Homosexuals in heaven?

Homosexuals in heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
1. Can homosexuals make it to heaven?
2. What happens to them in heaven ... do they become heterosexual?
I'm sorry, but I have to say the thread title would be a great rock band name.

I know, this reply belongs in Culture.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by Penguin
Angels dancing on a pin mate!

There is no evidence for the existence of heaven and therefore no point in speculating about its properties.

--- Penguin
Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Z

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
You apparently do not realize that Jesus is the representation of the God of the Old Testament in the flesh.
that is a non-sequitur. i am talking about how there were some standards and jesus changed them. not the nature of jesus and god.

jesus was a reformer, he threw away some morals and standards and replaced them with new ones. nowadays we are doing the same and rightly so, we no longer require women to be submissive and stay home with the children. so why not allow two men who love each other share a bed? you allow a man to give another man a back rub? why not some lovin?

Moves
07 Aug 12

im amazed that god has such a big issue with homosexuality, yet doesnt mention pedophilia, does this mean that being gay is worse than sexually abusing children? god takes time to list all manner of sins, but says nothing about the biggest sin of all......seems odd.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
It is clear from the Biblical text that those who were homosexuals in the first
century, after they became Christians, stopped the practice in order to bring their
life into harmony with Gods standards of morality,

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) . . .What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not
inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Ne ...[text shortened]... Christ and with the spirit of our God.

clearly from the text homosexuals do not enter heaven.
Along with 90% of the population apparently, screw you Robbie (just a figure of speech) while you and the happy clappies are boring each other senseless for eternity the rest of us will be partying down stairs.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Along with 90% of the population apparently, screw you Robbie (just a figure of speech) while you and the happy clappies are boring each other senseless for eternity the rest of us will be partying down stairs.
yawn.

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
i think upstairs will slowly turn to hell anyway. i dont think the majority of them really appreciate how long eternity is. if they have freewill then eventually they are going to start to get bored (there is only so much basking in gods glory you can do) and minds will be dissatisfied as life becomes stagnant, eventually causing these feelings to build and spread and just like the first time a bunch of angels went nuts and got kicked out it will happen again. only the most brain dead and needy people could spend eternity doing nothing but worshiping god.

Moves
07 Aug 12

yawn.
cover your mouth, do you christians have no manners!!!!

fart.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
im amazed that god has such a big issue with homosexuality, yet doesnt mention pedophilia, does this mean that being gay is worse than sexually abusing children? god takes time to list all manner of sins, but says nothing about the biggest sin of all......seems odd.
"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."
(Revelation 21:8 NKJV)

I think those sexually abusing children is included with the sexually immoral.

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, [b]the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."
(Revelation 21:8 NKJV)

I think those sexually abusing children is included with the sexually immoral.[/b]
possibly, but the homosexuality gets plenty of direct mentions, yet a worse crime is lumped in with many others. surly by mentioning homosexuality directly he is saying that its a bigger issue. i dont think its possible to defend this rj, just hold your hands up and say - "yes stells you have made a good point bordering on genius, i bow down to your superior intellect and will take this issue up with the big fella straight away" and we can save ourselves a day of bickering.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Aug 12

possibly, but the homosexuality gets plenty of direct mentions, yet a worse crime is lumped in with many others. surly by mentioning homosexuality directly he is saying that its a bigger issue. i dont think its possible to defend this rj, just hold your hands up and say - "yes stells you have made a good point bordering on genius, i bow down to your sup ...[text shortened]... this issue up with the big fella straight away" and we can save ourselves a day of bickering.
I suppose if it is ok to slaughter them for the sins of their fathers, then to get all holier than thou about raping them is a bit hypocritical even for a God.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 12
3 edits

possibly, but the homosexuality gets plenty of direct mentions, yet a worse crime is lumped in with many others. surly by mentioning homosexuality directly he is saying that its a bigger issue. i dont think its possible to defend this rj, just hold your hands up and say - "yes stells you have made a good point bordering on genius, i bow down to your sup ...[text shortened]... this issue up with the big fella straight away" and we can save ourselves a day of bickering.
No way, you zoobs even approach genius - genius is originality and as far as i can
discern, you have uttered the same arguments people have been doing for thousands
of years, look at that turkey Kev, we are partying down while you bore each other, a
new idea?

“Eat, drink, enjoy yourself. The rest is nothing.” This was the motto of the ancient
Epicureans. Some contemporaries of the apostle Paul held a similar view. “Let us eat
and drink, for tomorrow we are to die” was their view. (1 Corinthians 15:32) They
believed that this short life is all we will ever have, so they promoted the idea that
we should make the most of that life. Genius? I dont think so.

How has such a spiritually myopic and self indulgent attitude benefited us, not a jot!

Now you can either accept that we christians have had all the answers for all of
mankind's problems all along and are in fact spiritual geniuses or you can rehash
the same arguments over and over again, either way, its your choice.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 12

No way, you zoobs even approach genius - genius is originality and as far as i can
discern, you have uttered the same arguments people have been doing for thousands
of years, look at that turkey Kev, we are partying down while you bore each other, a
new idea?

“Eat, drink, enjoy yourself. The rest is nothing.” This was the motto of the ancien ...[text shortened]... niuses or you can rehash
Your answer is discrimination, i would hardly call that 'spiritual genius'?!

Moves
07 Aug 12
1 edit

new idea?

“Eat, drink, enjoy yourself. The rest is nothing.” This was the motto of the ancien niuses or you can rehash
clamber down off your little stool, take the battered mars bar out of your mouth, quit the pontificating jock boy and admit that its odd that the bible spends a huge (in comparison) amount of time discussing the evils of homosexuality directly and zero time on pedophilia.

answer a straight question with a straight answer -

if you could rid the world of homosexuality or pedophilia which one would you go for?

rc

Moves
07 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Your answer is discrimination, i would hardly call that 'spiritual genius'?!
discrimination??? , I prefer the term, discerning.