How can a Good God send people to hell?

How can a Good God send people to hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Do you believe that God is Holy?
When compared to a nigger in the vineyard of the Lord, most certainly.

Moves
04 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
When compared to a nigger in the vineyard of the Lord, most certainly.
So does a nigga in the vineyard of the Lord require Holyness or Sanctification in order to be able to stand before a Holy God on the day of judgement?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 Sep 06

So does a nigga in the vineyard of the Lord require Holyness or Sanctification in order to be able to stand before a Holy God on the day of judgement?
I haven't gotten that spiritually complex yet. I'm still at "Jesus loves me this I know."

Moves
04 Sep 06

I haven't gotten that spiritually complex yet. I'm still at "Jesus loves me this I know."
I presume you get your "Jesus loves me this I know" from the Bible?

If you believe that, don't you think you should also believe the other things that the Bible says?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 Sep 06

I presume you get your "Jesus loves me this I know" from the Bible?

If you believe that, don't you think you should also believe the other things that the Bible says?
If you believe that the batteries in your flashlight or remote give it power, doesn't it make sense for you to swallow batteries to get more energy?

Moves
04 Sep 06
1 edit

If you believe that the batteries in your flashlight or remote give it power, doesn't it make sense for you to swallow batteries to get more energy?
No it does not, because you are not even remotely a flashlight. 😀

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 Sep 06

No it does not, because you are not even remotely a flashlight. 😀
Matt5:14 "You are the light of the world." 16: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Moves
04 Sep 06

Matt5:14 "You are the light of the world." 16: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
Good point.

So what about all the other passages in the Bible?

Do you believe the words of Christ when he spoke about hell?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 Sep 06
1 edit

Good point.

So what about all the other passages in the Bible?

Do you believe the words of Christ when he spoke about hell?
I tell you what; let's just call it a day and enjoy our day of rest. I beseech you that you have my permission to not eat any batteries though we are called upon to be light to the world.

Moves
04 Sep 06
1 edit

I tell you what; let's just call it a day and enjoy our day of rest. I beseech you that you have my permission to not eat any batteries though we are called upon to be light to the world.
🙂

You might find this site interesting: www.insightsofgod.com

Have a nice day!

B

Moves
04 Sep 06

Do we believe that the Father is a Man (I.E. is God a Man?)
I'm assuming not. God has no sex. God is above this world and its definitions. However God is a spiritual father. If this is the case then we CANNOT take the bible literaly word for word. Therefore, Hell, in my understanding, is not a place, but a state of being. There is no such thing as dark, only lack of light. No such thing as cold only lack of heat. Hell, to me, is a lack of knowledge of God and nearness to God. We should all know that the word hell is derived from a firy garbage dump. Christ likens the absence of God to Sheol or death, not hell as translated by king james. It is important to debate this understanding. If hell is simply an absence of knowledge of God, and because nearness to God (in my opinion) is the greatest possible achievement, lack of knowledge of God's messengers (Moses, Christ, Muhammad) results in a sad state of being.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by menace71
What bothers me about alot of Christians is that they always have their cookie cutter answers. They can't just say I don't know the answer to everything. I honestly think some will be in heaven that most christians would not believe and vise versa.

Manny
What a bunch of crap, it is a human thing. If this is a place where we
debate it is going to be place where people are speak and give
what they think is true. Everyone here from time to time says they
do not know. You are just blowing smoke here.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Sep 06
1 edit

Personally, that is one of the most powerful messages man can
get, accept, and make their own. 🙂
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by KellyJay
My theory says we have the ability to make our choices within the
universe God has created. God's knowledge is another issue
altogether that has nothing to do with our choices, if we are free to
make them we are free to make them, if we are not, we are not.
Kelly
Then what you have is merely the ILLUSION of free will. If its already tallied on a scoreboard there is no free will.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
Then what you have is merely the ILLUSION of free will. If its already tallied on a scoreboard there is no free will.
No, what you have is an excuse to blame someone or something else
for what you do. The bottom line is where is the choice being made,
and by whom, if it is you making it, it isn't an illusion your willingness
to blame someone or something else is a cop out.
Kelly