How can a Good God send people to hell?

How can a Good God send people to hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 Sep 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
I suggest you listen to Ravi Zacharias explain it.
Why doesn't god himself explain it to me?

Moves
03 Sep 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Have you asked him yet?

If you have, why not allow one of his servants to do so?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 Sep 06

Have you asked him yet?

If you have, why not allow one of his servants to do so?
Because his servants all seem to be incompetant idiots. Their arguments are unpersuasive. I can only assume that an omnipotent, omniscient god would do better.

Who would you want to explain relativity to you? Einstein himself, or someone who has read a book on Einstein?

Moves
03 Sep 06

Because his servants all seem to be incompetant idiots. Their arguments are unpersuasive. I can only assume that an omnipotent, omniscient god would do better.

Who would you want to explain relativity to you? Einstein himself, or someone who has read a book on Einstein?

Have you ever listened to Ravi Zacharias or been to any of his meetings?

Does this mean that you will not believe in relativity until Einstein himself explains it to you?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 Sep 06
1 edit

Have you ever listened to Ravi Zacharias or been to any of his meetings?

Who would you want to explain relativity to you? Einstein himself, or someone who has read a book on Einstei oes this mean that you will not believe in relativity until Einstein himself explains it to you?
No, I have never heard of Ravi Zacharias, nor have I been to any of his meetings. I have also never been to a Nazi rally, nor have I heard Hitler speak. But I don't think it's necessary to discount Nazism.

It's not necessary for me to hear of relativity from Einstein himself, but it might be nice. One can only assume that he would be the top authority on the matter. I could read his writings on the topic if I chose.

Moves
03 Sep 06

No, I have never heard of Ravi Zacharias, nor have I been to any of his meetings. I have also never been to a Nazi rally, nor have I heard Hitler speak. But I don't think it's necessary to discount Nazism.

It's not necessary for me to hear of relativity from Einstein himself, but it might be nice. One can only assume that he would be the top authority on the matter. I could read his writings on the topic if I chose.

I see. So you have made up your mind already? It is rather sad that you compare Christianity with Nazism. Do you actually know what the teachings of Christ are? I find it hard to believe that you can compare it with Nazism.

But do you believe his theory or not?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 Sep 06

[b]No, I have never heard of Ravi Zacharias, nor have I been to any of his meetings. I have also never been to a Nazi rally, nor have I heard Hitler speak. But I don't think it's necessary to discount Nazism.

I see. So you have made up your mind already? It is rather sad that you compare Christianity with Nazism. Do you actually know what the teach ...[text shortened]... could read his writings on the topic if I chose.[/b]

But do you believe his theory or not?[/b]
I didn't compare Nazism with christianity. You've read far too much into the analogy.

I have not made up my mind. I would be open to any new or compelling evidence on the matter. But I have heard many, many arguments for the existence of god. And I have found them all to be unconvincing. I therefore doubt Mr. Zacharias has any tricks up his sleeve that I have not already encountered. Besides, if his case were so compelling, I'm sure it would have made it's way into the public conciousness by now.

I don't really know enough about relativity to say I 'believe' it in the sense you seem to be indicating. I suspect it is a 'likely scenario' is about all I'd be willing to commit to.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
03 Sep 06

In order to have some kind of meaningful discussion, why don't we start from scratch?

Do you believe that the Bible is the revelation of God to mankind? If not, what do you believe?
Sure, let's start from scratch. What do I believe? I believe that we are all a bunch of niggers in the vineyard of the Lord and God loves us anyway. That's what I believe.

Moves
03 Sep 06
2 edits

I didn't compare Nazism with christianity. You've read far too much into the analogy.

I have not made up my mind. I would be open to any new or compelling evidence on the matter. But I have heard many, many arguments for the existence of god. And I have found them all to be unconvincing. I therefore doubt Mr. Zacharias has any tricks up his sleeve that icating. I suspect it is a 'likely scenario' is about all I'd be willing to commit to.
I have not made up my mind. I would be open to any new or compelling evidence on the matter.

I would really suggest you read up a little on Dr. Zacharias and if possible go to one of his meetings and ask him your questions. He is far better equipped than myself to answer your questions.

I don't really know enough about relativity to say I 'believe' it in the sense you seem to be indicating. I suspect it is a 'likely scenario' is about all I'd be willing to commit to.

But do you think someone who has studied relativity without personally hearing Einstein explain it to him, can be justified in believing it?

Moves
03 Sep 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Sure, let's start from scratch. What do I believe? I believe that we are all a bunch of niggers in the vineyard of the Lord and God loves us anyway. That's what I believe.
You are refering to the God of the Bible?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
03 Sep 06

Because he enjoys seeing your heart hardened.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
03 Sep 06

You are refering to the God of the Bible?
And so begins your process of complicating things. I'm gonna keep it at "scratch" level. I am a simple nigger in the vineyard of the Lord and Jesus loves me. If "Jesus loves me this I know" is good enough for children, why do we need to go complicating things? What did Jesus say about children?

Is you really saved?

Moves
03 Sep 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
And so begins your process of complicating things. I'm gonna keep it at "scratch" level. I am a simple nigger in the vineyard of the Lord and Jesus loves me. If "Jesus loves me this I know" is good enough for children, why do we need to go complicating things? What did Jesus say about children?

Is you really saved?
How about, what did Jesus say to Nicodemus?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Sep 06

Will those who are in Heaven still have free will ?? What if after 100,000 years they get tired of worshipping God can they do something else. I think also those in hell who have free will if they could have the choice would want to leave hell??If hell is the place of suffering decribed. Who in there right mind would want to go to such a place of suffering?? Granted there may be some who would.

Manny

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
03 Sep 06
1 edit

I have not made up my mind. I would be open to any new or compelling evidence on the matter.

I would really suggest you read up a little on Dr. Zacharias and if possible go to one of his meetings and ask him your questions. He is far better equipped than myself to answer your questions.

I don't really know enough about relativity to say I y without personally hearing Einstein explain it to him, can be justified in believing it?
What's with this Dr. Zacharias all of a sudden? What happened to that Kent Hovind you used to blather on about all the time? Or has he become too big of an embarassment for even the creationist crowd?