks or months leading up to death.

I also ~ like avalanchethecat ~ feel trepidation about what certain people will go through, those for whom my death will be burdensome in one way or another ~ but death/not existing does not fill me with fear.

With my consciousness ended, I will not be able to perceive that I am dead. My unique narrative, accessible only to me, will be gone. I believe the only kind of afterlife is the one conjured up by the collective memories of those we leave behind and the narrative that they piece together.

Indeed, that memory of departed loved ones may have given rise - in prehistoric times - to the widespread notion that people's spirits live on after they die ~ something that is a ubiquitous feature of the human condition.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 01:34
    @fmf said
    I have some fears about things like the pain I might suffer from whatever kills me and much bigger fears about being a burden to my family in the weeks or months leading up to death.

I also ~ like avalanchethecat ~ feel trepidation about what certain people will go through, those for whom my death will be burdensome in one way or another ~ but death/not existing does not fill ...[text shortened]... le's spirits live on after they die ~ something that is a ubiquitous feature of the human condition.
    I agree with you. Do you believe it??? Yes I agree the thought of myself being a burden either by dying or still being alive but being a burden to them as in being bed ridden.
    Once you are dead it's as this scripture says: Psalm 146:4 “The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all . . . Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.”
    I know the daily pain I still feel for my mother who as you remember died a few years ago still hurts. My did is even worse. But the reason it hurts us all so much is because we are not supposed to die. That was the really big design that Jehovah planed for humans over animals. The Bible says that in the future that ALL the dead will be resurrected and that death will soon be done away with.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 01:41
    @galveston75 said
    Once you are dead it's as this scripture says: Psalm 146:4 “The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all . . . Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.”
    What you are saying corresponds somewhat to what I said on the other thread about Christianity's 'need' for "Hell". I think Christianity works fine without "Hell" [where it means eternal torture] and where annihilation, instead, is believed to be the fate of the "damned".
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 02:141 edit
    @fmf said
    What you are saying corresponds somewhat to what I said on the other thread about Christianity's 'need' for "Hell". I think Christianity works fine without "Hell" [where it means eternal torture] and where annihilation, instead, is believed to be the fate of the "damned".
    Well the hell that most christian religions teach isn't true. They may need it to to scare their flocks or followers. That has been discussed a few times here. The scripture I just quoted explains the true condition of all dead humans. The bible says the wages of sin is death. We all sin so we all die. No mention here of a forever burning of humans that paid for their sins by dying.
    The bible does say that evil humans and even Satan
    will burn if a Lake of Fire forever. Fire in the Bible is used to explain total and complete destruction. Never to exist again. In order for a sinful human to "burn forever" would mean they are still alive. But yet the Bible says they are dead with no thoughts, no planning, etc.|
    Jehovah is a just god. He loves all his creations. The bible says "he notices when a sparrow dies and hits the ground". How much more would he never horribly burn a human for ever?

Going to bed.....
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 03:281 edit

Removed by poster

15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 03:45
    @divegeester said
    Why don’t you make a bit of an effort to be less of a dickhead this time around.
    You first.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree