Homosexuals in heaven?

Homosexuals in heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
They stop rogering other men, repent and adopt Christian standards. They were
cleansed in that they now have an approved standing before God, cleansing their
consciences.
if they stopped 'rogering' other men it wouldnt stop them from being homosexual would it. in the same way if you stopped having sex with women (i suppose you would have to start first ๐Ÿ˜€) it wouldnt stop you from being hetrosexual......now whats that lovely turn of phrase you use?........FAIL...NEEEEEEEEXT.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
if they stopped 'rogering' other men it wouldnt stop them from being homosexual would it. in the same way if you stopped having sex with women (i suppose you would have to start first ๐Ÿ˜€) it wouldnt stop you from being hetrosexual......now whats that lovely turn of phrase you use?........FAIL...NEEEEEEEEXT.
whether it stops them or not being homosexuals is not the issue, the act is condemned
as are those who practice it, the Bible is crystal clear, its a pity you need to resort to
obfuscation in order to make an argument, weak, really weak.

Moves
06 Aug 12

another FAIL, they should love Gods standards more, what did Jesus say the greatest
commandment was, that you love your God with your whole heart, mind , soul and
strength which means upholding his righteous standards.
No man can truly uphold Gods standards. It is impossible. We all fall short of the glory of God. To profess that you can is not true. We can strive to do our best , but we all fail in that quest.

Z

Moves
06 Aug 12

lets face it, fashions come and fashions go but Gods standards transcend the whims of
moral fashion, neeeeext!
yes, that is why jesus changed gods standards? or are we still stoning little girls?

Z

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Sex is biologically for reproduction. Of course there is the odd fun moment๐Ÿ™‚ but
in the bible heaven, would there be kids? If not, your bodies would probably all become unisexed. In fact, why would you need a physical body at all? Wouldn't you be more like some kind of complex cloud of energy that from the POV of each individual, would think of themselve ...[text shortened]... at case, sex would be the coupling of two different energy clouds.....

In short, Matrix....
you keep your soul penis out of my energy cloud, i would have no unnatural soul mingling, sir!

Moves
06 Aug 12
1 edit

whether it stops them or not being homosexuals is not the issue, the act is condemned
as are those who practice it, the Bible is crystal clear, its a pity you need to resort to
obfuscation in order to make an argument, weak, really weak.
its not weak at all, them being or not being homosexuals is the issue. you said they need to stop having sex with men to be okay with god. you didnt say they need to stop finding men attractive. so that indicates its all about the sexual act, therefore being gay is not the issue. so what exactly is gods problem with gay sex. the 'its not natural argument doesnt work because 'natural' indicates sex is for having children, there are a few problems with this argument -

1. woman can only get pregnant about 6 days out of a month meaning, gods okay with sex for funs sake, otherwise he would have a rule about when its okay to do it.

2. god doesnt seem to have problem with oral or male/female anal sex (as far as im aware) so 'natural' sex covers all sorts.

so what exactly is the problem with man on man action. if two straight dudes had gay sex for a bet would this anger god?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
1. Can homosexuals make it to heaven?
2. What happens to them in heaven ... do they become heterosexual?
1. Yes. All have sinned. The saved ones go to heaven.

2. No sex in heaven. Because no one is married.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
yes, that is why jesus changed gods standards? or are we still stoning little girls?
You apparently do not realize that Jesus is the representation of the God of the Old Testament in the flesh.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
1. Yes. All have sinned. The saved ones go to heaven.

2. No sex in heaven. Because no one is married.
There is a different kind of marriage in heaven. We, as believers, are somehow all to become the bride of Christ. It is not clear if this is a spiritual marriage or what, but the marriage supper of the Lamb is written about in the Holy Bible.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
Mosaic Law went out of fashion, didn't it?
Not for Jews.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
The Mosaic Law "archetype" went out of fashion, though, didn't it?
Not for Jews.

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Not for Jews.
The laws laid out in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy are still in fashion for the Jews?

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

in my opinion??? more secular liberal all inclusive, all encompassing, lovey dovey
bilge, Christianity is a privilege for those who uphold its standards, not for those who
disregard them.
Did the "privilege" of this creed that you finally opted for, after shopping around for some kind of a religion, match a pre-existing prejudice against homosexuals that you had?

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
Did the "privilege" of this creed that you finally opted for, after shopping around for some kind of a religion, match a pre-existing prejudice against homosexuals that you had?
yawn its not about me.

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

yawn its not about me.
You choose to pontificate against people and condemn them. So it certainly is about you. I am just trying to analyze whether you already sought to discriminate against homosexuality before you signed on for some kind of a religion. Some people condemn homosexuals without even being religious. Did the words in the book you now subscribe to match a pre-existing prejudice against homosexuals that you had? Or did the words turn you against them?