Heaven or earth?

Heaven or earth?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
08 Jul 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Lol, egomaniacs like Doward thrive on trying to get one over on another, this
egocentricity practically prevents them from being able to understand another
perspective, thus what you get is this Pharisaical type of attitude. I know better then
you, exactly the same attitude that was displayed by the Pharisees who were always
trying to catch ...[text shortened]... me for them that knowledge puffs up the
ego, whereas as love builds up a persons spirituality.
mmm hmmm. pot kettle black. Please produce one instance when you have recanted a position.

rc

Moves
08 Jul 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Doward
mmm hmmm. pot kettle black. Please produce one instance when you have recanted a position.
30 May '11 17:10 :: 1 edit
Originally posted by Teinosuke
Matthew 5:27-28: "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Robbie: ok, im busted! i admit it, damn, i never saw that coming! anyone for tennis?

thread - Majority now support gay marriage

Now you shall produce an instance where you have recanted on a position?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jul 11

Lol, egomaniacs like Doward thrive on trying to get one over on another, this
egocentricity practically prevents them from being able to understand another
perspective, thus what you get is this Pharisaical type of attitude. I know better then
you, exactly the same attitude that was displayed by the Pharisees who were always
trying to catch ...[text shortened]... me for them that knowledge puffs up the
ego, whereas as love builds up a persons spirituality.
How have you demonstrated your love?

D

St. Peter's

Moves
08 Jul 11

Matthew 5:27-28: "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Robbie: ok, im busted! i admit it, damn, i never saw that ...[text shortened]... port gay marriage

08 Feb '11 01:35
Originally posted by Agerg
What follows here is a response from Doward to me in my other "souls" thread that did not get a response from me acknowledging the care and time he put into it. I brushed it off (unfairly perhaps) because of irritation that the raison d'etre for my other thread was to demonstrate that

- an atheist's (in particular my own) claim that one needs not invoke ...[text shortened]... an apology and acknowledgement I could have handled the situation better.

Doward:

and I as well. Perhaps a day or two to regroup and we can have at it again?
Thread: souls (doward) Forum: Spirituality

D

St. Peter's

Moves
08 Jul 11

Robbie: ok, im busted! i admit it, damn, i never saw that ...[text shortened]... port gay marriage

and just so you know that i am even handed and open minded in my positions:

30 Apr '11 11:42
Originally posted by galveston75
I believe the deaths in wars from Witnesses is....................."0"
How many guns have our elders blessed with Holy Water? ...."0"
How many have we put to death because of their beliefs?......."0"

Should I go on Robbie? I hope they get the point here as no TRUE CHRISTIAN would kill anyone much less a fellow believer.

I just noticed how many times RJ changes the subject here. I know most of my questions he is avoiding.

Doward:

this is probably the one thing I am in agreement with the JW's on. I think no Christian should be involved in acts of war, whether fighting or supporting.
Thread: The Holy Spirit Forum: Spirituality

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 11

Should I go ...[text shortened]... of war, whether fighting or supporting.
You can think what you want. But according to the Holy Bible, you are wrong.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You can think what you want. But according to the Holy Bible, you are wrong.
I get it now..Duh!!!!!!!!! We're all wrong but you! Sorry but I'm just a little slow. 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 11

Maybe, there is hope for you yet.

Planet Rain

Moves
09 Jul 11

I know this subject has been discussed before but another scripture to think about in showing that not all who are approved by Jesus for life, just go to heaven.
The Sermon on the Mount in Matt 5:1-5 brings this truth out.
Notice verse 3 mentions that a group will be in the "heavens" as it belongs to them.
Notice verse 5 mentions another group that a ...[text shortened]... ittle flock or fold.
This reflects the promise of a new or cleansed heavens and earth.
All I know is if heaven is populated by Bible-thumping tossers then I want to go to the other place.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 11

Originally posted by Soothfast
All I know is if heaven is populated by Bible-thumping tossers then I want to go to the other place.
Don't worry there will be no Bible-thumping tossers there. It will be
a happy place for all.

Planet Rain

Moves
09 Jul 11

Don't worry there will be no Bible-thumping tossers there. It will be
a happy place for all.
Bah, I'm just a bit bored at the moment. Obviously.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 11

Originally posted by Soothfast
Bah, I'm just a bit bored at the moment. Obviously.
You need to get more chess games going. There is one fellow that had
over 600 games in progress. I doubt he was bored.

Planet Rain

Moves
09 Jul 11

You need to get more chess games going. There is one fellow that had
over 600 games in progress. I doubt he was bored.
The most games I've ever played at once is 3. I chess in the slow lane. 😉

rc

Moves
09 Jul 11

Should I go ...[text shortened]... of war, whether fighting or supporting.
well well your eminence, who would have thought that despite your natural inclination
towards megalomania you are also capable of, i wont call it humility at this stage, but
a recognition of some type of limiting factor to your fervent egocentricity.

j

Moves
09 Jul 11
2 edits

Let's clear up the heaven and earth thing simply by viewing the closing passages of eternity future.

"And one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, Come here; I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.

And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coing down out of heaven from God." (Rev. 21:9.10)

The New Jersusalem was doing what ??? It was "COMING DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN FROM GOD." (excuse the shouting).

So if any believer is expecting to be forever in heaven, she or he should expect to be rather in New Jerusalem. And she (the bride city) is coming down out of heaven.

Another passage:

"He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and My new name." (Rev. 3:12)

New Jerusalem, the final destination of the redeemed, transformed, resurrected, sanctified and glorified saints is doing what??? She "DESCENDS OUT OF HEAVEN FROM MY GOD".

Are we clear ? The ultimate climax of God's salvation is the New Jerusalem. She comes down out of heaven from God. She descends out of heaven from God.

"But, but what about the special 144,000 ? Aren't they some government ruling from heaven as Watchtower said ? "

The Firstfruits in Revelation 14 are those "who follow the Lamb wherever He may go." (Rev. 14:4)

WHOEVER they are, WHATEVER they are, they "follow the Lamb [Christ] wherever He may go." Are we clear ?

The Lamb has His throne in the New Jerusalem in eternity future - "And he showed me a river of water of life, right as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its [New Jerusalem's] street." (Rev. 22:1)

The throne of God and of the Lamb is in the New Jerusalem. The New Jerusalem descends out of heaven from God. The Firstftuits (whoever and whatever they are) follow the Lamb wherever He goes. When New Jerusalem goes down out of heaven from God, the Lamb on the throne goes with her and so do the 144,000 Firstfruits and the multitude which no man could number also.

Bible readers should get use to saying that the eternal destiny of the saved is the New Jerusalem.